John McCain says...

D

Dixie

... in short, Bush sucks.

Men. The minute they get what they want they drop you like a hot potato.

bush-mccain-hug-72.jpg (click picture for larger image - John looks like he's truly in love)

Attachments

• bush-mccain-hug-72.jpg
    bush-mccain-hug-72.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 96

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Men. The minute they get what they want they drop you like a hot potato.

bush-mccain-hug-72.jpg (click picture for larger image - John looks like he's truly in love)

:lol: It must really amuse you enough to choose it as your avatar. It also speaks volumes about people who find humor in a disabled person's handicap.

Unless, of course, you had no idea that John McCain was tortured while in Vietnam and both of his shoulders and arms are permanently disabled, making it impossible for him to raise his arms above a certain point?

D

Dixie

:lol: It must really amuse you enough to choose it as your avatar. It also speaks volumes about people who find humor in a disabled person's handicap.

Unless, of course, you had no idea that John McCain was tortured while in Vietnam and both of his shoulders and arms are permanently disabled, making it impossible for him to raise his arms above a certain point?

Yes as a matter of fact I think it's a riot. BUT you are really reaching if you think that McCain hugging Bush had anything to do with his handicap or being able to raise his arms.

And furthermore if you knew anyting about me at all I am the mother of a handicapped child and nothing infuriates me more than people who make fun of their disabilities. That includes those on this forum that use the word tard, retard, window lickers etc, etc.

Thanks for playing though!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes as a matter of fact I think it's a riot. BUT you are really reaching if you think that McCain hugging Bush had anything to do with his handicap or being able to raise his arms.

And furthermore if you knew anyting about me at all I am the mother of a handicapped child and nothing infuriates me more than people who make fun of their disabilities. That includes those on this forum that use the word tard, retard, window lickers etc, etc.

No I'm NOT reaching. It's obvious McCain was hugging Bush, it's the photography angle of the shot along with his disabilities that gives it the appearance you seem to be highlighting. (Hanging onto Bush, Bush III) But whatever.

And I also have a child with disabilities, thankyouverymuch. So you've never seen me make fun of anyone's disabilities, nor do I use the words to which you refer.

D

Dixie

No I'm NOT reaching. It's obvious McCain was hugging Bush, it's the photography angle of the shot along with his disabilities that gives it the appearance you seem to be highlighting. (Hanging onto Bush, Bush III) But whatever.

And I also have a child with disabilities, thankyouverymuch. So you've never seen me make fun of anyone's disabilities, nor do I use the words to which you refer.

You're welcome. :huggy:

ImnoMensa

This thread sure got hi-jacked.

McCain is trying to distance himself from Bush now.

Of course the reason is that most every Dem you speak to is saying " we sure dont need any more of this guy Bush" In other words the Dems are more or less still running against Bush and not Mccain.

They try to make the point that if we elect Mccain we wil be getting more of the same.

They skim over the fact that McCain is more Democrat than Republican, that he has been kissing democrat azz for years and may even pick an ex Democrat for his vice President (Lieberman). How the hell, we picked Mccain as the republican candidate I cannot fathom. He sure wouldnt be in my top ten, but we have to go with what we have, which is better than the alternative. Not good , just better, and that by a whisker.

R

RadioPatrol

I'll never finish reading the book. :boo:

Summertime is busy here at work, and I've still got 4 BIG races coming up to cover...two in the next month.

Hmm Races are one day on the weekend, Window Licker, that leaves 6 other days to read ...

AndyMarquisLIVE

This thread sure got hi-jacked.

McCain is trying to distance himself from Bush now.

Of course the reason is that most every Dem you speak to is saying " we sure dont need any more of this guy Bush" In other words the Dems are more or less still running against Bush and not Mccain.

They try to make the point that if we elect Mccain we wil be getting more of the same.

They skim over the fact that McCain is more Democrat than Republican, that he has been kissing democrat azz for years and may even pick an ex Democrat for his vice President (Lieberman). How the hell, we picked Mccain as the republican candidate I cannot fathom. He sure wouldnt be in my top ten, but we have to go with what we have, which is better than the alternative. Not good , just better, and that by a whisker.
I'm Republican and I think we need a president who's going to distance himself from Bush.

This President and this Congress are spending money like madmen, and Obama proposes more of the same even though we are in trillions of dollars of dept. This President and this Congress continue to keep us stuck in dependency of foriegn oil when we have plenty here we can drill for and plenty of alternative sources we could make energy from. This President and this Congress believe in the foriegn policy of intervention, which is something the founding fathers of our great union would be ashamed of.

Bush is, by no means, a great President. A good wartime leader, yes. History still has yet to judge whether he was even a good president. I, for one, liked McCain's speech last night. He knows who the opponent is and made it clear to Sen. Obama: You want to fill the big man's shoes, you're gonna have to play hardball.

Now we get to see what Sen. Obama is really made of. Two Senators who don't like dirty personal politics duking it out on the issues. The debates should be fun. :yahoo:

:popcorn:

ImnoMensa

I'm Republican and I think we need a president who's going to distance himself from Bush.

This President and this Congress are spending money like madmen, and Obama proposes more of the same even though we are in trillions of dollars of dept. This President and this Congress continue to keep us stuck in dependency of foriegn oil when we have plenty here we can drill for and plenty of alternative sources we could make energy from. This President and this Congress believe in the foriegn policy of intervention, which is something the founding fathers of our great union would be ashamed of.

Bush is, by no means, a great President. A good wartime leader, yes. History still has yet to judge whether he was even a good president. I, for one, liked McCain's speech last night. He knows who the opponent is and made it clear to Sen. Obama: You want to fill the big man's shoes, you're gonna have to play hardball.

Now we get to see what Sen. Obama is really made of. Two Senators who don't like dirty personal politics duking it out on the issues. The debates should be fun. :yahoo:

:popcorn:

Some of your thinking is wrong. When president Bush was elected he tried hard to do away with partisanship, he was rewarded with derision, his Presidency was called to question , Democrats saying he was chosen by the courts and wasnt truly elected. The Democrats denied him a cabinet by turning down his proposed candidates. They turned down judges . They did everything in their power to delay his administration. Along came 911: They all voted to go to war, then over the years they have denied it ,abfuscated their reasons, and blamed him for the war. George Bush presented an energy policy, they denied it. George Bush is not the one who has denied our oil companies the laws they need to explore for new oil. It is the Democrat Congress who has done that. I do hold Bush responsible for denying the oil companies to drill off Florida, since he went along with his brother in that denial. To get his brother elected. In some cases , such as Nuclear proliferation ,I do think we need to use some sort of intervention. I dont believe for one minute that if we hadnt removed Saddam, we would be fighting him now. Perhaps in another country, but sooner or later we would have had to fight him.

The greatest mistake made in the Iraq War was when we assumed the Iraqui's would welcome us liberating them. The second biggest was in assuming they could establish a government that could rule Iraq without tribal or religious sectarianism. Our next big mistake may come when we allow tribal, religious or ethnic sectarianism in this country through Politicial Correctness. That one is getting closer every day.

When you come to America to live, you should come to be an American , respect your old culture,but leave it where you came from.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then...

I'll never finish reading the book. :boo:

Summertime is busy here at work, and I've still got 4 BIG races coming up to cover...two in the next month.

...comment about races and quit commenting about politics because you don't know squat AND you have no interest in learning.

B

Bruzilla

I would like to know something. I have often heard the remark that the torture McCain received while a POW resulted in his not being able to raise his arms above his head. If that's true, how the heck did he ever pass a flight physical after coming back? I had to pass the same physical process back then, and there's no way anyone who can't raise their arms gets certified for flight. In addition, McCain was cleared for flying A-7 Corsairs, which have ejection seats. Before you can fly in ejection seat-equipped aircraft you have to get certified in the seats. I wasn't allowed to fly in S-3 Viking aircraft because at 6'6'' I was so tall that my helmet blocked the upper handles. I could reach them, but I really had to reach around the back of my helmet and pull the handles up and then forward instead of just forward. I could pull the lower handles just fine, but you had to work both to pass.

So... how does a guy who can't raise his arms pass a flight physical AND get a seat card?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Some of your thinking is wrong. When president Bush was elected he tried hard to do away with partisanship, he was rewarded with derision, his Presidency was called to question , Democrats saying he was chosen by the courts and wasnt truly elected. The Democrats denied him a cabinet by turning down his proposed candidates. They turned down judges . They did everything in their power to delay his administration. Along came 911: They all voted to go to war, then over the years they have denied it ,abfuscated their reasons, and blamed him for the war. George Bush presented an energy policy, they denied it. George Bush is not the one who has denied our oil companies the laws they need to explore for new oil. It is the Democrat Congress who has done that. I do hold Bush responsible for denying the oil companies to drill off Florida, since he went along with his brother in that denial. To get his brother elected. In some cases , such as Nuclear proliferation ,I do think we need to use some sort of intervention. I dont believe for one minute that if we hadnt removed Saddam, we would be fighting him now. Perhaps in another country, but sooner or later we would have had to fight him.

The greatest mistake made in the Iraq War was when we assumed the Iraqui's would welcome us liberating them. The second biggest was in assuming they could establish a government that could rule Iraq without tribal or religious sectarianism. Our next big mistake may come when we allow tribal, religious or ethnic sectarianism in this country through Politicial Correctness. That one is getting closer every day.

When you come to America to live, you should come to be an American , respect your old culture,but leave it where you came from.
Notice how I said this President and this Congress. It's not all Bush...Bush can't do anything without Congress' authority and Congress can't do anything without Bush's authority.

They work hand in hand, and so far all their collective asses have done is sit back and watch as food prices and energy prices more than double, watch as our world standing goes away because of an irrelevant war (that Barry wants to end altogether no matter what the risk) and watch as our collective freedoms are pissed on and thrown away thanks to The Patriot Act.

Only thing worse than Bush working with Republicans is when Bush works with Democrats.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I would like to know something. I have often heard the remark that the torture McCain received while a POW resulted in his not being able to raise his arms above his head. If that's true, how the heck did he ever pass a flight physical after coming back? I had to pass the same physical process back then, and there's no way anyone who can't raise their arms gets certified for flight. In addition, McCain was cleared for flying A-7 Corsairs, which have ejection seats. Before you can fly in ejection seat-equipped aircraft you have to get certified in the seats. I wasn't allowed to fly in S-3 Viking aircraft because at 6'6'' I was so tall that my helmet blocked the upper handles. I could reach them, but I really had to reach around the back of my helmet and pull the handles up and then forward instead of just forward. I could pull the lower handles just fine, but you had to work both to pass.

So... how does a guy who can't raise his arms pass a flight physical AND get a seat card?
Oh gawd Bruzilla....knock it off already. :smack:

Your starting to sound more and more like a leftist kook every day. :crazy:

B

Bruzilla

If McCain was trying to distance himself drom Bush, he did a damn poor job of crafting his message. His speech just about took center stage away from the Democrats last night, and not for good reasons. I quit watching his speech halfway through because he started doing what Bush does when either things they've made some clever point... Bush gives that little annoying laugh, and McCain gives that cheesy smile. Then I heard McCain flubbing his lines, ending with his saying hiw he was the guy who would best convert opportunities into opportunities, and I said I'm done listening to this guy.

Watching CNN and FNC afterwards, I found I wasn't the only one who found his speech pathetic. Even Fred Barnes said McCain looked and sounded bad. They were griping about the wierd green background, the small crowd that sounded like McCain was speaking at a bar, how he was having a hard time reading the teleprompter and screwing up his lines, etc. I guess I'm the only one who found his cheesy smile objectionable.