It's nice

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
having a woman around for the occassional weekend. They teach you stuff. So far, I've learned quite a bit about laundry:

1. Two articles of clothing does not constitute a "large" load on a super high capacity washer.

2. Not everything requires large amounts of soap, nor does everything require being washed on the super, ultra clean setting.

3. Rather than getting mad everytime you have to replace that shower liner because "mildew resistant" does not mean "mildew proof" as well as recalling your lesson about how vinyl responds to bleach, you really can put in the washing machine. BTW, the super, ultra clean setting on your washer is reserved for this, stained baby clothes, and motor oil-soaked, or mud coated jeans . Blame the manufacturer for incorrectly marking the setting.

So... guys... what have you learned?

Chain729 said:
having a woman around for the occassional weekend. They teach you stuff. So far, I've learned quite a bit about laundry:

1. Two articles of clothing does not constitute a "large" load on a super high capacity washer.

2. Not everything requires large amounts of soap, nor does everything require being washed on the super, ultra clean setting.

3. Rather than getting mad everytime you have to replace that shower liner because "mildew resistant" does not mean "mildew proof" as well as recalling your lesson about how vinyl responds to bleach, you really can put in the washing machine. BTW, the super, ultra clean setting on your washer is reserved for this, stained baby clothes, and motor oil-soaked, or mud coated jeans . Blame the manufacturer for incorrectly marking the setting.

So... guys... what have you learned?

That I'm not as desperate as you!!! How long have you been doing your own laundry??

Chain729

GWguy said:
That I'm not as desperate as you!!! How long have you been doing your own laundry??

This latest round? Since February. Before that it had been about a year and a half or so since I had to do it on a regular basis. I'm not very good with simple things and usually I'm too worried about other things to pay much attention to what my washer does on "X" setting, unless, of course, it eats something or something doesn't get clean enough.

Chain729 said:
This latest round? Since February. Before that it had been about a year and a half or so since I had to do it on a regular basis. I'm not very good with simple things and usually I'm too worried about other things to pay much attention to what my washer does on "X" setting, unless, of course, it eats something or something doesn't get clean enough.

Aw, just bustin' on ya. I've been doing my own since summer of 2001.... got that machine down to a science. If it goes in and comes back out, it was a successful mission.

Chain729

GWguy said:
Aw, just bustin' on ya. I've been doing my own since summer of 2001.... got that machine down to a science. If it goes in and comes back out, it was a successful mission.

:lmao: Though when her grandma gets her and all her clothes are stained, she gets after "daddy."

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
1. I learned I like it when they tell me "DON'T WASH MY CLOTHES ANYMORE!" After pulling out their favorite, previously white shirt I just washed with 3 pairs of brand new jeans.

2. Throwing the laundry basket in the bedroom corner full of clothes that just came out of the dryer is not considered putting the clothes away.

3. When doing dishes, Rinsing a drinking glass and putting it in the drainer does not constitute being clean.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I always use the same amount of detergent (filled almost to the top of the cap) no matter how big the load is. By the time I've poured it (I'm impatient so I'm not going to do it slowly), it's at my usual level. I'm a creature of habit. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
You guys make me giggle. You can do stuff with all sorts of really heavy duty mechanical things, but when it comes to laundry......I guess it is a male/female thought process. Hell, I rode my bike last week with 16 pounds of air in the back tire. Do I EVER think to check it??? Nooooooo. But I do seperate the whites from the colored clothes, which is something hubby won't do.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BS Gal said:
You guys make me giggle. You can do stuff with all sorts of really heavy duty mechanical things, but when it comes to laundry......I guess it is a male/female thought process. Hell, I rode my bike last week with 16 pounds of air in the back tire. Do I EVER think to check it??? Nooooooo. But I do seperate the whites from the colored clothes, which is something hubby won't do.
Dustin's really good at doing laundry. Gotta love the military. :cheers:

Angel

~*~*~
Jeff said:
1. I learned I like it when they tell me "DON'T WASH MY CLOTHES ANYMORE!" After pulling out their favorite, previously white shirt I just washed with 3 pairs of brand new jeans.

2. Throwing the laundry basket in the bedroom corner full of clothes that just came out of the dryer is not considered putting the clothes away.

3. When doing dishes, Rinsing a drinking glass and putting it in the drainer does not constitute being clean.
P.S. - 4. Putting dirty clothes next to the laundry hamper instead of in the hamper will only piss your SO off. :tantrum

I feel better now. :gracefullymovinghairoutofeyesaftertantrum: :cheers:

Last edited:

Angel

~*~*~
Nickel said:
I always use the same amount of detergent (filled almost to the top of the cap) no matter how big the load is. By the time I've poured it (I'm impatient so I'm not going to do it slowly), it's at my usual level. I'm a creature of habit. :lol:
:lmao: I do the same thing.

BS Gal said:

Aw, we're not really all that bad at it, at least most of us. I separate colors, even separate permanent press from other stuff. And it's funny, Chain was talking about washing the shower curtain, I actually had mine in the wash as he said that! Haven't screwed up a load in a long long time. Although, I do not iron. Not gonna happen.... So if you see a guy with gray beard, dark hair on a GoldWing with wrinkled clothes, that would be me. :howdy:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
GWguy said:
Aw, we're not really all that bad at it, at least most of us. I separate colors, even separate permanent press from other stuff. And it's funny, Chain was talking about washing the shower curtain, I actually had mine in the wash as he said that! Haven't screwed up a load in a long long time. Although, I do not iron. Not gonna happen.... So if you see a guy with gray beard, dark hair on a GoldWing with wrinkled clothes, that would be me. :howdy:

Single Guys Ironing: Put em between the mattress and box spring. :yay:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I don't put allot of thought into my Clothes washing. But I am into Auto Detailing and the Detaling rags get the special treatment.:

1st washed with Dawn on hot
2nd wash with woolite on hot
3rd wash with Distilled White Vinegar on hot

Dry on Hot

For my clothes. Who cares. :lmao: