Jason Taylor to the Redskins...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
All in all, I don't think this is a bad deal, Taylor is 33, so he has atleast 2 good years left in him, being he is in incredible shape. Like Carter, he's built like a sum b*tch.

Hopefully he does work out, which I think he will...Being on a losing team for so long now, and being through 2-3 rebuilding stages with that team can lead you to media and all that, I think he will fit in here, being we do have a good team, it's just a matter of making sure the pie comes together and NO ONE ELSE GETS FRICKIN HURT at TC.

Smmmmooooooooooooot :banghead:

And it will also be hard to see another "Taylor" jersey out there this early :ohwell:

donbarzini

Bruce Smith was about 3 yrs older, I believe, when they picked him up.

Seen too much of Jason Taylor on the airwaves lately, nothing to do with football(Dancing with the Stars..etc)..Just have a feeling that he has left football behind, has he gone Hollywood?..Something has to be up if the skins got him for a 2nd and a 6th. Seems to me his value should be a number 1, at the least.

Hope I'm wrong.

I would tend to agree with you with one caveat. Wherever Parcells has gone, it seems as if he picks ONE name to get a case of the a$$ with. In NE it was Terry Glenn ("Oh, she's fine."). In Dallas it was "the player"(T.O.). And now in Miami it's Taylor. It's almost like Parcells has to walk into the new sandbox, find the biggest kid, and punch him in the mouth to prove he's the toughest sumb!tch on the block.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not...

Bruce Smith part deux.

...even close.

Bruce had been collecting social security checks for a couple years before he got here. Taylor made the pro bowl last year. Big difference for a lineman between 33 and 37.

This is a GREAT pick up for several reasons;

I think he's a got a great year in him. Maybe two.
He didn't cost a fortune.
He doesn't have a Superbowl. (motivated) It's not like Bruce coming here for more sacks or any number of guys coming for the HUGE payday.

Frankly, I'm stunned. This is a great deal.

puggymom

All in all, I don't think this is a bad deal, Taylor is 33, so he has atleast 2 good years left in him, being he is in incredible shape. Like Carter, he's built like a sum b*tch.

Hopefully he does work out, which I think he will...Being on a losing team for so long now, and being through 2-3 rebuilding stages with that team can lead you to media and all that, I think he will fit in here, being we do have a good team, it's just a matter of making sure the pie comes together and NO ONE ELSE GETS FRICKIN HURT at TC.

Smmmmooooooooooooot :banghead:

And it will also be hard to see another "Taylor" jersey out there this early :ohwell:

:frown::razz:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...even close.

Bruce had been collecting social security checks for a couple years before he got here. Taylor made the pro bowl last year. Big difference for a lineman between 33 and 37.

He doesn't have a Superbowl. (motivated) It's not like Bruce coming here for more sacks or any number of guys coming for the HUGE payday.

Concur... I think this pick up does improve our DL for a few reasons... He plays bigger and stronger than he is. He is a lot like Andre Carter. I think that greatly improves us on a pass rush and he makes plays on the run game as well...

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL BEETCHES!!!! (just playing)

But this is a smart pick up for us :yay:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I would tend to agree with you with one caveat. Wherever Parcells has gone, it seems as if he picks ONE name to get a case of the a$$ with. In NE it was Terry Glenn ("Oh, she's fine."). In Dallas it was "the player"(T.O.). And now in Miami it's Taylor. It's almost like Parcells has to walk into the new sandbox, find the biggest kid, and punch him in the mouth to prove he's the toughest sumb!tch on the block.

Agreed.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...even close.

Oh, I agree with everything you've said. I was merely echoing what some elsewhere (you know where I mean:lol:) were thinking.

The sky is falling! We gave up our 2nd round pick next year and that was gonna' push us over the edge into the Super Bowl.

I get that the Skins haven't been saavy in picking the right players in years past. I just don't think this is one of those and neither does most of the media this time either. This was a necessary reaction after the events of yesterday. Oddly enough, the two injuries we sustained made our team better.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Concur... I think this pick up does improve our DL for a few reasons... He plays bigger and stronger than he is. He is a lot like Andre Carter. I think that greatly improves us on a pass rush and he makes plays on the run game as well...

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL BEETCHES!!!! (just playing)

But this is a smart pick up for us :yay:
Just think, Taylor will assuredly draw the double team which takes that double team off Andre Carter. Taylor is also versatile enough to play linebacker.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Oh, I agree with everything you've said. I was merely echoing what some elsewhere (you know where I mean:lol:) were thinking.

The sky is falling! We gave up our 2nd round pick next year and that was gonna' push us over the edge into the Super Bowl.

I get that the Skins haven't been saavy in picking the right players in years past. I just don't think this is one of those and neither does most of the media this time either. This was a necessary reaction after the events of yesterday. Oddly enough, the two injuries we sustained made our team better.

...they have got some good ones, as well. It's just that the busts have been so dramatic.

I don't know that Taylor makes us better than an experienced, been here, motivated Daniels.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If...

Just think, Taylor will assuredly draw the double team which takes that double team off Andre Carter. Taylor is also versatile enough to play linebacker.

...Griffin and Montgomery and Golston have good, solid years, this could be very nice. If our middle is still not so good, the ends are gonna get run over.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...they have got some good ones, as well. It's just that the busts have been so dramatic.

I don't know that Taylor makes us better than an experienced, been here, motivated Daniels.
I can agree with you if it's in terms of chemistry or team leadership because that is unknown as of yet. As far as production...

...tackles, solo's, sacks, fumbles, interceptions, and speed I gotta' say that we're better with Taylor.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

I don't know about that, being Carter does have a little size advantage, he does require a lot of attention himself with his speed. I honestly think you will see more RB's staying into block rather than get out for that dump off.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

I can agree with you if it's in terms of chemistry or team leadership because that is unknown as of yet. As far as production...

...tackles, solo's, sacks, fumbles, interceptions, and speed I gotta' say that we're better with Taylor.

...sure, if we're drafting here or choosing up sides or fantasy, for sure, Taylor is clearly the better player. I'm just saying in terms of, as you noted, chemistry, the guys working and lifting and setting goals together, knowing each other, etc.

I'm happy to get him after such a tough loss, but, if I had a choice, things the way they were a couple days ago would be my preference. This is about as good a second option as could be hoped for.

:buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I don't know about that, being Carter does have a little size advantage, he does require a lot of attention himself with his speed. I honestly think you will see more RB's staying into block rather than get out for that dump off.
Eiher way, one or the other will have to be double-teamed. Taylor has been doubled most of his career and still puts up good numbers. Dare they put a single tackle on each?:evil:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Again...

Eiher way, one or the other will have to be double-teamed. Taylor has been doubled most of his career and still puts up good numbers. Dare they put a single tackle on each?:evil:

...if the tackles can't clog the middle and get some push, Carter and Taylor will get run at until they have cleat marks on their faces.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just in case anyone cares. Jason Taylor picked #55. Andre Carter keeps his #99. Taylor said he wanted a fresh start and wanted to leave #99 in Miami.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Just in case anyone cares. Jason Taylor picked #55. Andre Carter keeps his #99. Taylor said he wanted a fresh start and wanted to leave #99 in Miami.

Watching Skins nation yesterday, and heard the Z man say don't be TOO surprised if you see JT playing some Linebacka :duel:

He was wore 55 in the Senior Bowl or something like that....