John McCain

Hijinx

I am glad to see the same opinion(s) about McCain that hub and I hold. You made your choices, Mr. McCain, and you lived, and died by them. RIP.

I think he knew he would be used by libprogs to push an agenda, and was ok with that. After all, he wasn’t a true Repub, or patriot. When are the ones trying to change America going to figure out that true Americans are not stupid?

One answer is, like so many politicians, he was in it for himself. Period.

Mr. Trump can renege on lowering the flag at the White House, Mine never came down.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Also heard this morning that he had an opportunity to be released sooner due to family influence, but chose to stay behind because he wouldn't leave his fellows behind. His torture left him with permanent injuries to both arms.

Yes. He said he would accept early release only if everyone who'd been there longer than him would be released as well.

This_person

I'm not going to slam the guy. He's dead. I respect his service to the military, and what he went through.

In an equally valid way, I would like to offer my condolences on the death of another person who fought in the Afghanistan war for us. This one was a civilian, and not even an American citizen; he fought the Russians for America in Afghanistan. He might have had some bad ideas later in life, but he fought for us all the same. A war hero is still a war hero even if we disagree on some things. This m an, of course, was Osama bin Laden.

Was McCain bin Laden? No. But, the sentiment is still equally accurate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In an equally valid way, I would like to offer my condolences on the death of another person who fought in the Afghanistan war for us. This one was a civilian, and not even an American citizen; he fought the Russians for America in Afghanistan. He might have had some bad ideas later in life, but he fought for us all the same. A war hero is still a war hero even if we disagree on some things. This m an, of course, was Osama bin Laden.

Was McCain bin Laden? No. But, the sentiment is still equally accurate.

:drummer:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
NAILED it.

And that is indeed what they used to say about John McCain before they got their marching orders.

Well, you have to admit that in 2008 McCain was the not-Democrat candidate for President and every liberal publication and opinionated bloviator was firing up the anti-McCain presses. If they wrote this article today, it might contain the same "facts" but it would be presented in a less critical format (since the liberals would have a current-enemy not-Democrat to attack).

BOP

Did he? Did he come home mentally sane? Did he serve our country with his political antics?

I will submit to you he came home unhinged with untreated anger issues. And I will further suggest that he was self-serving in his political rapacity, and not serving of us or our country.

This has nothing to do with Trump. I have had a negative opinion of John McCain for at least 18 years, and have said repeatedly that he is solely responsible for making me realize that I no longer wanted to be affiliated with the GOP. He is the exact same John McCain he always had been, except now he's dead. I see no reason to revise my opinion of him just because he finally croaked.

PS, Bowe Berghdal was a POW, too. You gonna weep over him when he kicks? Chelsea Manning was a soldier - does s/he deserve your undying respect and appreciation for her service, and just forget about everything else?

Lee Harvey Oswald was an honorably discharged Marine.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Lee Harvey Oswald was an honorably discharged Marine.

It was a short career.

And I will suggest that John McCain spent the last year trying to dispatch a United States President as well.

Well, you have to admit that in 2008 McCain was the not-Democrat candidate for President and every liberal publication and opinionated bloviator was firing up the anti-McCain presses. If they wrote this article today, it might contain the same "facts" but it would be presented in a less critical format (since the liberals would have a current-enemy not-Democrat to attack).

There you have it. Thanks, y’all.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hey
Yet you and the somd tards were jocking the hell out of mccain in 2008.......
:stupidtardsarehypocrites:

That, actually, makes sense. Good on ya. Except you misspelled joking, and you are the hypocrite. Other than that, you are good. And, did you notice that most here did not like the perverted display of McCain’s death? You did, but you chose to ignore it.

And, where are you from, originally? Just wondering.

Last edited:

BOP

Yet you and the somd tards were jocking the hell out of mccain in 2008.......
:stupidtardsarehypocrites:

I'm not sure what you just said, but I've always, always said I voted for the hot chick from Alaska, not so much the old duffer from Arizona, but definitely not the not-muslim from not-Hawaii.