If you were a little girl in the 70's

punchbuggy

I remember all of those things... Was in love with Scott Baio & Shaun Cassidy. My sister had the Partridge Family album and I had a Partridge Family lunchbox with the breakable thermos in 3rd grade. Malibu Barbie and Ken were my first Barbie dolls. My sister and I had the Barbie Airplane that we shared. Remember "After School Specials"? Speed Racer, The Flinstones, 3 Stooges and the seasonal Charlie Brown shows... We all watched the same thing on tv unless we were sent to bed with no tv for the night. No remote controls either! Great memories!

I remember I had the talking Nancy Nurse doll, Barbie, skipper and PJ, until our dog chewed their legs up !:cds:

I had a little doll who came sitting in a daisy in a plastic flower pot and you could push down on the stem and the flower opened- but I can't remember her name

I had the clackers also-- in fact a few of my friends threw a set of the clackers up on the telephone lines-@ 1975 and they are still up there!

Dont forget desert boots (chuckas) I remember begging my grandmother to buy them for me- cuz my Dad's idea of school shoes was saddle shoes- in middle school he broke down and let me get the tan suede ones with the kiltie flap. I would ride my bike and drag my feet backwards trying to "kill" the saddle shoes-- alas back to shoe store and........... ugh another new pair of saddle shoes.

lol I can still remember the sound of those wooden Dr. Scholl sandals--- thunk thunk

and buffalo platforms- the ones with the leather X on the top- I had blue and tan

Last edited: