Kayaking

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Gald you had a good time. Where did you go?

BluHaven Pier in St. Inigoes/Ridge area. :yay:

I'm sunburned pretty badly on my legs. :lol:

We paddled from 10 am to 1 pm. We got to see birds, fishes, and some pretty land and sights seeing. I would like to get a fishing lesson and go fishing while kayaking next year. It's so beautiful out there. :yay:

spinner

Why do you have to wait until next year? Lots of time left this year.
By the way, Greenwell changed the full moon kayak trip to tonight [no full moon on the 22nd] then canceled it due to a small craft advisory. Is there actually a small craft advisory tonight? Because there isn't anything about it on the weather page.
They do have a couple of other kayak trips, but I believe I will be skipping them. I think the one on the 22nd was changed to a moonrise and the one in Sept is a sunset one.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Why do you have to wait until next year? Lots of time left this year.
By the way, Greenwell changed the full moon kayak trip to tonight [no full moon on the 22nd] then canceled it due to a small craft advisory. Is there actually a small craft advisory tonight? Because there isn't anything about it on the weather page.
They do have a couple of other kayak trips, but I believe I will be skipping them. I think the one on the 22nd was changed to a moonrise and the one in Sept is a sunset one.

When do fishing season end? It's cost $15 per a fishing license.

When do fishing season end? It's cost $15 per a fishing license.

Best advice I can give is go to the Tackle Box and pick up a copy of fishing regulations. As far as lessons, they also have some books and so does the library. If you want to borrow some poles, etc. I have a few not being used until you get your own. There are so many options, bottom fishing, casting, trolling, jigging, etc. You need to figure out what kind of fish you are going for, where they are and how to go after them.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Best advice I can give is go to the Tackle Box and pick up a copy of fishing regulations. As far as lessons, they also have some books and so does the library. If you want to borrow some poles, etc. I have a few not being used until you get your own. There are so many options, bottom fishing, casting, trolling, jigging, etc. You need to figure out what kind of fish you are going for, where they are and how to go after them.

I haven't fish since when I was 16 years old, and I asked my brother to show me how to use fishing pole earlier this year. He totally blew me off. I just wanted someone to show me to refresh my memory.

Looks like I have alot to learn about fishing.

BTW, I got sun poison from yesterday kayaking. :barf: My legs are so red and my hubby forgot the sunscreen that was sitting on the counter.

spinner

We bass fish at St Mary's and Mattawoman well into
November, I've gone as late as Dec. but it was kinda cold. I'm not saying I catch much....
I guess the kayak bug has bitten you!

I haven't fish since when I was 16 years old, and I asked my brother to show me how to use fishing pole earlier this year. He totally blew me off. I just wanted someone to show me to refresh my memory.

Looks like I have alot to learn about fishing.

BTW, I got sun poison from yesterday kayaking. :barf: My legs are so red and my hubby forgot the sunscreen that was sitting on the counter.

I went snorkling with a guy in Guam once. I wore a tshirt and he didn't, he spent the next 3 days in bed and his back skin came off in one big piece. Nasty!

If you want to come by sometime with your hubby, I'll go over the basics of bottom and spin fishing around here. I have no idea how I'd go about it from a kayak though.

I went snorkling with a guy in Guam once. I wore a tshirt and he didn't, he spent the next 3 days in bed and his back skin came off in one big piece. Nasty!

Had that happen to the backs of my legs. SO painful until the skin peeled off then BLESSED relief....

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
We bass fish at St Mary's and Mattawoman well into
November, I've gone as late as Dec. but it was kinda cold. I'm not saying I catch much....
I guess the kayak bug has bitten you!

Yes, the kayak bug has bitten me. :buddies:

:twitch:

If you want to come by sometime with your hubby, I'll go over the basics of bottom and spin fishing around here. I have no idea how I'd go about it from a kayak though.

Thank you. I will contact you in PM. We'll come over together after I'm healed from sun poison.

Had that happen to the backs of my legs. SO painful until the skin peeled off then BLESSED relief....

You guys are scaring me about peeling skin part.

I was told to get a cotton balls and a bottle of vinegar to rub over my skin. Is that a good idea or bad idea?

Thank you. I will contact you in PM. We'll come over together after I'm healed from sun poison.

I was told to get a cotton balls and a bottle of vinegar to rub over my skin. Is that a good idea or bad idea?

Solarcaine. (sp)

Vinegar will take some of the sting out of it and help ease the pain a bit. Nothing you do will prevent your skin from peeling off. You've burned it and it's dead now.

SoMDGirl42

Interesting............. same thing happened to my ex. Wonder if ya'll know each other? :killingme It was gross.

Interesting............. same thing happened to my ex. Wonder if ya'll know each other? :killingme It was gross.

I doubt it.:lol: This guy got a chewing out on top of it for not being able to report for duty. They almost put him on report. Same trip another guy climbed a coconut tree in his swim suit. Got to the top and decided he was tired and the best thing to do was slide down with his leg wrapped around the tree. He walked like a bull rider for a week.:killingme

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I doubt it.:lol: This guy got a chewing out on top of it for not being able to report for duty. They almost put him on report. Same trip another guy climbed a coconut tree in his swim suit. Got to the top and decided he was tired and the best thing to do was slide down with his leg wrapped around the tree. He walked like a bull rider for a week.:killingme

:killingme