Jealousy

JeJeTe

Happiness
yeah actually I was going to edit my post but decided not to -- regarding the comment that it's "easier to notice" women doing this, I forgot to mention that it's only easier IF said guy isn't oblivious to that as well.

Men don't notice things. It's not intentional :coffee:

but if I see a death stare I have learned that I better stop what I'm doing :lmao:

I guess it's hard for me to concept men pouring attention on another woman that they have no interest on and if they have a s/o. Then what's the point of talking to her? :shrug:

:yay: You've been taught well.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I guess it's hard for me to concept men pouring attention on another woman that they have no interest on and if they have a s/o. Then what's the point of talking to her? :shrug:

^^THIS. This. I don't understand in this situation and in actual cheating situations. If you feel like giving that kind of attention to someone else, kindly do your s/o a favor and break up first. This applies to both men and women. If I'm in a relationship and feel like being with someone else, I need to reevaluate my relationship and consider leaving before I go exchange numbers with some "friend".

KDENISE977

I assumed it was a dating scenario.
If it happened as a married scenario...At one time I would walk away.
But today..I would take half of everything and THEN I would walk away.
I will not compete.
Now if cheating...bitch better pray she can run faster than I can spin the dial on my safe...

I love you Zara, you're my hero :huggy:

ZARA

I love you Zara, you're my hero :huggy:

:huggy: I'm just a mean ole bitch. lol

Funny part...and this still cracks me up...before my beloved and I got married I told him if he ever cheated on me I would castrate him with a shot gun. You know what he did? Not even 6 months later he went out and bought me a Mossberg 500 shotgun! So either he sealed his fate or he is beyond devoted to me. Either way...I win.

belvak

Happy Camper
If you are dating someone and they indicate interest in someone else - not just random, but genuinely getting chummy and showing attraction ("what? she's just a friend....") - how do you react?

Some folks up their game and start competing against the new interest.

Others, like me, walk away and let them have at it.

Which one are you?

AGAIN this is regarding a true romantic "threat", not a real "just friends" or the cute bartender with the bare midriff.

I would go get a slurpee, or twelve!!

J/K!!! Seriously, I would walk. If they didn't care about me enough to only want me, I wouldn't want them. And, that's a two way street.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have seen both men AND women do this, try to make their SO jealous or themselves seem more desirable by macking up some other hooch. I was just curious if this ever works, like the SO will consider it a challenge or something and start working it to regain their beloved's interest. Or if most people just walk away from that crap.

I have seen both men AND women do this, try to make their SO jealous or themselves seem more desirable by macking up some other hooch. I was just curious if this ever works, like the SO will consider it a challenge or something and start working it to regain their beloved's interest. Or if most people just walk away from that crap.

I think there are both kinds. It has to work for them with some people or else they'd always fail at their futile attempts. The walk awayers/come backers and the competers feed the beasts.

ZARA

They are the people that are on Jerry Springer and do not have lives or self esteem.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
But today..I would take half of everything and THEN I would walk away.
I will not compete.
Now if cheating...bitch better pray she can run faster than I can spin the dial on my safe...

Now see, I wouldn't have the energy for all of that. Bye, you can have him... I'm not wasting my energy on his fling or him. Oh wait... I would take the dogs... he can have the cat. :biggrin:

dontknowwhy

Maybe I shoulda walked, but instead I decided to live my life for me & just ignored her actions. It took about a year, but she realized her skanking actions didn't phase me & she left, feeling like the one unloved.

Then a co worker of hers told her she saw me buying GMR hookers for the past year during that time & now she goes & gets tested every 6 months, constantly worrying when the test will come back positive...

the ex ended up moving away and I'm still seeing the co worker :evil:

ZARA

Now see, I wouldn't have the energy for all of that. Bye, you can have him... I'm not wasting my energy on his fling or him. Oh wait... I would take the dogs... he can have the cat. :biggrin:

If I didn't love my husband I would agree with you 100%. But I do love him, very very much. And if he hurt me like that, and trust me, that kind of thing hurts deeper than anything, I would ensure he felt the same pain and I would feel slightly better.

Now there has been a few occasions when he and I have gone out and women have flirted with my husband when I wasn't beside him. I find amusing as hell to watch because he is completely oblivious to it. The woman will try to chat him up not realizing he spent most of his life on the flight line is deaf as hell. He will smile politely, continue scanning the area for me, and I can tell by the expression on his face that he can't hear wth she is saying.

After watching for a few min I will go rescue him and the look of utter relief cracks me up.

Now his jealousy streak on the other hand...have mercy. We went to Renfest and one of the vendors wanted to see what I looked like in leather. The guy grabbed me and began dressing me in about 2 seconds. I thought my husband was going to kill him. I was SO impressed and proud of my husband, he didn't say a word. (He really does not like people touching me..lmao)

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
If you are dating someone and they indicate interest in someone else - not just random, but genuinely getting chummy and showing attraction ("what? she's just a friend....") - how do you react?

Which one are you?

AGAIN this is regarding a true romantic "threat", not a real "just friends" or the cute bartender with the bare midriff.

I suppose this would include the date checking their phone during your time together to answer messages from work/clients/other interests. . .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I suppose this would include the date checking their phone during your time together to answer messages from work/clients/other interests. . .

I want to be clear:

The checking my phone wasn't to post on FB or answer texts; it was to see if a reasonable amount of time had passed so I could make my excuses and get out of there. My phone doubles as a watch, and it even shows me the weather. Pretty cool invention.

Pete

Repete

Which one are you?

What is the criteria that tips it over the line of "threat" from "just friends"?

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
What is the criteria that tips it over the line of "threat" from "just friends"?

Probably once you have spent more time with "the friend" than with your date.

edit: most likely before then^ ...but, at that point it is blatently obvious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Sneaking around is the big one. Inappropriate physical affection is another. Hanging out alone together and excluding the SO. That sort of thing.

I was more talking about an established relationship and not so much a casual dating type of thing because there are different expectations.