"Kabooooommmmmm!"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm almost finished a custom 7.62 x54mm build that should have plenty of "boom"...can't wait to see how much.:evil:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Those kind of things are really cool. Add a different dimension to the sport and makes the neighbors wonder "what the hell is he doing over there now"

Did you know..that as of last October 2012 , it is illegal to possess Tannerite or similar binary explosives (what's in the those targets) in MD?? I didn't..until just a couple days ago.

Never heard a peep about it in the news....

nutz

Did you know..that as of last October 2012 , it is illegal to possess Tannerite or similar binary explosives (what's in the those targets) in MD?? I didn't..until just a couple days ago.

Never heard a peep about it in the news....

Nope, just got some more too. I'll have to do some looking and see what I turn up.

nutz

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep, darn close to what i got. I can't have a kit w/instructions in my possession. BUT, I can possess and transport separate unmixed containers for personal use as long as I don't possess an instruction sheet on how to mix them. :evil:

no changes to 18 USC chapter 40 or 27 CFR part 555

MD SB421 | 2012 | Regular Session | LegiScan

Looking at the wording very closely....I can see that now. So it looks like it is still OK to mix your own..?

nutz

Looking at the wording very closely....I can see that now. So it looks like it is still OK to mix your own..?

That's my take on it. However, once mixed, the rules do change for transport and storage. From the friendly folks at BATF, "Persons manufacturing explosives for their own personal, non-business use only (e.g., personal target practice) are not required to have a Federal explosives license or permit. However, individuals or companies must obtain a Federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale or distribution, or for their own business use. Such business uses include manufacturing binary targets for demonstration or product testing purposes."

"In addition, a Federal explosives license or permit is required for the transport of explosive materials. Therefore, a person must obtain a Federal explosives license or permit if they mix binary exploding targets and subsequently transport them to a shooting range or to any other location."

A couple videos for your enjoyment.
Homemade Tannerite From Instant Cold Packs - YouTube
Tannerite For Toddlers BB Gun Exploding Targets - YouTube
How to make Aluminium Powder from household materials. - YouTube

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's my take on it. However, once mixed, the rules do change for transport and storage. From the friendly folks at BATF, "Persons manufacturing explosives for their own personal, non-business use only (e.g., personal target practice) are not required to have a Federal explosives license or permit. However, individuals or companies must obtain a Federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale or distribution, or for their own business use. Such business uses include manufacturing binary targets for demonstration or product testing purposes."

"In addition, a Federal explosives license or permit is required for the transport of explosive materials. Therefore, a person must obtain a Federal explosives license or permit if they mix binary exploding targets and subsequently transport them to a shooting range or to any other location."

A couple videos for your enjoyment.
Homemade Tannerite From Instant Cold Packs - YouTube
Tannerite For Toddlers BB Gun Exploding Targets - YouTube
How to make Aluminium Powder from household materials. - YouTube

I would think this just got you your own personal folder over at NSA. :evil:

Now, I'm gonna click the links so I can have one, too!

:buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Yes but...everything I've seen on this topic on the gun forums indicates that the new MD statue exceeds (and was specifically intended to exceed) the Fed BATF restrictions and rules. Just like MD's gun laws exceed the Federal ones...and will so even more when the new round of them is signed in to law.