Jealousy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you are dating someone and they indicate interest in someone else - not just random, but genuinely getting chummy and showing attraction ("what? she's just a friend....") - how do you react?

Some folks up their game and start competing against the new interest.

Others, like me, walk away and let them have at it.

Which one are you?

AGAIN this is regarding a true romantic "threat", not a real "just friends" or the cute bartender with the bare midriff.

ZARA

I'd walk away. I don't have time for stupid games. I'm an all or nothing type of person. Give me everything or I want nothing. I have too much self confidence (ego..arrogance) to compete.

KDENISE977

Well. If you're a SMIB you get drunk and make a scene. I personally would make and ass of him and dump him.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
If you are dating someone and they indicate interest in someone else - not just random, but genuinely getting chummy and showing attraction ("what? she's just a friend....") - how do you react?

Which one are you?

AGAIN this is regarding a true romantic "threat", not a real "just friends" or the cute bartender with the bare midriff.

Couple years ago, a little more insecure then, I would've upped my game. Now...I'll walk. Don't have time or patience for that BS. There's plenty others that'd enjoy my company.

I walk away. If I have to fight for your attention or convince you that I'm the right one for you then I am obviously not. Many broken relationships I know are folks who spent years trying to convince each other they were soulmates to only eventually realize you shouldn't have to fight for it.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
“Who can compete with you if refuse to compete?”

Free Misfit wisdom :coffee:

That or sleep with his best friend....:shrug:

Last edited:
Oh, and I'd like to add that I don't believe it means that person isn't truly into you, it just means he/she isn't truly committed to a monogamous relationship with just you.

Beta

Smile!
I guess as long as it's not a misunderstanding, then walk. Sometimes guys are oblivious to the fact that they're being "overly friendly" to someone when they genuinely have no interest in anyone but their S/O. Women aren't nearly as oblivious to their actions, so that makes it easier to know what's going on. :coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'd walk away. I don't have time for stupid games. I'm an all or nothing type of person. Give me everything or I want nothing. I have too much self confidence (ego..arrogance) to compete.
:high5: Amen!
I walk away. If I have to fight for your attention or convince you that I'm the right one for you then I am obviously not. Many broken relationships I know are folks who spent years trying to convince each other they were soulmates to only eventually realize you shouldn't have to fight for it.
:clap: ITA

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Not only do I walk, but I walk away shaking my ass with a grin on my face. I don't get mad, I don't have a fit, I don't change a single thing im doing. Because I have had this happen in the last two years of dating..and I tell you what..BOTH times it didn't take more than a couple weeks to start getting contacted again. :lmao: Neither one were serious or longterm relationships, so I figured they were looking and found something they thought would be better. Good for them. Interesting how it didn't work out that way for either of them though :coffee:

Some men love a bit of competition, they WANT you to start competing. Well screw that. I have zero interest in being some sort of ego boost for someone..if they need that kind of work when you are dating..can you imagine 7 year itch time? How exhausting to have to maintain a relationship with someone who can be drawn away whenever they feel the urge for soemthing new, or they see some grass that looks a bit greener? No thanks.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

Which one are you?

I get very jealous, let the "someone" know how I feel, and walk away.

"...just a friend..." Bullhockey. :burning:

JeJeTe

Happiness
I guess as long as it's not a misunderstanding, then walk. Sometimes guys are oblivious to the fact that they're being "overly friendly" to someone when they genuinely have no interest in anyone but their S/O. Women aren't nearly as oblivious to their actions, so that makes it easier to know what's going on. :coffee:

This boggles my mind. How are guys not aware of this? Because if you aren't, I'm sure you aren't noticing the death stares your s/o is placing upon you either.

Beta

Smile!
This boggles my mind. How are guys not aware of this? Because if you aren't, I'm sure you aren't noticing the death stares your s/o is placing upon you either.

yeah actually I was going to edit my post but decided not to -- regarding the comment that it's "easier to notice" women doing this, I forgot to mention that it's only easier IF said guy isn't oblivious to that as well.

Men don't notice things. It's not intentional :coffee:

but if I see a death stare I have learned that I better stop what I'm doing :lmao:

ZARA

Dating or married? Dating - I'd walk away. Married - I'd probably go to jail. :ohwell:

I assumed it was a dating scenario.
If it happened as a married scenario...At one time I would walk away.
But today..I would take half of everything and THEN I would walk away.
I will not compete.
Now if cheating...bitch better pray she can run faster than I can spin the dial on my safe...