JUST BANGING AWAY WITH A 120MM TANK GUN

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

My life for a number of years (though M60's, not these M1's).

Nice pix (especially the last one at the bottom of the article!); nice video. So click over and enjoy!

Good times. Good times.

--- End of line (MCP)

Reactions: BOP

black dog

Free America
My son is a Marine Tank buster, 0352 missle launcher.
He sits in a LAV with a Tow on top and a few Javelins inside he can deploy if needed.

Yooper

M901 ITV A1 .....
I only ever once saw the 'Cherry Picker' M113 Version .... out at the NTC of all places

Korea I drove a TOW Hummer 87/88
Never saw a Hummer TOW. But you reminded there was also an M151 (Jeep) mounted TOW; something I had totally forgotten about.

I was in a heavy division, so I never saw a wheel mounter TOW (except in pix or 1/35 scale models.

Thanks for the memory jog down Memory Lane (the only PT I do these days).

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Looks like a LOT of fun....well once all the BS is taken care of.
Was very cool. What's interesting is how quiet it is inside the tank. Just a thwump. Up top in the tank commander's (TC) hatch still not terribly loud, but the heat blowback is Saudi Arabia in the summer like. I guess if you were in either Gulf War you got used to it, but I was in more northern climes.

But if you were in the tank "next door." Now that's a loud bang/thump.

And the squeak of the tank tread..., "Big O" music to my ears. And the smell of diesel on a cold, crisp morning. Heaven.

Yes, lots of work (BS). But such a pay-off.

Even after all these years I can say, "I LOVE TANKS." (Some would say more than I love most things and certainly, most people...!)

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America
M901 ITV A1 .....
I only ever once saw the 'Cherry Picker' M113 Version .... out at the NTC of all places

Korea I drove a TOW Hummer 87/88
My son was telling me about the lack of armor plate on his LAV and it just has Kevlar, I laughed and said at least it has a Kevlar skin and you have a plate carrier with ceramic plates and a ballistic helmet you can wear. Not so long ago son you had nothing worthwhile.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here is the thing M113's M901's Armor Protection 2 inches of some hi speed Aluminium against shell fragments maybe a 7.62 at some distance
Hummer 5/4 Ton Truck ..... NOT an APC or Tank but a transportation system to get you from A to B

they were designed for a War in Europe not some rag head burying a 1/2 doc 155mm shells in a crater