Just One More Saddlery and Tack

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Does anyone know what happened to them? Did they relocate somewhere else in Calvert County (or anywhere else for that matter)? Or did they just go out of business? :confused:

Now that Im getting back into horses... I miss having a tack store that I dont have to drive over a hour to get to.

Thanks all!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
THERE IS ONE IN LOVEVILLE ACROSS FROM 3RD. BASE STORE. IT IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY A ME:howdy::howdy:NONITE FAMILY

If you're referring to Loveville Leather (aka Elams), I am very familiar with it. They are awesome and I am always taking my equipment, blankets, etc. to them for repairs. :smile: But they are about an hour drive for me so to use them as a tack store, Id rather go to Wheatleys. They're closer to me... I live in Chesapeake Beach in Calvert County.

Thank you for the info, though! :howdy:

red_explorer

Just One More

Does anyone know what happened to them? Did they relocate somewhere else in Calvert County (or anywhere else for that matter)? Or did they just go out of business? :confused:

Now that Im getting back into horses... I miss having a tack store that I dont have to drive over a hour to get to.

Thanks all!

They went out of business....and its worth it to go the distance to Elams!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
They went out of business....and its worth it to go the distance to Elams!

Dang thats a bummer... And I agree its worth going the distance to Elams. But not if all I need is a bottle of fly spray... Ill spend more in gas just getting there than I would on the fly spray itself lol! :razz:

Thanks for the info. Not the answer I was hoping for but at least now I know :howdy:

J

jp2854

Dang thats a bummer... And I agree its worth going the distance to Elams. But not if all I need is a bottle of fly spray... Ill spend more in gas just getting there than I would on the fly spray itself lol! :razz:

Thanks for the info. Not the answer I was hoping for but at least now I know :howdy:

the horseflies are now out. Had a dead one on the porch this am when i went to take the dog out. Boy are those suckers huge. I don't like them one bit. Is there a way to keep them away from your horse so they don't get bit by them?

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
the horseflies are now out. Had a dead one on the porch this am when i went to take the dog out. Boy are those suckers huge. I don't like them one bit. Is there a way to keep them away from your horse so they don't get bit by them?

There are some products that are a one-time use and are supposed to repel flys for weeks. One is "Spot On." Here is the online flyer: http://www.starhorseproducts.com/STRK11603FRDM45SS4horse.pdf

You can get that online at Horse Tack, Horse & Equine Supplies - Statelinetack.com, etc. I've never used it but my Mom says it works great.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
They ARE not out of business.

They are now located in Huntingtown near that motorsports store. The store is much smaller but they have stuff.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
They ARE not out of business.

They are now located in Huntingtown near that motorsports store. The store is much smaller but they have stuff.

You mean the motorsports store by Guido's Liquors on the southbound side of Rt-4?

(is it bad that Im using Guido's as a landmark? :buddies: LOL)

fallon3386

Hatchers

Also, Hatchers supply in Huntingtown has a pretty good selection of horse sprays, shampoo's, supplements, etc. You should check them out sometime, they are behind the 7-11, also R & D Cross in Upper Marlboro is a very short drive from Chesapeake Beach and they have some horse stuff as well.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

If you just need flyspray go to Hatcher's in Huntingtown. :) Old Town Rd to Thanksgiving Lane, near Bowen's Grocery.

Eventer29

A couple of weekends ago I was in Just One More, sounds like they will not be around much longer. If they dont get a grant or something the lady said it was likely they were closing the door. It is nice to have a local place to grab things, but because they are small some of their stuff is a little pricey. I hope they can make it!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
A couple of weekends ago I was in Just One More, sounds like they will not be around much longer. If they dont get a grant or something the lady said it was likely they were closing the door. It is nice to have a local place to grab things, but because they are small some of their stuff is a little pricey. I hope they can make it!

Me too! My Mom was in there two days ago (and left me at home, the bia lol). She said they are definitely small but a lot of their stuff is on sale right now... probabaly because business is not good?

On one hand... I feel bad for them because I hate to see local businesses die. Especially horse-related. I love me a good tack shop :smile:

On the other hand... Its almost their own fault in the sense that they dont advertise a lot and almost everything online lists their old address and/or phone number. Their website is down (guess they didnt pay their bill to godaddy.com), they have limited hours and are completely closed on Sundays and Mondays.

No one will know they're there unless they put their name back out there. Word-of-mouth advertising will only go so far. For example, on this forum alone, some people (including myself) thought they had just gone out of business and didnt know they had reopened.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Speaking of fly sprays - does anyone locally carry Mosquito Halt? That was one of the top-rated products when The Horse Journal did their most recent testing. I've tried Tractor Supply and R & D Cross and can't find it. I bought a small bottle online, but the place that carried the gallon size wants to charge extra "hazmat" fees for shipping of $25 for a gallon - so it's cheaper to buy it locally if I can find it.