I'm curious...

Sapidus

There are already laws in place that should have prevented Cruz from getting this gun, and the system failed. Every red flag and could have been raised was raised with this kid. The FBI was called twice on him. Over 30 visits to his house from police due to complaints of his behavior. Expelled form school. My God what else could have stopped this? If the system that is already in place failed to keep guns out of his hands, what other laws would you propose that could have worked?

Banning all High capacity weapons except for military and police. Done

Sapidus

It Is called the Risk of LIVING IN a FREE Society .... bad #### happens

But the converse has to also be true. The risk of living in a society means you have to give up some personal freedoms for the good of the whole.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
“A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, is the problem a single instance of a large number of people being killed or a large number of incidents of a small number of people being killed?

I have been trying to make this point for days. If the light comes on for the usual suspects, may I hire you to make my posts in the future?

Sapidus

“A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington

Let's look at that closer.

If we truly are concerned with defending ourselves from the government should we not have access to Nuclear weapons, rockets, tanks? Where does it end?

Sapidus

I have been trying to make this point for days. If the light comes on for the usual suspects, may I hire you to make my posts in the future?

We can be concerned about both.

This is the same as the constant " well what about black on black crime?" " what about Chicago"? It's just a way to deflect focus on the actual issue

black dog

Free America

If we truly are concerned with defending ourselves from the government should we not have access to Nuclear weapons, rockets, tanks? Where does it end?

Today's lesson children, is to go and Google or Bing what NFA Destructive Devices are..

Chris0nllyn

No need. I think deep down these folks know it's a silly argument.

We can be concerned about both.

This is the same as the constant " well what about black on black crime?" " what about Chicago"? It's just a way to deflect focus on the actual issue

It certainly may be deflecting, but why aren't thousands of people rushing their respective state capitals to demand a change to inner city violence? Even after super restrictive gun laws, get this, criminals have guns. That's because realistically speaking, there are hundreds of millions of guns circulating this country. It would take decades to get rid of them all. Decades filled with violence from criminals preying on people they know won't have a means to fight back.

So, yes, we can care about both, but let's be honest. We don't. We don't get this sort of vepid response after every violent Independence Day in Chicago or after a young child is killed in a drive-by.

Sapidus

No need. I think deep down these folks know it's a silly argument.

It certainly may be deflecting, but why aren't thousands of people rushing their respective state capitals to demand a change to inner city violence? Even after super restrictive gun laws, get this, criminals have guns. That's because realistically speaking, there are hundreds of millions of guns circulating this country. It would take decades to get rid of them all. Decades filled with violence from criminals preying on people they know won't have a means to fight back.

So, yes, we can care about both, but let's be honest. We don't. We don't get this sort of vepid response after every violent Independence Day in Chicago or after a young child is killed in a drive-by.

Ok. So we agree.

But whats your point? Nothing you said is doing anything to stop either. So we just throw up our hands and say well until no ones is shoot in Chicago i hope they keep shooting up schools?

Why can't you talk about the issue without deflecting?

luvmygdaughters

Unfortunately, in society, there are evil people who will do their will, no matter what. You cant take guns away from law biding citizens because a few have chosen to be murderous scumbags. As stated earlier, if guns are not available for mass violence, other conveyances can and will be used. Look at the incident in England when the terrorist drove his car through a crowd of people, or the same incident that took place in Charlottesville, I believe it was, another car plowing through a crowd. A person whose intent on destroying, will do so, and use what ever is at hand to do so. The FBI failed those kids in Florida by not investigating complaints, the police reported he had killed animals and seemed to enjoy it. Why was this ignored??? Why didnt someone, anyone, try to get this kid out of the school and into a doctors office? I blame the school, the FBI and the police but, more so, I blame him!!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Ok. So we agree.

But whats your point? Nothing you said is doing anything to stop either. So we just throw up our hands and say well until no ones is shoot in Chicago i hope they keep shooting up schools?
I

Every comment is a deflection to you. You have so many issues, if I told you Good Morning you you would state I’m deflecting from this issue or that. You’re so blinded by ignorance and hate you can’t even see the sun shine.

PS.....you don’t ever comment on real issues unless they are on your agenda

PsyOps

Pixelated
no system is perfect, but this guy didn't have anything in his record that would have excluded him from owning a gun. If the FBI were to have processed the tips properly AND they found just cause, they could have possibly arrested him, but maybe not. even then unless he was convicted of a severe enough crime or deemed mentally insane he would pass a nics check.

LE didn't do their job. I think we can agree on that.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And that's a valid question. In principle - yes. In context of what the founders wanted - yes. In reality, no. I can't afford a nuke or tank or fighter jet. So, why do you propose to move us even farther away from our ability to defend our way of life? Why not allow us to be as well-armed as possible? Is your aversion to the reality that people like me own 'high capacity' firearms stranger than the reality that one day we may need those weapons to combat tyranny?

Chris0nllyn

Ok. So we agree.

I haven't been deflecting this entire time. Just trying to get you to see the bigger picture here.

Of course I don't hope schools get shot up, that's ridiculous. All I'm saying is that we live in a free country. A country that was founded on the idea that citizens can own guns. It's a great responsibility we take on but the idea that we can ban a certain type of gun based on the way it looks is silly and not based on any sort of factual evidence. I personally don't want my government running like that, making up laws, and banning things based on feelings. That's a major, slippery slope, and not how our courts (most of them anyway) decide what laws are valid or not.

We, as a country, have decided that there a number of things that are dangerous (including a large number of things that kill FAR more people than mass shootings) but don't get the same level of response.

Grumpy

Banning all High capacity weapons except for military and police. Done

As I've said before, you can ban all you want but if they are still made and available to military and police, the only thing that changes is the price some azzhat will pay for a stolen one. Have you ever meant a criminal that said 'oh I can't have that or do that, its banned or against the law'. Your naivety is stunning.