Internet Dating

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She married me...

...because I explain pop music lyrics to her.

That, and I'm the "Magic Man".

You see, Honey, 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' is all about..."

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: She married me...

Originally posted by Larry Gude

:roflmao:

JackieY

Re: She married me...

Originally posted by Larry Gude

:killingme :killingme Larry, if Vrai didn't get that one^ , I don't know what to tell ya..

(you guys are killing me today.:razz2: )

Lucy

Originally posted by Pete
I tried it several years ago, what a bust. I even went to the pay for service site (before yahoo went pay) thinking they were more legit, wrong. They lied to the point it made me laugh.

True story; I answered an add that had a pic. Corresponded for a few days swapped pics then arranged to meet. When we met I did not recognize her, she walked right up to me. When I looked really close I saw a remote resemblance to the pic on the add and the ones she sent me + about 225lbs. Well being the nice guy I am I resisted the urge to run away screaming and stayed and was pleasant despite being decieved. Half way through dinner I remarked how much differently she looked from her pictures. She replied, (and this is the truth) "Oh, well those pictures are 10 years old, I don't like recent ones because they make me look fat." The urge to pour my beer on her head and walk out was strong, I resisted and went home never to answer another personal add.

Hmm, perhaps you suffer from Obesophobia or perhaps Cacophobia.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Lucy
Hmm, perhaps you suffer from Obesophobia or perhaps Cacophobia.

Nope, I never said I was afraid just not happy about being decieved. BTW your diagnosis of Obesophobia was incorrect, obesophobia is the fear of gaining weight not the fear of obese people.

Lucy

Originally posted by Pete
Nope, I never said I was afraid just not happy about being decieved. BTW your diagnosis of Obesophobia was incorrect, obesophobia is the fear of gaining weight not the fear of obese people.

When we fear for ourselves, we fear those same traits in others.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by Kain99
Let's face it... Internet Dating and Love Affairs are a joke! Who in their right mind even goes this route?? :roflmao:
ahem... A brief and true story about "internet dating and love affairs."

Kathy wasn't looking. I wasn't looking. We weren't in chat or on dating sites or anything of the like. She read my profile after reading something I'd posted on a message board, saw something intriguing, and sent me an email. I wrote back.

We corresponded for several months before anything romantic began to bud. I acknowledged what was happening only grudgingly and fought it for a long time, mainly because we lived 2,600 miles apart. After a couple more months, we met in CA. A couple of months after that, I flew out here to visit. And five months after that, having admitted we were in love and wanted to be with each other for the rest of our lives, Kathy flew back out to CA "to get me." We sent all my furniture ahead in a freight truck, put the two cats in the back of the Tercel, and drove across the country to make our life together out here.

So...

Originally posted by Jimbo
Is it just me, am I doing something wrong, or does the whole "internet dating' thing just SUCK ?!?!? . . . . I mean, I can't be the ONLY single, beautiful :silly: intelligent person out here (Not being vain or anything... ) :neener:
Nope, you're not the only one. It didn't happen for us by actively looking, and the fact that it happened over the internet is a total fluke. But we did meet. And we find we're perfect for one another, and we've committed to each other for life.

I hope you find your perfect one, Jimbo. I never thought I would, and if it weren't for the internet, I probably wouldn't have.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
PSA...

...if you're gonna advertise;

Know what you want and look for it.

Know who you are and present it.

That's the real beauty of the 'net, you get to start getting to know if they are what you are looking for (and they you) BEFORE you start investing real time in it.

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
Thanks...

.. Thanks. I know it will happen when its time, where and whenever that may be.. I'm just impatient.

titian29

he is a wonderful man who lives in maryland in fact we met on the internet and clicked we have been together over a year now and we even live 3 hours apart how muck more do you want to know ?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by titian29
what is that goofy smiley for
This is goofy --------->:silly: (or silly)
I was rolling my eyes :rolleyes: at the titans rule comment...
But you knew that already.....