Jerry's Place in PF

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
OK got there around 3:30. Place was half full. Seated immediately. Jerry was running from table to table doing his thing.

Me - broiled rockfish topped with crab/lemon bearnaise sauce, applesauce with vanilla & cinnamon, stewed maters & tea.

Her - Ordered crabcake & softshell, (out of soft shell) so it became crabcake & haddock, fries, coleslaw & diet coke.

No appetizers.

The kale I'd read about here wasn't on the menu and the waitress didn't mention it but we noticed others getting it so we caught the waitress and asked to replace the fries with kale. Excellent move.

OK so everything was as awesome as described here. The crabcake is pure crab meat with no filler as the menu states. My rockfish was amazing and my friend liked it better than her haddock so we switched (we were sharing everything anyway) The stewed maters were very sweet but there were none left when we were done. The applesauce was delicious with just the right amount of vanilla & cinnamon. Coleslaw = just like mom used to make.

Ok, I saved the best for last.... that kale was absolutely the best I have ever had anywhere ever!!! Ever! ANYWHERE!! EVER!!! Seriously anywhere. The best. Somehow they infused it with the bacon and an almond flavor and an aftertaste of cayenne pepper (but not over done). :drool:

We noticed Jerry checking our plates to see if we left any food behind. HA! Like that was gonna happen! Then he brought out some crab dip on bread balls. Also delicious. He mentioned that you get free seconds on all side dishes. I should have asked for more kale... :lol:

Food takes a lil while to come out but was well worth the wait. Total was $69.40. I tipped cash so the tax man wouldn't mess with our waitress (she was very busy but took good care of us).

We left at 5:00 and there was a waiting line to get in. Told Jerry it was our 1st time there and he asked how we heard about it. I told him SOMD.com forums and he had a 5 star review here. He asked me to bring him a printout of this thread and I assured him I would. I'll definitely go back!

:brownnose......Free meal.....:whistle:

quailridge

Five of us plan on going to Jerry's for the first time on Saturday. What time do they open (couldn't find it on their website)? We plan on making it an early dinner so we won't have to wait so long. I sure am looking forward to it!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Five of us plan on going to Jerry's for the first time on Saturday. What time do they open (couldn't find it on their website)? We plan on making it an early dinner so we won't have to wait so long. I sure am looking forward to it!

I think they open at 11 but you might want to call 410-535-3242. Dinner crowd starts early...4:30 - 5.. Enjoy!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Went there yesterday for lunch....Got there about 11 and walked right in....By the time we left it was a little crowded....Food was excellent...Service was excellent....Atmosphere was great....They were painting some pictures on the walls...First time in my life I have ever ordered kale...Did and it was really good....Will go back for sure....Just wish it was a little bigger but I think that is the was Jerry wants it.....

belvak

Happy Camper
Went there yesterday for lunch....Got there about 11 and walked right in....By the time we left it was a little crowded....Food was excellent...Service was excellent....Atmosphere was great....They were painting some pictures on the walls...First time in my life I have ever ordered kale...Did and it was really good....Will go back for sure....Just wish it was a little bigger but I think that is the was Jerry wants it.....

:yay: Keep it small, personal, family-like!!! Then, he can treat each and every patron like a personal friend! I love it there!!! Hmmmm, may have to make a stop in soon!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Went there tonight for dinner....Great as usual....Still a little pricey but the atmosphere and quality of the food was well worth it....

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Does anyone know if Jerry's is closed on Mondays? Checked the website for hours & couldn't find any. Thinking of going tomorrow...