It's Necessary?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's Mila!

She is pretty without makeup but nothing spectacular. With makeup, she becomes gorgeous. So yes, if you want to be spectacular rather than ho-hum, you must put some effort into it.

Attachments

• mila.jpg
    mila.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I can't speak for most men, just myself. I prefer the natural look. I do spend a lot of time in campgrounds. For me nothing better than a fit gal with a flannel shirt, jeans and hiking boots.

But please don't forgo the razor! TY

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As for the butt-ugly physicist, you have a point, because butt-ugly is, well, butt-ugly. Lots of guys are butt-ugly, too, and get the same lack of interest.

Nyet. I give you Henry Kissinger and Tom Petty as merely two examples of butt ugly men who score the hot babes. Donald Trump also comes to mind.

Women are not programmed toward pretty boys - we are programmed toward a good provider and protector. Which is not to say there aren't women who'll play sugar mama to some starving actor, but it's a lot rarer than rich powerful men with their trophy wives.

Monello

PREMO Member
Women are not programmed toward pretty boys - we are programmed toward a good provider and protector.

:bs:

How many women today will lay down with some POS guy with no job and no possible way to provide for her or his offspring? If the stories I read about women with 6 kids by 5 different guys are any indication, I'd say a lot. But those same girls decline dates with stable guys since they aren't as edgy as the bad boys.

There are lots of gold diggers out there. It's tit for tat, pay for play for them. Lots of gals looking for a 'financially secure'(code for buy me what I want) man.

Reminds me of this ditz:
What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25-year-old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I’m not from New York. I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least [a] half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a businessman who makes average around 200 – 250K. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000K won’t get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the Upper East Side so plain? I’ve seen really “plain Jane” boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the East Village. What’s the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows — lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults — I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them — in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

Freakonomics » The Economics of Gold-Digging

Last edited:

Monello

PREMO Member
And the classic reply to the previous post:
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said, here’s how I see it:

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party, and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub — your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity … in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms, you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain: you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35, stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold … hence the rub … marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following: if my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe, if you are as gorgeous as you say you are, that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout. By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.” I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, how can you call BS and then post an article that confirms exactly what I said?

How many women today will lay down with some POS guy with no job and no possible way to provide for her or his offspring?
Because even his sorry ass is better than what she has.

And the classic reply to the previous post:
See, and in real life they'd make the deal. Then when she starts getting older and less attractive, he'll pay her a divorce settlement and move on to a younger model.

MMM_donuts

I would also like to add that no two women are the same and stereotypes are getting even harder to defend anymore.

The views of any one woman will not necessarily represent another, or not even most. Use it as a guide to help yourself understand the behavior of similar women - do not try an apply it to everything you see.

Not because women are sooooooo hard to understand, just different from one another.

That'd be like trying to pick one man to represent them all.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Here's Mila!

She is pretty without makeup but nothing spectacular. With makeup, she becomes gorgeous. So yes, if you want to be spectacular rather than ho-hum, you must put some effort into it.

If only all the other ugly women had access to a 250k a year make up artisy..

Monello

PREMO Member
Okay, how can you call BS and then post an article that confirms exactly what I said?.

To me there is a difference in seeking out someone to love that can provide you with the things you need, compared to the gold digger that only sees $$$$$$$$$s.

RPMDAD

Personally, i am more for the natural look. I don't think women need to use make up unless they want to. JMHO

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
I can't speak for most men, just myself. I prefer the natural look. I do spend a lot of time in campgrounds. For me nothing better than a fit gal with a flannel shirt, jeans and hiking boots.

But please don't forgo the razor! TY

You like a man with a vajayyay.

Monello

PREMO Member

Attachments

• mid-western-girls-flannel1.jpg
    mid-western-girls-flannel1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 166
  • stock-photo-beautiful-asian-model-posing-in-red-flannel-shirt-bra-and-cut-off-denim-jeans-in-ora.jpg
    stock-photo-beautiful-asian-model-posing-in-red-flannel-shirt-bra-and-cut-off-denim-jeans-in-ora.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 161
  • bb-flannel.jpg
    bb-flannel.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 169

mamatutu

mama to two
I "like" this whole thread. It is hypocritical and hysterical at the same time. It is obvious that women rule! :killingme