I'm curious...

MiddleGround

I assure you if a distracted texter ran over a dozen children every couple of weeks congress would pass a bill banning texting and driving.

That is an interesting analogy but, it is not correct.

The call is for a removal of guns. Period! So, a proper analogy would be congress passing a bill to outlaw cell phones all around. I wonder how good that would go. Ya' know, seeing as the overwhelming majority of cell phone users do not kill people while using their phones. Just like the overwhelming majority of gun owners do not hurt people with their guns.

Interesting attempt at an analogy.

MiddleGround

Banning all High capacity weapons except for military and police. Done

Essentially you are saying that you don't care that schools get shot up and mentally ill people can own firearms to do so. You are saying that they just shouldn't be able to kill as many??

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
But the converse has to also be true. The risk of living in a society means you have to give up some personal freedoms for the good of the whole.

No it doesn't and stating it as a fact doesn't make it so.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

MiddleGround

No it doesn't and stating it as a fact doesn't make it so.

Umm. Yes it does.

Go ahead today and strip down to your birthday suit and waltz around the public park where the children are playing. You should be free to do so right?

Let us all know how it worked out for you tomorrow :yay:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Umm. Yes it does.

Go ahead today and strip down to your birthday suit and waltz around the public park where the children are playing. You should be free to do so right?

Let us all know how it worked out for you tomorrow :yay:

We're on guns here, sorry if you thought I was expanding the topic.

Midnightrider

LE didn't do their job. I think we can agree on that.

I would agree that the FBI had not conducted their investigation YET, but i don’t think even the FBI has a future crimes unit. We can’t hold Leo responsible to prevent all crimes. It’s just not possible. They may have been able to do better in this case, but they may have been handcuffed by the current laws

mitzi

Unfortunately, in society, there are evil people who will do their will, no matter what. You cant take guns away from law biding citizens because a few have chosen to be murderous scumbags. As stated earlier, if guns are not available for mass violence, other conveyances can and will be used. Look at the incident in England when the terrorist drove his car through a crowd of people, or the same incident that took place in Charlottesville, I believe it was, another car plowing through a crowd. A person whose intent on destroying, will do so, and use what ever is at hand to do so. The FBI failed those kids in Florida by not investigating complaints, the police reported he had killed animals and seemed to enjoy it. Why was this ignored??? Why didnt someone, anyone, try to get this kid out of the school and into a doctors office? I blame the school, the FBI and the police but, more so, I blame him!!

I'd like to know more background when living with his mother. What did his mother die from? Was she one who made all the calls to the police? Etc.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'd like to know more background when living with his mother. What did his mother die from? Was she one who made all the calls to the police? Etc.
His adoptive mother died of pneumonia this past November, up till then he lived with her. Not sure what happened to his birth parents, but the Cruz's adopted him and his brother some time ago.

BernieP

Resident PIA
...how many of these kids who think we need stricter laws to prevent gun deaths text while driving, even though it's illegal in most states?

The reason the gun banners bring it up now is because of all the emotion over the slain kids.
Nobody is thinking.
Thinking about the repercussion of rolling back the second amendment.

What's to stop any administration for working on rolling back the other 9 amendments that form the bill of rights.
Public universities and schools are already there when you consider how they control speech on campus and campus events

Probably all of them.

let's say we get rid of the 2A, since so many people are so good at fantasy. What do we do then, when some kid brings an explosive device in his back pack, and drops it off in the gym before the pep rally? How do you suggest we handle that?

Stop teaching chemistry?

BOP

Perhaps he feels police should only shoot black people with black rifles. :shrug:

I guess nobody told him that gun laws were originally designed to keep black folk from legally purchasing guns.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I guess nobody told him that gun laws were originally designed to keep black folk from legally purchasing guns.

He should know it!

After all... It was his party that was responsible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why do you trust them with weapons so much?

Because they've spent the last generation calling police and military Nazis and jack-booted thugs. It makes perfect sense they'd want them to be the only ones armed.