Impeachment

Stjohns3269

Are we all really watching the same thing? I am watching on C-span.

What i have seen today has been very unsettling as an american and speaks to just how far Trump has pushed those around him or those around him have pushed Trump away from normal political and government procedures. I know Trump isn't a politician and in business this quid pro quo stuff might fly but its clearly out of bounds.

Even Ken Starr is saying the it is over for Trump after today: ( yes that Ken Starr who is probably the foremost living expert on impeachment having impeached Clinton)

Ken Starr: "There will be articles of impeachment, I think we've known that ... It's over ... This is his position, we now know that the president, in fact, committed the crime of bribery ... Articles of impeachment are being drawn up if they haven't already been drawn up."

What a terrible day for our country.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So as certain folks continue to hand-wring over the President's actions (with the hand-wringing being an attempt to put one over on the American public) let's add this:

In an article from several days ago Attkisson, no friend of the Feds (as a result of her battle with the DoJ over alleged illegal hacking of her computer(s) and eavesdropping), points out something from Taylor's testimony that undercuts much of the Majority's case. Here's a snip (to whet the appetite; do her favor and give her a click):
Taylor testified that he understood it was President Trump’s desire to lock in a commitment from Ukraine to launch a corruption investigation by having the president, Vlodymyr Zelensky, say so on CNN. But Taylor further testified that he did not want the CNN interview to happen, and “sought assurances from Zelensky that he would not do so.”

Under what authority did Taylor resist the President’s foreign policy– presumably behind his back?

There's much more in Attkisson's relatively short post. As I said, exercise due diligence and take a read. You might find it interesting....

Just another reason why an open-minded citizen will see that the entirety of this "inquiry" is nothing more than a case of #OrangemanBad and worry over 2020 on the part of those opposed to Trump.

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was almost a certainty from about January 2017 that Trump would be impeached.

Wake me up when the Senate votes to convict. ;-)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It was almost a certainty from about January 2017 that Trump would be impeached.

Wake me up when the Senate votes to convict. ;-)
All this is about is trying to muddy him up as much as possible before election day.

I'm hoping he has a blistering barrage of campaign commercials being developed using the Democrats own statements, antics, contradictions and lies against them.

Should be entertaining. :lmao:

Stjohns3269

So as certain folks continue to hand-wring over the President's actions (with the hand-wringing being an attempt to put one over on the American public) let's add this:

In an article from several days ago Attkisson, no friend of the Feds (as a result of her battle with the DoJ over alleged illegal hacking of her computer(s) and eavesdropping), points out something from Taylor's testimony that undercuts much of the Majority's case. Here's a snip (to whet the appetite; do her favor and give her a click):

There's much more in Attkisson's relatively short post. As I said, exercise due diligence and take a read. You might find it interesting....

Just another reason why an open-minded citizen will see that the entirety of this "inquiry" is nothing more than a case of #OrangemanBad and worry over 2020 on the part of those opposed to Trump.

--- End of line (MCP)

When someone ask you to break the law while doing your job you have every right to refuse just as Taylor did. I am not sure what the issue you are bringing up is

Did you watch or listen to today's hearing ? It confirmed everything that the other players involved have said an implicated Pompeo ( who is apparently on the verge of resigning and probably testifying against Trump) Trump, Pence and Giuliani. At a certain point these deep state conspiracies being to fall apart when you realize the extent of the lying going on.

I mean Sondland was a major Trump supporter who donated $1 million to get this position. What reason does he have to lie?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Even Ken Starr is saying the it is over for Trump after today: ( yes that Ken Starr who is probably the foremost living expert on impeachment having impeached Clinton)

Ken Starr: "There will be articles of impeachment, I think we've known that ... It's over ... This is his position, we now know that the president, in fact, committed the crime of bribery ... Articles of impeachment are being drawn up if they haven't already been drawn up."

Fake news

So....did you just out yourself as a progbot parroting your master's talking points?

Stjohns3269

Fake news

So....did you just out yourself as a progbot parroting your master's talking points?

I watched a replay of him say those words on FOX where he quoted Schiff. Followed by him saying articles of impeachment are being drawn up and that he didn't think that the Republicans were going to run to the White House ala Nixon and pressure Trump to resign but that we were getting close to it.

So he knew exactly what he was saying and exactly how serious todays testimony was for Trump.

Why do you and other here keep insisting this is some republicans vs democrats event? This should be all americans looking for the truth and making sure the law is being followed.

It's surprising how much hostility there is here to anyone who doesn't just agree with what appears to be herd mentality and tow the line for the president.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watched a replay of him say those words on FOX where he quoted Schiff.

That is NOT how you presented it in your post. You presented it as Starr's words, not him quoting Schiff.

And on ignore you go, fraud. Seriously, I hate that crap. Why not just state your case instead of pretending to be something you're not?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... as an american and speaks to just how far Trump has pushed those around him or those around him have pushed Trump away from normal political and government procedures.

What is NORMAL Sapidus ..... NORMAL is what ever the President wants it to be ..... he is the BOSS, he sets POLICY With Other Countries

Stjohns3269

That is NOT how you presented it in your post. You presented it as Starr's words, not him quoting Schiff.

And on ignore you go, fraud. Seriously, I hate that crap. Why not just state your case instead of pretending to be something you're not?

WOW.

Oh well. I should have known when I spend 15 minutes replying to your questions and explaining my opinion and why i believed it your response was "well thats your opinion". Typical of someone who doesn't want their beliefs challenged or their opinions being questioned and doesn't want to engage in actual conversation . I thought it was mostly the left that did that but i guess not

People around here are really sensitive. I didnt know we weren't allowed to post differing points of view. Some please send me the party line and I'll just repost it.

It's surprising there is so much suspicion about whistleblowers and peoples motives on this forum but taking a critical look at the Presidents motives and behaviors is out of bounds.