It Must Fail! Do Not Take Your Children

punjabigyrl

I lik the special effects. My question is how is you tot going to know its anti releigion when they are sooo into the special effects unless you tell them. I told both my kids girl 11 and boy 6 about the movie and we will be watching it for pure entertainment.

Solja_Boy

I lik the special effects. My question is how is you tot going to know its anti releigion when they are sooo into the special effects unless you tell them. I told both my kids girl 11 and boy 6 about the movie and we will be watching it for pure entertainment.

Exactly. Most little kids could care less about any religous message in the movie. The just like watching this fantacy world and the cool effects.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Hmm so Muslims getting upset that a teddy bear is named Mohamed/Muhamed is just crazy.

But this is a "normal" reaction?

Next Christians will be upset about the Harry Potter Books/Movies and Dan Browns Book/Movie

oh wait
Heard a priest get up in front of the congregation...he'd heard the hoopla about DaVinci Code and someone had asked his opinion. His answer, "haven't seen it." So, he went to the movie because he is an educated adult capable of forming his own opinions and wasn't going to judge something he had no first hand knowledge of because of a bunch of reactionary, alarmist types. (imagine that)

So, he goes to the movie and gives a sermon the next Sunday...the moral of the sermon...

It's FICTION people, get over it! :rolleyes:

terbear1225

Oh shadup, there is a direct correlation between Religious Kooks getting all bent out of shape because of some percieved Slight.

What you are ATTEMPTING to compare is the difference in a Theologic society, which we are not.

If your going to compare apples to apples, where in the US were people jailed for the Mohamed Cartoons? Where in the US were people jailed for the Teddy Bear incident? Or as more likely the Muslims in the US Reacted the EXACT same way Christians in the US acted when they percieve a slight.

If its bad for the Muslims to have a reaction because someone made a cartoon of Mohamed, or broke a covenent of their belief (Calling the teddy bear Mohamed created an idol). Then its equally bad for a Christian to get upset that someone created a Virgin Mary out of Dung, or wrote a book that could be percieved as anti-Christian (more idiocy, if anything he was Anti-Religious).

Do you expect us to believe Christians wouldnt have acted violently if they thought they could get away with it, or have it justified by their beliefs? Cuz if so i have a few Eric Rudolphs to discuss with you (that would be examples of Christians who commited some crime that they felt was justified).

Your inability to understand basic concepts is amazing, but you go ahead with your bull####

so you see no difference between this:

KHARTOUM, Sudan - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, protested Friday outside the presidential palace in Khartoum, demanding the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear Muhammad.

The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pick-up trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation.

They massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the palace, for about an hour, while hundreds of riot police deployed nearby to keep control, though they did not attempt to disrupt the rally. "Shame, shame on the U.K.," protesters chanted.

and boycotting a movie? personally I see a HUGE difference between being so upset that you want someone killed and being upset enough to say "don't go pay money to watch this movie?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Exactly. Most little kids could care less about any religous message in the movie. The just like watching this fantacy world and the cool effects.

See, I'm curious about that as well. The kooks went nutty over the subliminal sex stuff in Disney movies, but my kids (not to mention me) didn't even notice that stuff. I never get socio-political messages out of movies - I just watch them for pure entertainment value. So I doubt some little kid is going to start hating God because some movie obliquely tells them to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The professed outrage is the same, the only difference is one is a Theological Country (based on Religion) and one isnt.

Both are reactions by believers to a percieved slight against their belief.

Welcome to America, where we enjoy free speech and can boycott whatever we want. We aren't allowed to kill people, nor do we jail them for different beliefs. However, we ARE allowed to protest that which we find offensive and encourage others to do the same.

Please enjoy your stay in our country and at least make an attempt to learn our language.

:durhard:

W

wkndbeacher

See, I'm curious about that as well. The kooks went nutty over the subliminal sex stuff in Disney movies, but my kids (not to mention me) didn't even notice that stuff. I never get socio-political messages out of movies - I just watch them for pure entertainment value. So I doubt some little kid is going to start hating God because some movie obliquely tells them to.

Ive read and watched the Narnia series thus far and didnt know it had anything to do with religion until stumbling onto this room.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ive read and watched the Narnia series thus far and didnt know it had anything to do with religion until stumbling onto this room.

Good, then I'm not so dumb after all, because I didn't realize it had anything to do with religion, either. :lol:

vbailey

vbailey
I don't plan to see the movie, just because I'd rather see National Treasure. We don't go to the movies much because it cost so much. But we may go as a family to see National Treasure as part of a family Christmas specail thing to do. Only about once a year we go to the movies the rest of the time we wait for the DVD to come out and have a movie night at home.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
explain how the Outrage someone feels about a movie based on a book, is any different than the Outrage someone feels about a less than ideal treatment of their Omnipotent Being.

It's not the outrage; it's what they do about it and how they protest it.

We are talking about the outrage that is expressed not the means used to express that outrage, since the Society in the Sudan is not comparable to the Society in the United States. (thats why your comparison is not valid).
Re-read your posts, please. Here - I'll refresh your memory:

Hmm so Muslims getting upset that a teddy bear is named Mohamed/Muhamed is just crazy.

But this is a "normal" reaction?
Getting upset over a teddy bear name is one thing - jailing someone over it is crazy.

Would Christians be upset that a teddy bear was named Jesus? Highly doubtful.

Would the few that might be offended demand that a teacher be jailed because of it? EXTREMELY doubtful.

You give atheists a bad name and make us all look retarded, so I wish you would shut up.

vbailey

vbailey
You don't have to know the Bible in depth to get it... it's really very obvious as the series unfolds.

My family really enjoyed the Narnia movie, we did go see it as our Christmas going to the movies specail thing that year. Even my young son saw parts of the bible in the movie. You are right, even if you know only a little of the bible you can see how some things compare.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

So the Lion that shows up when needed, sacrifices himself for others, and rises from the dead gave you no clue whatsoever?? :eyebrow: