John Deere riding mower won’t turn over

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You do that with outboard motors too? I have needs. Especially after learning from the AirBnB reviewer that figured out I suffer from "economic disparity". :battingeyes:
I fix them for myself, especially 70s and 80s OMC motors. :winkwink:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I see. No charity in that hardened heart of yours.
I share my catch. :sshrug:

Actually, I've finally realized that fighting big motors gets harder and harder every year. I've got an 88 and a 90 right now that I wish I hadn't inherited, and a 110 that I'm supposed to get this fall. If you know anyone who needs some parts motors, please PM me. I'll stick with my 9.9s and 15s. I can still manage them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I share my catch. :sshrug:

Actually, I've finally realized that fighting big motors gets harder and harder every year. I've got an 88 and a 90 right now that I wish I hadn't inherited, and a 110 that I'm supposed to get this fall. If you know anyone who needs some parts motors, please PM me. I'll stick with my 9.9s and 15s. I can still manage them.
What year is the 90? I just pulled one off the 20' ProLine I'm rebuilding and was surprised to find it was not in all that bad a shape...one hole has messed up rings. Its an '87 with VRO.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What year is the 90? I just pulled one off the 20' ProLine I'm rebuilding and was surprised to find it was not in all that bad a shape...one hole has messed up rings. Its an '87 with VRO.
The best I can tell it's a late 80s. VRO has been bypassed, but most of the plumbing is there. That was a running motor when pulled off the boat. The guy couldn't get it to idle down slow enough to troll and he replaced it with a used Honda. I wish OMC stuck with metal tags for ID. The stickers never hold up.