If you were to become incapacitated...

Who do you want to make medical decisions on your behalf?

• Your spouse

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Your spouse because you have no parents or adult children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your parents

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Your parents because you have no spouse or adult children

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Your adult children

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Your adult children because you have no spouse or parents

• A friend

• Your primary physician

• You would want Jeb Bush to gain legal custody of you and let him make the decision

• No one would make the decision because I have a very detailed living will

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Magic 8-ball

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I have to say my Dad. He's the only person I know how could actually make that decision. He's had t do it once already.

Spoiled

I would leave it up to my parents, considering i have no kids and no wife... I really wouldnt want to be in a vegitated state for too long though, I would want the plug to be pulled...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
ken you have a link on writing a lviing will?
There are online programs to do it. Some are just forms and others step you through the process. Some are free and some charge a nominal fee. I have a software program at home that I got with an Intuit package a few years ago that I created mine from. LegacyWriter.com and lawdepot.com might have what you are looking for.

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
Last week I got CPR and AED certified. My Mom said, "Thats nice but don't ever use it on me. I'll be really upset if save my life." :ohwell: Her mothers day gift is going to be a medical ID bracelet that say 'do not resuscitate'.

alex

Spoiled said:
ken you have a link on writing a lviing will?
If you go to State Attonery of MD you can download a PDF file of their Advance Directive brochure which has all the forms you need in MD or you can have them mail you the same information.

As for who would decide - my spouse. All though he said if he goes first I am expected to jump on the burning funeral pyre. My response is not printable here.

Last edited:

Nanny Pam

Railroad said:
It'd be great if you had a choice for "Your spouse and/or your adult children," or make it so we can choose more than one. So I didn't vote yet.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too. But, I voted for the hubby.