Is Redskins season over already?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
After winning the April Super Bowl, yet again, Redskins camp needs to be;

Exciting on defense because that was the off season focus

Improved at WR because that's been weak for years and the two rookies have to step up

Solid if not spectacular at QB

Well, so far, what we hear is;

Haynesworth has missed two practices with a knee issue. If he's hurt, there goes the defense which would then be exactly as it was last year, old guys and all, plus a rookie who they don't know if they want at LB or DE. If you're considering a DE at LB, you've got a tweener; too big for LB, not big enough for DE.

There is mixed news at WR when it should be 100% good stuff.

And there is the same old same old about Jason. Simply not sharp or in command.

At this point, the one bright spot is the O line is healthy and has depth. Even that isn't all good as they seem to be well behind the D line.

:banghead:

angelbaby

Improved at WR because that's been weak for years and the two rookies have to step up

Haynesworth has missed two practices with a knee issue. If he's hurt, there goes the defense which would then be exactly as it was last year, old guys and all, plus a rookie who they don't know if they want at LB or DE. If you're considering a DE at LB, you've got a tweener; too big for LB, not big enough for DE.

At this point, the one bright spot is the O line is healthy and has depth. Even that isn't all good as they seem to be well behind the D line.

:howdy: I was at training camp yesterday. With the exception of the O-line, everyone looked great. Jason looked more in command and his release is alot quicker. The receivers were catching everything thrown at them. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Yoder, and both the rookies Thomas and Kelly all looked in great shape. There was a receiver prospect named Keith Eloi out there and he was really good. He made some pretty impressive catches. Now to the defense, they were by far better than the O-line. They scrimmaged each other briefly at practice and the O-line showed their weaknesses. (The fans really let them know it too! They got booed and they didnt like it one bit.) Horton showed he is still a stand out by getting an interception.

Two really funny things that happened. Zorn did his QB drill where he throws pads at the backs while they are throwing the ball. Hilarious!:lol: He knocked Jason down once and we had to laugh.
The second was watching Colt Brennan having to play on the "defense" and cover the receivers. We now know why he is a QB. :lol:

Here's some of the pics I took...

Attachments

• redskinstrainingcamp033.jpg
    redskinstrainingcamp033.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
  • redskinstrainingcamp017.jpg
    redskinstrainingcamp017.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 61
  • redskinstrainingcamp018.jpg
    redskinstrainingcamp018.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 57
  • redskinstrainingcamp019.jpg
    redskinstrainingcamp019.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 54
  • redskinstrainingcamp029.jpg
    redskinstrainingcamp029.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 61

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:howdy: I was at training camp yesterday. With the exception of the O-line, everyone looked great. Jason looked more in command and his release is alot quicker. The receivers were catching everything thrown at them. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Yoder, and both the rookies Thomas and Kelly all looked in great shape. There was a receiver prospect named Keith Eloi out there and he was really good. He made some pretty impressive catches. Now to the defense, they were by far better than the O-line. They scrimmaged each other briefly at practice and the O-line showed their weaknesses. (The fans really let them know it too! They got booed and they didnt like it one bit.) Horton showed he is still a stand out by getting an interception.

Two really funny things that happened. Zorn did his QB drill where he throws pads at the backs while they are throwing the ball. Hilarious!:lol: He knocked Jason down once and we had to laugh.
The second was watching Colt Brennan having to play on the "defense" and cover the receivers. We now know why he is a QB. :lol:

Here's some of the pics I took...

Thanks! I needed that. :lol: :buddies:

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE

:yahoo::yahoo::dye::thewave: got to love it.... LOL go COWBOYS!!

Zguy28

Haynesworth has had this particular "injury" since 2005. If it was game day they said he would play and be fine. Why potentially aggravate something needlessly?

I'm hearing nothing but good stuff about Orakpo.

I have to admit I haven't been following the WR corps much.
I've heard the opposite. Apparently he has taken charge in the off-season and was calling the WR's to come practice with him. He's starting to lead them now. He's definitely not a born leader, but that doesn't mean he can't learn to be one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Haynesworth has had this particular "injury" since 2005. If it was game day they said he would play and be fine. Why potentially aggravate something needlessly?

I'm hearing nothing but good stuff about Orakpo.

I have to admit I haven't been following the WR corps much.
I've heard the opposite. Apparently he has taken charge in the off-season and was calling the WR's to come practice with him. He's starting to lead them now. He's definitely not a born leader, but that doesn't mean he can't learn to be one.

Thank you. I need positive reinforcement! :lol:

:buddies:

Last I heard Snyder was the still the owner. End of story.
:yeahthat:

I follow the O's because I have always liked them, but I will not pay to see a game until Angelos is dead or no longer the owner.

I follow the Skins because I have always liked them, but I will not pay to see a game until Snyder is no longer the owner.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:yeahthat:

I follow the O's because I have always liked them, but I will not pay to see a game until Angelos is dead or no longer the owner.

I follow the Skins because I have always liked them, but I will not pay to see a game until Snyder is no longer the owner.

My sediments exactly except I just can't give up on the Skins.

Albert Bell and letting Davey go were the last straws for Angelo's.

:buddies: