It's a girl

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I saw her outside with her Mom, at about 430-500! :yahoo:

Yeah we watched her on the monitor all night to make sure she was nursing fine..then I put them out this morning the baby had a great time...getting ready to put them in for the night now..

devinej

here's another pic, maybe you can see her cool markings in this one

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 129
Here she is at 9 hours old

Aww, I really like that last picture. Soooo, I don't know anything about horses but my God...how in the heck does that thing come outta there?! :faint: That little thing has looooong legs and a big 'ol head and I just can't imagine it being born :eek:uchouchouch:

here's another pic, maybe you can see her cool markings in this one

Looks like cow markings...well, but tan :lol:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Paso, besides the white marking does she have black skin? What color are her eyes? Are you sure daddy wasn't a champange instead?

So cute!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Paso, besides the white marking does she have black skin? What color are her eyes? Are you sure daddy wasn't a champange instead?

So cute!

daddy is a perlino out of a champagne mare...the babys (under tail) was pink now it is a lavender colored skin...eyes are blue at the bottom and gray/amber at the top..I no kid you 2 colors on each eye and one is blue blue at the bottom NO black skin that I can see..some lavender showing up at the lip area too..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
daddy is a perlino out of a champagne mare...the babys (under tail) was pink now it is a lavender colored skin...eyes are blue at the bottom and gray/amber at the top..I no kid you 2 colors on each eye and one is blue blue at the bottom NO black skin that I can see..some lavender showing up at the lip area too..

Then, daddy isn't a Perlino...he's an Amber Cream. If present, the champagne gene is expressed regardless of whether the horse is heterozygous or homozygous. A Perlino is a bay with two copies of a cream gene. A bay based horse with one copy of the creme gene and a champagne gene is an Amber Cream.

Either way, her eyes sound AWESOME and she is super cute! How big is she? If I remember correctly mama is a big girl? Congrats Granny Paso. :yahoo:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Then, daddy isn't a Perlino...he's an Amber Cream. If present, the champagne gene is expressed regardless of whether the horse is heterozygous or homozygous. A Perlino is a bay with two copies of a cream gene. A bay based horse with one copy of the creme gene and a champagne gene is an Amber Cream.

Either way, her eyes sound AWESOME and she is super cute! How big is she? If I remember correctly mama is a big girl? Congrats Granny Paso. :yahoo:

Dam is 16.3 sire is big too..you need to come see her...what about the lavender vulva?? was pink...odd ha? she has a huge cannon bone ask Devine..and her neck is about 12 inches from the ground when she tries to put her nose down..she is all legs..we call her Barbie..all legs and good looks.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Haha, that's great. Are you busy on Monday? I'm working from 1-3 but I'm off the rest ofthe day. Would love to come take some pictures of the cutie!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Haha, that's great. Are you busy on Monday? I'm working from 1-3 but I'm off the rest ofthe day. Would love to come take some pictures of the cutie!

John and I will be in Pa will be home Tues PM...Wed on would be great...We are just so tickled with her looks she is the cutest walker I have seen lol

T

toppick08

John and I will be in Pa will be home Tues PM...Wed on would be great...We are just so tickled with her looks she is the cutest walker I have seen lol

Can my puppy herd your llamas while your gone......:coffee:..??

:lol:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Dam is 16.3 sire is big too..you need to come see her...what about the lavender vulva?? was pink...odd ha? she has a huge cannon bone ask Devine..and her neck is about 12 inches from the ground when she tries to put her nose down..she is all legs..we call her Barbie..all legs and good looks.

Phyxis may be right lavender color skin is common with champagne gene.
However, way too many variables too know for sure.

"daddy is a perlino out of a champagne mare..." Interesting! What color was his sire?

Do you know if her sire or the grand sire and dam on her sire’s side had any color dna testing done?

Some common characteristics of a champagne horse are: pink skin, dark freckles especially around the eyes and on the muzzle, a shiny coat that is often slightly darker in the winter and eye color that will go through a number of color changes starting blue and evolving to a hazel or amber color.

So she might carry champagne, given your description of her eye color. However, Overos can have blue eyes or parti blue eyes also.

You probably really won't know until she sheds her foal coat or you get color dna testing done.

Do you plan to register her?

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies

Here is who we go through to get color dna testing done.

Horse Tests

They do an awsome job and are very quick with the results.
Their reports are also presented very nicely.

If you plan to register her, it might be worth it to get the results of her exact color dna.
You might be delightfully surprised.

:starcat:

Last edited: