Insurance companies are the anti-Christ

Pete

Repete
KCM said:
Pete - sorry to hear what happened. Mine went up - double in fact since last year. I was hit from behind by an insurance adjuster a little over a year ago. I was shocked when the first bill came in. I was told by my insurance company that this are was a high risk area, hence the increase. I have never had an accident that was my fault in 15 years. I hope that you can get this resolved.
Oh I will get it resolved alright. I will call around and find out the rest of the blood sucking swamp beasts are pirates too and end up writing a big ass check.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Pete said:
I have my homeowners through Cumberland (Hollywood insurance) the policy just renewed for another year 30 June and it went up $6 to $512. I went with them because USAA wanted $975 a year:ohwell:

Now that might be worth checking out; my homeowner's went from $550 to $880! :shocking:

I wonder, Pete ... is it possible (when they figure the cost of a claim) do they factor in their costs (salary, travel to examine vehicle, film for pictures, time spent on the phone, etc.) kinda like how a lawyer charges for every little thing? :confused: What insurance company in their right mind wouldn't have totaled the thing out (since the dude wasn't in the car at the time). :shrug:

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Pete said:
Oh I will get it resolved alright. I will call around and find out the rest of the blood sucking swamp beasts are pirates too and end up writing a big ass check.

I wish you luck!

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
Now that might be worth checking out; my homeowner's went from $550 to $880! :shocking:

I wonder, Pete ... is it possible (when they figure the cost of a claim) do they factor in their costs (salary, travel to examine vehicle, film for pictures, time spent on the phone, etc.) kinda like how a lawyer charges for every little thing? :confused: What insurance company in their right mind wouldn't have totaled the thing out (since the dude wasn't in the car at the time). :shrug:
No, it has to be a typo or good up in some way. There is no way it costs $77,000. You could buy 4 of those cars for that much.

Toxick

Splat
Pete said:
Not to be left out the blood sucking vampires who we are forced to buy products from the Insurance companies :biteme:. Being the anal wretch I am I know I have paid out over $33,000 in insurance over the last 24 years and I have a grand total of about $3,000 claims (not counting the $77,000 Hundia dent). This includes windshields, paint due to vandalism and theft.

Everybody involved in the insurance industry should die of gonhorrea, and rot in hell.

K

Kizzy

Maybe it was a Lamborghini Gallardo disguised as a Hyundai. :shrug:

Sometimes, what starts out as good intentions, bite us in the arse later.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
No, it has to be a typo or good up in some way. There is no way it costs $77,000. You could buy 4 of those cars for that much.
Sounds like they forgot to enter the decimal point making the $77,000 - $770.00

Pete

Repete
Ken King said:
Sounds like they forgot to enter the decimal point making the $77,000 - $770.00
Even if that is the case I doubt it will change anything. :mad: they are still going to count that as an at fault accident and put the screws to me.

alex

My car insurance only went up $60 for 6 months because we put Linex on the truck bed and I wanted to insurance that too. Not bad for two cars one 10 years old and the other 1 yr old.

I had Erie for car and they were great. Only problem was when I got married hubby had an accident (skidded on ice slowing down for a red light) and they refused to cover him at all. So now we have GEICO, which I can't complain about. They raised the rates when I got a speeding ticket but once the points where off my record and I called them (yeah! had to contact them myself) they lowered the rates.

My home is with Liberty Mutual. It went up $135 for the year which isn't too bad considering it is insured for 100% market replacement value. What I find interesting is that they value the house about $25,000 more than the appraiser did when i refinanced last summer.

But Pete, it sounds like they got your insurance company for all their little dings and scratches. When I backed into a pole with a rental car - cheapo KIA - it only cost about $1500 to fix the bumper and trunk. $770.00 sounds like an awful lot to pop a dent.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
alex said:
My home is with Liberty Mutual. It went up $135 for the year which isn't too bad considering it is insured for 100% market replacement value. What I find interesting is that they value the house about $25,000 more than the appraiser did when i refinanced last summer.

That's because our local labor rates are so high. I know 2 folks who have custom-built houses that appraised at 15-20% LOWER than the construction cost. Both were completed over the summer.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
OK here is the poop form the insurance shucksters. Prior to 1 May 2004 the threshhold for the insurance company being able to screw you was $300. that is, if you have an accident and they pay more than $300 they can charge you for an at fault accident.

After 1 May 2004 it was increased to $750.

The Hundai I dented cost $433 to repair under the $74 but alas it was before 1 May 04 so I came under the $300 rule. So because of $133 my loving insurance company is going to screw me for 3 years to the tune of about $1200 in premiums without the courtesy of a reach around.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Pete said:
OK here is the poop form the insurance shucksters. Prior to 1 May 2004 the threshhold for the insurance company being able to screw you was $300. that is, if you have an accident and they pay more than $300 they can charge you for an at fault accident.

After 1 May 2004 it was increased to $750.

The Hundai I dented cost $433 to repair under the $74 but alas it was before 1 May 04 so I came under the $300 rule. So because of $133 my loving insurance company is going to screw me for 3 years to the tune of about $1200 in premiums without the courtesy of a reach around.

Well that sux's!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
elaine said:
I'm extremely happy with USAA.
They bite! When I purchased my first new car at 19, I wanted to continue my coverage with them, but it was going to cost me $2600 a year. :shocking: I quickly switched to Nationwide ($1500 less) and have been with them since. :yay:

Warron

I'm paying about $900 a year for a Mustang GT with Allstate. Just renewed a week ago and it didn't go up any. Even after getting a ticket earlier this year.

I agree with the dislike of insurance companies though. What other company's best customer is one who gives them money and never gets anything in return. And when something is asked for in return for your money, you get punished by being charged more in the future. It all seems like a huge scam to me.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
I wonder if they sent the check directly to the owner and what their reaction was?
maldives_islands_resorts_lily_beach_island_resort_couple_beach_lying.jpg

Pete

Repete
The check for $77,000 was a bulk check paid to Enterprise for rental cars for people who rented them while their car was being repaired. This person rented a car while their Hundai was being fixed.

sockgirl77

Pete said:
They all are scum. I got my policy renewal this afternoon in the mail. The freaking bill made me :faint:. 67% increase, thats right folks SIXTY SEVEN PERCENT. Not going too much into detail I was expecting my typical sub-thousand dollar renewal. Much to my suprise it was $1300 :yikes: I called the blood sucking a$$holes and they said that 2 things caused my policy to increase. 1. The at fault accident I had back in February where I backed into a POS Hundai in the parking lot and cause a teeny dent. and (you all will like this) 2. The rates for this area are taking a large hike. Now I am not the sensitive type but if you are going to :spank: me at least have the courtesy to :kiss: me after.

Now, when I had the scuvy shyster representative for the blood sucking leaches on the phone I said,

ME: "How much did you pay out on the claim when I dented that car back in February?"

BLOOD SUCKER: Hold please.........."Sir we paid out $77,000."

ME::Yikes: YOU HAVE TO BE SHIATING ME...FOR A FREAKING HUNDAI !!

BLOOD SUCKER: It does seem a little bit odd, doesn't it?

ME: GD right that dent could not have cost more than $300 to pop out !

BLOOD SUCKER: Perhaps we had better look into that.

ME: UH YEA, Oh BTW I WILL NOT PAY $2500 a year to insure a truck and a motorcycle.

BLOOD SUCKER: We will look into it and call you back on Monday.

So I will probably be looking into a new insurance company come Monday. in the meantime, I would like to send out a big huge GFY to all those morons out there who think that the roads around here are the freaking 3 ticket bumper car ride at the county fair and smash each others cars on a daily basis. I would also like to extent a hearty GFY to all those trial lawyers out there who chase ambulances and get goober a big fat settlement so he could go buy the 60 inch plasma TV at BJ's because because he claimed his neck hurt after getting whacked trying to swerve traffic on 235 or talk on his/her cell phone while gobbling a freaking whopper and digging for a CD under the seat.

Not to be left out the blood sucking vampires who we are forced to buy products from the Insurance companies :biteme:. Being the anal wretch I am I know I have paid out over $33,000 in insurance over the last 24 years and I have a grand total of about $3,000 claims (not counting the $77,000 Hundia dent). This includes windshields, paint due to vandalism and theft.

LESSON LEARNED: Screw honesty, if you back into someones car and no one sees you run like a criminal, DO NOT LEAVE A NOTE OR CALL THE BLOOD SUCKING VILLIANS at your insurance company.
I hate insurance companies right now. They wouldn't put my son on my life policy because he was born 5 weeks early. wtf. The least they could do was add him to my policy and charge me an arm and a leg for it. :tantrum