Issue #5, you're ID...

No national ID...

• The hell you say...there HAS to be. The sooner the better

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • I don't want anyone to know who I am signed Valerie Plame

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • ...anything to help people find themselves already.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm wondering.....

I renewed my drivers license today. It took less than ten minutes - photo, eye exam, verify info, pay, print.

I renewed my base ID yesterday. Less than 5 minutes.

I've been trying for a frickin week to renew my "national ID" (CAC). Fill out this form. Beg people to sign it. Send the form along. Get on a web site. Wait for approval. Get the email. It says "Go to any site and get your card." So I went to the site today. After 30 minutes in line, they tell me "You need an appointment". I said that I got an email that said that all I needed to do was show up. The two idiots working the pass office look at each other, and the guy tells me "yeah, but they ain't got the right infomation on they email."

Maybe state ID is the better way to go? The state government actually functions better than the feds do. My state tax refund arrived in less than 72 hours. Fed took two weeks.

The framers of the constitution envisioned autonomous states, united under a federal government. I still agree with the concept. Why not have a minimum federal standard for ID cards, but the actual administration and isssuance of the cards handled by the states?