Is 14 too young...

Should a 14 yr old ever be tried as an adult?

• Total voters

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
She's a CHILD. Go talk to some 14-year-olds and then tell me they aren't children that just happen to be as tall as adults. She absolutely needs to be punished for her crime. But a 14-year-old murderer has a far greater likelihood of rehabilitation than an adult murderer. We should do our best to help troubled children like her see the error of their ways, accept their punishment, and then become a productive member of society one day. "Frying" the kid serves little purpose other than to feed the bloodlust of the lawful.

...far greater likelihood???!!!....bloodlust!!??

Give it a rest.

Maybe the judge will have compassion for this woman. I certainly do not.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Ever notice no two people have the same last name?

With a name like Arteesha you just know she's of the protected minority persuasion.

had an explosive temper and was prone to uncontrollable outbursts.

And it was a family enterprise deal.

Holt's 18-year-old brother, Shawn Palmer, has been charged with being an accomplice to murder. Police say he helped Holt escape and took her silver .32-caliber revolver.
so maybe the suggestion that the parents get the juice wasn't too far off base.

Attachments

• ARTEESHA HOLT 275.jpg
    ARTEESHA HOLT 275.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 76

jetmonkey

She's a CHILD. Go talk to some 14-year-olds and then tell me they aren't children that just happen to be as tall as adults. She absolutely needs to be punished for her crime. But a 14-year-old murderer has a far greater likelihood of rehabilitation than an adult murderer. We should do our best to help troubled children like her see the error of their ways, accept their punishment, and then become a productive member of society one day. "Frying" the kid serves little purpose other than to feed the bloodlust of the lawful.

lulz

itsbob

I bowl overhand
WEll now don't laugh.

You see, by rehab, she means you kill someone at a young age, you get a private tutor at a Juvenile detention facility, and of course visiting college profressors to ensure she gets an education. So when she gets released from Juvenile detention at the age of 21 she can land a 50K a year job just like nothing ever happened.(Oh and the job will have to be guaranteed by some gov't grant)

All the while the good kid that did nothing wrong has to work their tail off, go in debt out their ass, or go find a job to make ends meet month to month.

So what she meant by rehab was, "Murder somebody as a juvenile and get rewarded!", setting the precedent for more juvenile murders.

BUT in the end the program will have great success if 10% or so of Juvenile Murderers aren't repeat murderers..

See, it ALL makes sense... we should send 50% of our paychecks for such a winning idea like this.