Kamala Harris Actions and Reactions

SamSpade

to be perfectly blunt, on her knees or on her back
See - I can see some of that. I do know women who largely got through COLLEGE that way.
But how do you get through a stint as DA or as Senator and BE THAT STUPID?

I *get* that some people just don't know how to communicate well in public. I used to know a guy online who had a passing acquaintance with George Bush, well before he was President. Besides being a devoted Christian - and you can go anywhere you like with that - he described him as very smart, well read and politically astute. A far cray from his established public persona as a kind of aw shucks dumb lummox.

Ditto a LOT of people on TV. They come across as dumb - but they're really not. Just not cut out for the spotlight.

And while you CAN be a dumb Congressman or Senator and have most of your work done by staff - you can't argue cases in court while on your knees to a well connected boyfriend. I just don't see how you have a career in law for almost 30 years, and be stupid. Really.

Clem72

The good news for her is - she will likely never need to run for another political office or have any kind of serious employment for the rest of her life. She can retire permanently at the end of her term.
Actually, I don't think she can retire. At least not with a federal pension. She is under the FERS system and while she will be above the minimum retirement age (55) she will only have 8 years of service at the end of her term and not the 10 required for the MRA+10 pension. And even if she did have 10 years, it's 1 percent a year so 10% of her high-3 salary as a VP would only be $23k a year, not even enough to pay for her pantsuits.

But I assume you mean she can retire from public service and live off of selling books and speaking at colleges and stuff.

herb749

Actually, I don't think she can retire. At least not with a federal pension. She is under the FERS system and while she will be above the minimum retirement age (55) she will only have 8 years of service at the end of her term and not the 10 required for the MRA+10 pension. And even if she did have 10 years, it's 1 percent a year so 10% of her high-3 salary as a VP would only be $23k a year, not even enough to pay for her pantsuits.

But I assume you mean she can retire from public service and live off of selling books and speaking at colleges and stuff.

And guest spots on MSDNC. :razz:

SamSpade

Didn't know some of that - but - I can probably guess her years of service in California will afford her enough to retire on. In any event, I don't think anyone is going to promote her for an elective office, and there have been VERY FEW VP's who have held elective office after serving as VP unless it was to run for President, and that's not happening. The only one that comes to mind is Humphrey who went back to the Senate and from what I read - regretted it. He no longer had any of the power he once wielded.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Secret Service Agents Protect Kamala’s Home from the Illegal Aliens – Tell People to Keep Away From HER FENCE

Liberal logic: It’s okay for the elites to have a fence around their property and armed guards on duty, but the average Americans, particularly those who live in border areas, have no right to the same level of security.

On Thursday morning, two busloads of over 100 illegal aliens were dropped off at Kamala Harris’ home in Washington DC.

[clip]

Fox News interviewed some of the illegals standing outside of Harris’s residence and even they said the border is wide open.

“Vice President Harris said that the border is closed. Is the border closed? Do you believe that the border is closed or is it open?” Fox News reporter Griff Jenkins queried.

“It’s open, not closed. The border is open…everybody believes that the border is open. It’s open because we enter. We come in, free, no problem,” he said.

“Yeah, we came illegally, not legal,” he said.

Kamala Harris briskly walked past a reporter asking if she had comment on the illegals dumped on her lawn.

“Any comment on the illegal immigrants dropped off at your residence?” a reporter asked Kamala Harris.

Harris ignored the reporter and walked away.

On the same day, Kamala Harris sent her secret service agents to guard her residence from the illegal aliens.

The agents told the reporters that they needed to make sure that “everyone is safe and away from our fence” but the American people can’t have these same security.

The hypocrisy of the left is pretty astounding.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Community Banks Are In the Community’

We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community,” Harris said.

The vice president’s nonsensical remarks were made at Claflin University in South Carolina at an event with Education Secretary Miguel Cardona during a roundtable discussion with student leaders.

Harris was then mocked on social media as footage of her gaffe went viral.

“Kamala Harris, the greatest orator since Winston Churchill, on community banks,” said Clay Travis, founder of OutKick

“Kamala had to give another book report on a book she didn’t read today… this time the title was, “Community Banks,”” wrote comedian Tim Young.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kamala Harris suggests 'you don't have to change your faith' to agree with Democrats on abortion

"Wisconsin will help decide the future of our country and that is what Wisconsin does," Harris said. "When we look at a woman's right to make decisions about her own body, we need two additional seats in the Senate, one of which will be Mandela Barnes to say, listen, let's stop playing politics with women's bodies. You don't have to change your faith or abandon your faith or your deeply held beliefs to agree the government should not be telling a woman what to do with her body."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Why does she treat everyone like a five-year-old? Or is it just that that’s where her mind is at?

This isn’t the first cringeworthy comment she’s made about space. She got into trouble in 2021, when she made a video that showed her talking with kids about space; it turned out they were actors. It was supposed to make her more relatable, but it backfired spectacularly. She also spoke at the Vandenberg Space Force Base to members of the military about space like they were five years old. She similarly went over the edge delivering remarks at the Artemis space launch. Artemis, like Harris’ remarks, failed to launch.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kamala Harris Blasted For Pushing ‘Racist’ Policy In Response To Hurricane Damage

AEI fellow Sadanand Dhume responded, “Why do they make everything about race and gender?”

“If a hurricane hits a state, we should expect the government to help all those affected: black, brown white, purple, green,” he added. “And there’s no such thing as ‘communities of color.’ Real people don’t talk like this.”

Political commentator Ken Gardner tweeted: “This has to violate at least a dozen federal and state anti-discrimination laws. Not to mention the 14th Amendment.”

“Again, it’s not that we have moronic, insane, despicable people. Every nation has those,” radio host Jesse Kelly tweeted. “It’s that our worst people now lead all our institutions. Honestly not sure how a nation can survive that.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harris made the remarks during a discussion with leftist Priyanka Chopra at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum in Washington, D.C.

“It is our lowest income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions and impacted by issues that are not of their own making,” Harris claimed. “And so we have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity, understanding not everyone starts out at the same place.”

She added, “And if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work.”

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
lighter.jpg