Jews vs Persians, round 2...

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Larry Gude said:
...better to under promise and over deliver.

Its okay. I was just amusing myself. :yay:

Its always nice to try and remember the history. Maybe the Arab countries figure its the odds say they have to win one eventually. They even got the first strike with the Yom Kippur War but once the Israelies got going that was it. They learned they can't just overwhelm them. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

FromTexas said:
Its okay. I was just amusing myself. :yay:

Its always nice to try and remember the history. Maybe the Arab countries figure its the odds say they have to win one eventually. They even got the first strike with the Yom Kippur War but once the Israelies got going that was it. They learned they can't just overwhelm them. :shrug:

...if you've noticed the spewing coming forth from Iran, it has NOTHING to do with winning as you and I define; it is the conflict that is the goal, the battle that only ends when Armageddon arrives.

Who's culture reveres homicide bombers?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Larry Gude said:
...if you've noticed the spewing coming forth from Iran, it has NOTHING to do with winning as you and I define; it is the conflict that is the goal, the battle that only ends when Armageddon arrives.

I stand corrected. Hundreds of thousands of martyrs coming soon... where are they going to find that many virgins these days?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's the beauty of faith...

FromTexas said:
I stand corrected. Hundreds of thousands of martyrs coming soon... where are they going to find that many virgins these days?

...they can just wish themselves some virgins and their eternal bliss.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...and I just can't seem to find any Japanese suicide/homocide bomber stories from the last 60 years.

A little help?
Weren't the Kamikaze pilots some of the first suicide/homocide bombers?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Ken King said:
Weren't the Kamikaze pilots some of the first suicide/homocide bombers?

...yes, which is why I said this;

...and I just can't seem to find any Japanese suicide/homocide bomber stories from the last 60 years.

Japan seems to have lost their taste for the 'suicide is good' code.

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:

A little help?

Why stop at 60? Only add a few years. The Japanese used more homocide (suicide) bombers than we have seen with the muslim extremist of today. at least a couple thousand took their life.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

SmallTown said:
Why stop at 60? Only add a few years. The Japanese used more homocide (suicide) bombers than we have seen with the muslim extremist of today. at least a couple thousand took their life.

...where do we start considering what is relevent to the thread, what is currently going on, and where do we turn this into a history lesson?

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:
...where do we start considering what is relevent to the thread, what is currently going on, and where do we turn this into a history lesson?

Larry Gude said:

Don't ask ignorant, open ended questions then determine later what is relevant.

Speaking of history lessons. This thread, I thought, was about Israel/Iran. Why the talk of Arabs?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm asking an ignorant...

SmallTown said:
Don't ask ignorant, open ended questions then determine later what is relevant.

Speaking of history lessons. This thread, I thought, was about Israel/Iran. Why the talk of Arabs?

...question?

Here's the thread topic;

Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Monday in an interview to Reuters that "the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map," Army Radio reported.

Then, the first mention of suicide was here;

And the answer was, obviously;

And then, you and your deep thinking comes skipping along to bring Japan into the conversation.

We have no problems these days with Japan, who are our pals.

They have no apparent geopolitical goal to see to the destruction of their nation and people as Iran is professing in their belligerence march towards nuclear armament.

So, Japan and their expired culture of death before dishonor, which they denounced due to nuclear weapons being their big chance to really mean what they say, have nothing to do with this conversation.

Except, I suppose, your desire to call me ignorant?

Repeat after me; 1 + 1 = 2

Practice. Often.