Keep the Antler Hat In The Closet Tomorrow

Shooting is legal as of 6:32 a.m. tomorrow. Don't forget everybody, this Sunday is a legal hunting day too.
Die Bambi Die! :yum: Venison :yum:

Mikeinsmd

huntr1 said:
Shooting is legal as of 6:32 a.m. tomorrow. Don't forget everybody, this Sunday is a legal hunting day too.
Wow!! They opened it to Sundays now too?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Mikeinsmd said:

Poor Bambi....Gots to look over his shoulder on Sunday now....I'm going to stick with Crabbing and Fishin.....They're not as cute as Bambis.... :razz:

huntr1 said:
Would love to put some in the freezer. Anyone got some extra they are looking to offload?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:

They're out there this morning. Nice wakeup call. :blam: :blam: :blam:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Mikeinsmd said:
This will be, if I am not mistaken the 3rd yr. Sunday hunting has been legal and with the way the deer herd is growing around here it is defintely needed.

ylexot

Super Genius
jazz lady said:
They're out there this morning. Nice wakeup call. :blam: :blam: :blam:
:yeahthat: I thought it started earlier since I saw someone out with blaze orange and camo holding a gun as I drove out on Thanksgiving...must have been "setting up".

ylexot said:
:yeahthat: I thought it started earlier since I saw someone out with blaze orange and camo holding a gun as I drove out on Thanksgiving...must have been "setting up".
Exactly... I swear I believe once buck fever sets in, they probably sleep in camo and dayglo orange underoos...:lol:

blacklabman

See page 27 of the regs.

Deer hunting is only permitted on Sunday, 27 Nov, and on private land only. Don't want anybody caught otherwise. Not all counties are included, but the tri-county area (St. Marys', Charles, and Calvert) is included.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Years ago I saw a newspaper photo of a deer hunter with his latest prize. The look on the dead buck's face was chilling. Here's how I imagined the deer's last thoughts: "He may have shot me, but I will have my revenge. By the time the taxidermist is through turning me into a trophy, my face will be frozen into a hideous snarl of hatred and contempt. Year after year I will glower down on him, tormenting his soul. The effect will work best at night, when the fireplace's dying embers will reflect in my eyes, making it look like I'm still alive. Don't go to sleep tonight, kids, or the deer on the wall will get you! Mwahahaha!"

MMDad

Lem Putt
There were four dead within a mile on Rt. 404 (eastern shore) today, with the cars to prove it. I guess the hunters flushed them out, and the drivers killed them. Unfortunately, they were all creamed. On the bright side, the worst damage was a smashed windsield with no injuries.

Some tree hugging chicken kennedy gave me red karma for this thread. Well, FINE! See if I try to keep you people safe again.

MMDad

Lem Putt
huntr1 said:

My wife wouldn't wear her reindeer antlers this morning. :whistle:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I would rather see the deer season extended a few weeks than having hunting on Sundays. It is hard to see property lines in the woods and when we are riding on Sundays on "safe" property, I don't know if the hunters know exactly where they should be. I foresee some accidents ahead. Down in South Carolina a few years ago I was on a Huge grey horse and someone fired shots in our direction - after some cuss words and an apology - they actually thought we were deer - I stopped riding there during hunting season. I agree there is an overpopulation of deer and they need to be reduced. But by responsible, law abiding, regulated hunters.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
HorseLady said:
I would rather see the deer season extended a few weeks than having hunting on Sundays. It is hard to see property lines in the woods and when we are riding on Sundays on "safe" property, I don't know if the hunters know exactly where they should be. I foresee some accidents ahead. Down in South Carolina a few years ago I was on a Huge grey horse and someone fired shots in our direction - after some cuss words and an apology - they actually thought we were deer - I stopped riding there during hunting season. I agree there is an overpopulation of deer and they need to be reduced. But by responsible, law abiding, regulated hunters.

I remember years ago, I was out on a walk at Greenwell with my dog and a friend, along with trail riders on their own. The riders and my group ended up near the Goose Pits and one of the planes did a dive bomb crash about 5 feet in front of the lead horse. Scared the crap out of me and the rider, but the horse stayed relatively calm.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Justanotherjoe said:
Would love to put some in the freezer. Anyone got some extra they are looking to offload?
haha!

My Dad off loaded a nice ham on me before we left their house. I just got done cleaning it up to my liking and cutting it into 2 roasts. I also cut off a nice chunk to make me some jerky:yum:

Mikeinsmd

MMDad said:
There were four dead within a mile on Rt. 404 (eastern shore) today, with the cars to prove it. I guess the hunters flushed them out, and the drivers killed them. Unfortunately, they were all creamed. On the bright side, the worst damage was a smashed windsield with no injuries.
Very common misconception. Deer are in the rut this time of year and are at their most active. Most are struck at night or wee early hours of the am. Both times that are illegal to hunt deer. Not caused by hunters.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Mikeinsmd said:
Very common misconception. Deer are in the rut this time of year and are at their most active. Most are struck at night or wee early hours of the am. Both times that are illegal to hunt deer. Not caused by hunters.

True. This was afternoon, but they were all does. It really F###ed up traffic though. And it was amazing the damage one can do to a honda.