It's nice to be...

luvmygdaughters

Off at noon tomorrow, husband has a medical procedure scheduled for Tuesday the 28th that I have to take him to, so wont be back in the office until Wednesday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. I've got to get up at 0400 here to catch my flight back to Balmer...another 2+ hours drive to get to the island. But will definitely be good to be home for the weekend. SGI already buggered off ...but of course he did. :ohwell:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
another 2+ hours drive to get to the island
I like being a bit distant from the major airports, but like you, I hate the ride down after a long flight.

Used to make that drive up and back to our Bal'more office 2-3 times a week. It gets real old real fast.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My office view for the last week wasn't all bad though....running trials right in front of Navy Row in SD is interesting.

IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Same. I had concerns about being able to live on my retired income, especially since I retired early so some benefits were reduced, but it turns out those fears were not justified. I have a higher income now than when I was working. It's been 10 years of happy happy, joy, joy.

Yep, income is better for sure when you factor in not paying SS, mandatory retirement, gas, clothes, etc. I have learned to adjust, and it didn't take long. I love being in the "check of the month" club. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Same. I had concerns about being able to live on my retired income, especially since I retired early so some benefits were reduced, but it turns out those fears were not justified. I have a higher income now than when I was working. It's been 10 years of happy happy, joy, joy.
Yep, income is better for sure when you factor in not paying SS, mandatory retirement, gas, clothes, etc. I have learned to adjust, and it didn't take long. I love being in the "check of the month" club. :wink:
What do you guys do for medical insurance?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Medicare primary, company retirement benefit insurance plan BC/BS secondary. I chose a high deductible plan, costs about $60/mo right now, goes up a small amount yearly.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My Mrs. works on base, so she has GEHA/UHC for our primary medical insurance. My secondary is Medicare.
She just turned 65, so have to get her to set up her Medicare account.
She's also a 70% rated disabled vet, so primary care is through the VA for her.

stgislander

PREMO Member
. I've got to get up at 0400 here to catch my flight back to Balmer...another 2+ hours drive to get to the island. But will definitely be good to be home for the weekend. SGI already buggered off ...but of course he did. :ohwell:
Worked my butt off yesterday turning a 1/2 acre hay field back into lawn. Still not finished.