Jews vs Persians, round 2...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm sorry...

SmallTown said:
In your eyes, the japanese don't belong in this thread. The same could be said about Arabs. Yet, you chose to go after one group, the Japanese, and let the Arab comments slide. Imagine that.

"Man, if those damn Japanese don't quit threatening to nuke Israel, I'm gonna get mad! And, besides, I'm sick of them helping the Shia's in Iraq cause disruptions. I'll bet they are even supplying parts and munitions that end up in insurgents hands killing GI's..."

How's that?

BTW, did you know that 3% of Iranians are defined as Arabs?

Also, a great many Arabs are Muslims and, well, a whole bunch of Iranians are Muslims. In fact, there's even Shia's in BOTH Iran and Iraq.

And, did you know it is fairly common to think of their part of the world as an 'Arab' area, kinda like thinking of the US as a 'Christian' or 'Caucasian' area, which isn't all that accurate either but is generally accepted as good enough for people to know what you mean.

Hell, there's Iraqis and Iranians in the US to! I had this nice Iranian lady cut my hair last month.

There might even be a few 'Arabs' in Japan. Whaddya think? maybe they're taking advanced Homicidal Maniac classes from the masters, seeings how it worked so good for them...

Care to share with the class why the use of "Arab" torqued your jaw so much?

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:
I did not know that.

Put an Arab and a Persian in a room together, then proceed to call the persian an Arab and the Arab a persian. See if you get a reaction.

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:
"Man, if those damn Japanese don't quit threatening to nuke Israel, I'm gonna get mad! And, besides, I'm sick of them helping the Shia's in Iraq cause disruptions. I'll bet they are even supplying parts and munitions that end up in insurgents hands killing GI's..."

How's that?

BTW, did you know that 3% of Iranians are defined as Arabs?

Also, a great many Arabs are Muslims and, well, a whole bunch of Iranians are Muslims. In fact, there's even Shia's in BOTH Iran and Iraq.

And, did you know it is fairly common to think of their part of the world as an 'Arab' area, kinda like thinking of the US as a 'Christian' or 'Caucasian' area, which isn't all that accurate either but is generally accepted as good enough for people to know what you mean.

Hell, there's Iraqis and Iranians in the US to! I had this nice Iranian lady cut my hair last month.

There might even be a few 'Arabs' in Japan. Whaddya think? maybe they're taking advanced Homicidal Maniac classes from the masters, seeings how it worked so good for them...

Care to share with the class why the use of "Arab" torqued your jaw so much?

We have lots of mexicans here, are you mexican?

If you don't know the difference between an Arab and a Persian, I would suggest you quit discussing anything about the middle east. Until you figure that one out, you really can not even begin to disuss anything else.

Why did it torgue my jaw?? I get tired of ignorance being spewed over and over again.

My SO is half persian. Thanks for your history/geography lesson, though. Maybe it will inspire people to do a little more research into Persian Vs. Arab culture.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So you're program for today is...

...to surf around until you can find something to be offended by?

This is a lonely thread, far off in cyberspace that didn't have one damn thing to do with you, until you chose to wade in playing social avenger, so, I seriously doubt anyone meant to offend your SO.

As far as the 'Perisan' leader of Iran, he is still threatening nuclear war which, frankly, I find pretty ####ing offensive. Can we expect the 'Arabs' to come running to Israels defense from the threat of annihilation anytime soon, or do you suppose they share at least that in common?

How's that? Righted enough wrongs in the world for one day?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Since it started many posts after it I would like ST to go back and read the little piece he neglected to quote after my post about it being interchangeable:

since an Iranian can be an Arab or a Persian.

They are not mutually exclusive terms you nitwit. All Arabs are not Persians, but all Persians are Arabs. The reason, as I stated above and you also neglected, I used Arab is because the Israel vs Persian debate is really the Israeli vs Arab debate. In case you need a refresher:

Ar·ab ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rb)
n.
A member of a Semitic people inhabiting Arabia, whose language and Islamic religion spread widely throughout the Middle East and northern Africa from the seventh century.
A member of an Arabic-speaking people.

So, suck it up. All your drivel since the Jap issue is your CYA because you realized you hadn't really taken up the debate at hand.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Do'h!

FromTexas said:
Since it started many posts after it I would like ST to go back and read the little piece he neglected to quote after my post about it being interchangeable:

They are not mutually exclusive terms you nitwit. All Arabs are not Persians, but all Persians are Arabs. The reason, as I stated above and you also neglected, I used Arab is because the Israel vs Persian debate is really the Israeli vs Arab debate. In case you need a refresher:

So, suck it up. All your drivel since the Jap issue is your CYA because you realized you hadn't really taken up the debate at hand.

Is that true, ST, are all Persians Arabs?

:popcorn:

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:
...to surf around until you can find something to be offended by?

This is a lonely thread, far off in cyberspace that didn't have one damn thing to do with you, until you chose to wade in playing social avenger, so, I seriously doubt anyone meant to offend your SO.

Nope, neither of us is offended. We find it quite funny actually. Just like the thread awhile back where people tried to figure out the whole Persian and Iran thing. Watching people step all over themselves trying to speak about something they know nothing about. But as I said, ignorance is bliss.

Yes, the Iranian president is a nut job. Not many people disagree with that.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
Nope, neither of us is offended. We find it quite funny actually. Just like the thread awhile back where people tried to figure out the whole Persian and Iran thing. Watching people step all over themselves trying to speak about something they know nothing about. But as I said, ignorance is bliss.

Here is an excellent discussion by an Iranian talking about the confusion between Persian, Arabian, and even what language they speak. So, in the minor point, you are teh win for knowing a difference that even an Iranian says Arabs have a hard time remembering the difference of... much less us uneducated Americans. In the larger picture, we are using a widely recognized reference to a people... whether it is right or wrong in the truest since, it is the terminology of the zeitgeist. So, once again, your debate is over drivel and you had nothing to offer.

All this because you laid your stick in a Persian girl. How righteous of you to be so elitist because you have shagged someone so you now share their pain. I once banged a hispanic chic, so I want you all to cease and decease with this immigration stuff because it offends me... after all, I am part Hispanic because I got some chicano lovin'.

Do you have anything to offer on the actual debate in the thread... ? Oh, no. Because you suck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ah!

SmallTown said:

..so, you're, like, posting together and, like some guy in public with his gal, received an insult, like if someone said 'nice tits!' or something, so, naturally, you have to be the big man and defend her honor, eh? :smack:

Miss, no offense was intended or meant and I don't think you really can take one from what we've written and if you do, I apologize. :flowers: So, understand that ST does ruffled feather thing on occasion when his meds run low. :jameo:

Ask him about libraries censoring their computers before you procreate with him. And if you are already doing that, for Gods sake be careful. :whistle:

BTW, nice tits!

:larry:

SmallTown

Football season!
FromTexas said:

:killingme :lmao: keep firing tex! bahaha

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
:killingme :lmao: keep firing tex! bahaha

You are running slow. Click back a few posts and see what an Iranian had to say about the great misunderstanding around the issue... In arab countries no less. I agreed to your minor point you toad licking weasel, but in the end it has no correlation to the larger debate. All through the Arab-Israeli conflict, Iran has been lumped into the Arab side. I admit my ignorance of them not being an actual part of the Arab world since my assumption is based on the fact that Persia is included in history books and geography books when discussing the Ancient Arab world. But, when I start shagging a Persian girl, i will make sure to get it right.... I guess I will be cultured then. :yay:

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:
..so, you're, like, posting together and, like some guy in public with his gal, received an insult, like if someone said 'nice tits!' or something, so, naturally, you have to be the big man and defend her honor, eh? :smack:

Miss, no offense was intended or meant and I don't think you really can take one from what we've written and if you do, I apologize. :flowers: So, understand that ST does ruffled feather thing on occasion when his meds run low. :jameo:

Ask him about libraries censoring their computers before you procreate with him. And if you are already doing that, for Gods sake be careful. :whistle:

BTW, nice tits!

:larry:

No, she could care less if you call her an arab. Doesn't matter to her one bit if you wish to spread around your ignorance. Just like if you called me a mexican. I would just look at you kind of funny and move along.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
No, she could care less if you call her an arab. Doesn't matter to her one bit if you wish to spread around your ignorance. Just like if you called me a mexican. I would just look at you kind of funny and move along.

Just like you did in this thread. :yay:

At least we have answered that question... the point was pointless and had no meaning to the larger debate. :banana:

SmallTown

Football season!
FromTexas said:
But, when I start shagging a Persian girl, i will make sure to get it right.... I guess I will be cultured then. :yay:

So. You're only going to post on threads you know something about based on who you are shagging. Hmmm. I'm sure there is a white trash thread somewhere. Enjoy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See?

SmallTown said:

...I didn't call her an Arab! And why would I want to insult Mexicans?

SmallTown

Football season!
FromTexas said:
Just like you did in this thread. :yay:

At least we have answered that question... the point was pointless and had no meaning to the larger debate. :banana:

And yet you continue to post things not related to the topic. amazing. Or are you just so confused by the whole persian/arab thing that you're not sure what to post next?