The Scout Leader tried to get me to wait

she was a no-show.

...NO WAY!

My Mom showed up.

She bought me "bloomers" again.

:ohwell:

camily

Peace
I showed up to work in my slippers once. They were so comfortable I guess I totally forgot. I was so embarrassed. Luckily I only lived a 10 minutes from work so I went home real quick and changed. I was more embarrassed when I showed up back at home and my family had to see me!! They never let me live it down!

Otter

Nothing to see here
camily said:
I showed up to work in my slippers once. They were so comfortable I guess I totally forgot. I was so embarrassed. Luckily I only lived a 10 minutes from work so I went home real quick and changed. I was more embarrassed when I showed up back at home and my family had to see me!! They never let me live it down!

Wow, a defining moment..I was wondering how you got like you are..:eyebrow:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was washing my hair under the bath faucet, hanging over the side of the tub. I squeezed out the water and tipped my head back to get a little towel dry, then flung my head forward so the hair would be in front when I turbaned the towel. BAM! Smacked my forehead on the side of the tub and knocked myself out cold. Freaked the kids out until I came to and told them what happened. They laughed for days. And of course then I had a huge knot on my forehead and had to tell to everyone who asked what I did. :lol:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
vraiblonde said:
I was washing my hair under the bath faucet, hanging over the side of the tub. I squeezed out the water and tipped my head back to get a little towel dry, then flung my head forward so the hair would be in front when I turbaned the towel. BAM! Smacked my forehead on the side of the tub and knocked myself out cold. Freaked the kids out until I came to and told them what happened. They laughed for days. And of course then I had a huge knot on my forehead and had to tell to everyone who asked what I did. :lol:

OMG. I can't breathe. :killingme :lmao: :killingme

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
RoseRed said:
But... I did see a book at the library this afternoon with my Bug. It was titled Mig the Pig... :lol:
:yay: I look forward to checking it out. I just placed it on hold at the library!

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
HA!! And Otter thought mine was a defining moment! That's hysterical.

slik

Wenchy said:
:lmao:

This one is pretty bland, but I laugh whenever I think about it:

4 years ago I was enjoying my cup of morning java while reading the newspaper. It was a rare day off for me, and I had no plans on getting dressed. I was sitting in front of the fireplace in JUST my bathrobe when something caught my eye.

My DAMN Christmas tree was rolling/blowing down the street (it had been on the curb for pick-up)

I flew out of the door, trying to hold my robe together, and ran barefoot down the street. I did catch the tree, and dragged it back...into my backyard, for future collection.

I hope that nobody saw me.

We did and can't wait until next Christmas !!

slik

Our first child and my wife is 2 weeks past due. They decide to induce. We get to the hospital at 5am. Contractions are hell - she is actually, physically choking me - until they give my wife "the shot". Around 1pm the nurse, after checking my wife, tells me "this isn't going to happen for quite awhile. You might as well go eat and I'll keep an eye on her.".
I leasuirely stroll down to the cafe, get a sandwich, a coffee and the paper - relax - stroll outside to have a smoke. All in all gone about 45 minutes. I casually wonder back to the room, knock, the door flies open and the nurse screams "Your wife's having the baby - quick put these on" as she flings the standard hospital paper attire at me. Well, I have the usual questions - I'm panicking, but blurt out "Do I put these over my clothes or take my clothes off ?". The unexpected reply is "take your clothes off".
I rushed to a corner of the room that was not busy, leaped out of my jeans and was attemtping to get the pants on. My foot became hung up and I ripped the crotch right out of the pants. I looked around bewildered but didn't dare ask for another pair.
I dressed as best as I could and dutifully took my wife's side. As she was laboring - literally, with legs in stirrups and baby breaching. I leaned over her and said "Love - your not gonna believe this - I just ripped the crotch out of these pants and my manhood is hanging out". The room went silent - all eyes were on me as she screamed "What the frig are YOU worried about ". I guess vanity was not an issue at that moment.
After the baby was delivered I moved down to cut the cord, slipped on what I can only suspect was some type of bodily fluid and cracked my head on the side of bed resulting in 4 stitches.
I've never heard the end of this. My wife's standard reply is that childbirth wasn't that bad for her but it almost killed me. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
slik said:
Our first child and my wife is 2 weeks past due. They decide to induce. We get to the hospital at 5am. Contractions are hell - she is actually, physically choking me - until they give my wife "the shot". Around 1pm the nurse, after checking my wife, tells me "this isn't going to happen for quite awhile. You might as well go eat and I'll keep an eye on her.".
I leasuirely stroll down to the cafe, get a sandwich, a coffee and the paper - relax - stroll outside to have a smoke. All in all gone about 45 minutes. I casually wonder back to the room, knock, the door flies open and the nurse screams "Your wife's having the baby - quick put these on" as she flings the standard hospital paper attire at me. Well, I have the usual questions - I'm panicking, but blurt out "Do I put these over my clothes or take my clothes off ?". The unexpected reply is "take your clothes off".
I rushed to a corner of the room that was not busy, leaped out of my jeans and was attemtping to get the pants on. My foot became hung up and I ripped the crotch right out of the pants. I looked around bewildered but didn't dare ask for another pair.
I dressed as best as I could and dutifully took my wife's side. As she was laboring - literally, with legs in stirrups and baby breaching. I leaned over her and said "Love - your not gonna believe this - I just ripped the crotch out of these pants and my manhood is hanging out". The room went silent - all eyes were on me as she screamed "What the frig are YOU worried about ". I guess vanity was not an issue at that moment.
After the baby was delivered I moved down to cut the cord, slipped on what I can only suspect was some type of bodily fluid and cracked my head on the side of bed resulting in 4 stitches.
I've never heard the end of this. My wife's standard reply is that childbirth wasn't that bad for her but it almost killed me. :lmao:
:lmao:

Ponytail

slik said:
Our first child and my wife is 2 weeks past due. ...My wife's standard reply is that childbirth wasn't that bad for her but it almost killed me. :lmao:

:roflmao:

OMG these stories are hysterical!!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I can't contend with knocking myself out or getting caught kung foo fighting. Some of you oldies have heard this already....

I was a freshman in high school at the mall with my mom shopping for school clothes. So I had been pestering her to get me something and she got totally agrivated at me. We were walking through the lingerie dept. at JC Penny when she yells out (and I mean loud) "No Pixie, I am not buying you that size bra and no you can't stuff it." School shopping season and there were plenty of patrons. :buttkick:

Second to that was that same year but winter time. My best friend lived down the street right next to mine. We use to meet each other "half way" and walk back "halfway" as well. So it was cold and it had snowed and I was walking Shan half way home. It was pretty slippery out and I said to her "Would you get mad if you slipped and fell and I laughed." She laughed and said "no." Well don't you know that karma came and bit me in the ass. Right at "halfway" I slipped and fell right into a puddle that had frozen over. Only the top layer was frozen so I busted through the ice and was soaked with freezing water. To make things for a 14 year old girl absolutely mortifying there was a college age guy that lived at the house that was at "half way" and he and a bunch of his buddies were standing outside and got the show. :faint: