Instructor needed in Mechanicsville

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Persimmon Creek Farm is in need of a traveling instructor to do beginner and intermediate hunter/jumper. Weekly private and group lessons. Please call 301-672-4636

Im sure they are looking for a licensed/qualified instructor-- most legit farms require that for insurance purposes.
So are you saying that lovemyber135 is neither insured nor qualified to be an instructior? 'Cause that's the way your post came across.

DQ2B

Im sure they are looking for a licensed/qualified instructor-- most legit farms require that for insurance purposes.

The United States does not have license requirements for instructors though some associations provide certification. Massachusettes is the only state I am aware of that requires instructors to obtain a state license.

sb624

So are you saying that lovemyber135 is neither insured nor qualified to be an instructior? 'Cause that's the way your post came across.

from previous posts she does not come across that way- she have alot of knowledge, but any instructor i have ever ridden under has had qualifications/certificates/licenses.

sb624

The United States does not have license requirements for instructors though some associations provide certification. Massachusettes is the only state I am aware of that requires instructors to obtain a state license.

i never stated they did- but i wouldnt want to take lessons from someone who is not licensed, and if i had an established farm like persimmon creek i wouldnt want some random person coming in trying to teach.

sb624

and like i said, its usually for INSURANCE purposes. A qualified trainer who is traveling usually has liability insurance- thats moreso what I was referring to.

from previous posts she does not come across that way- she have alot of knowledge, but any instructor i have ever ridden under has had qualifications/certificates/licenses.

So you don't know, you just choose to slam her. Got it.

sb624

So you don't know, you just choose to slam her. Got it.

I know of her through people- and I am pretty sure she is not licensed. That isn't slamming anyone- so stop trying to pick a fight over a statement MOST people would support.

DQ2B

I know of her through people- and I am pretty sure she is not licensed. That isn't slamming anyone- so stop trying to pick a fight over a statement MOST people would support.

Again, there is no license to be had. You can't get one in the US. Certification is the only possible qualification on paper.

fredsaid2

Certification then- ARIA or CHA, thats what I was talking about.

So you're really asking what her background is? Maybe stated differently but a legit question. Still I'd think PCF knows the qualification level she's after and will weed out those that don't measure up.

lovemyber135

i cant believe all that jus happened and i cant believe im now a random person lol sry i even posted something guys didnt mean to get anyones panties in a bunch...thanx for sticking up for me and letting me know im not qualified for that job lol on to the next :-D no hard feelings

devinej

Don't worry lovemyber135, i think sb624 is the only one worried about certification. there are a few CHA certifieds in the area, don't know of any ARIA certifieds. Most instructors do not have any certification. Some have insurance, but not all. Insurance companies will give you a discount if you are certified through one of the organizations. USEF, USEA, and USDF also have certification programs.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and i don't know anyone who got certified before they began teaching lessons. there are plenty of well qualified instructors who do not bother with certifications.

this is not to say that everyone who claims to teach lessons is qualified, there are certainly plenty around who shouldn't be teaching anyone, at least until they learn more themselves. My advice for any new instructor is to keep taking lessons yourself and be willing to accept criticism. you will make plenty of mistakes, everyone does. read books. lots of books by the horse masters. go to clinics by the well known trainers. do not claim to know more than you do. be conservative in your lessons and students you take on.

Last edited:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Don't worry lovemyber135, i think sb624 is the only one worried about certification. there are a few CHA certifieds in the area, don't know of any ARIA certifieds. Most instructors do not have any certification. Some have insurance, but not all. Insurance companies will give you a discount if you are certified through one of the organizations. USEF, USEA, and USDF also have certification programs.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and i don't know anyone who got certified before they began teaching lessons. there are plenty of well qualified instructors who do not bother with certifications.

this is not to say that everyone who claims to teach lessons is qualified, there are certainly plenty around who shouldn't be teaching anyone, at least until they learn more themselves. My advice for any new instructor is to keep taking lessons yourself and be willing to accept criticism. you will make plenty of mistakes, everyone does. read books. lots of books by the horse masters. go to clinics by the well known trainers. do not claim to know more than you do. be conservative in your lessons and students you take on.

Well said!

I'd also like to state that you couldn't pay me to ride with some of the certified instructors I've seen around here. Yikes. To take an association like that seriously they really need to tighten up their requirements and make sure they aren't handing out certifications to anyone who pays.

I'll ride with my two non-certified instructors any time. :)

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Well said!

I'd also like to state that you couldn't pay me to ride with some of the certified instructors I've seen around here. Yikes. To take an association like that seriously they really need to tighten up their requirements and make sure they aren't handing out certifications to anyone who pays.

I'll ride with my two non-certified instructors any time. :)

Its been a looooong time since Ive had an instructor, but :yeahthat: