Keeper of the family photos

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nope, not USB. SCSI and I have an old MAC II that I was going to connect to it. I thought that would be easier for her to operate. I know its resolution was pretty high for the times, but I have an all-in-one printer with a better scanner now. That damned thing cost between $200-300 when money was worth something.

You could unload that on one of the Mac Retro Groups on Facebook

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Another suggestion: if you have an Ancestry account, you can upload the pictures and connect/share with other family members. I've seen some of my ancestors whose pictures/portraits I had never seen before. Some of them I actually have the same copies of them, but have never met these other family members. Both my Great and GreatGreat Grandfather's were professional photographers, so there is quite a collection. Some of them don't go that far back. My 12th great grandfather https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Colthurst
Someone bought that for my Mom. She wants to sign in to get started but has been too busy to take the time. She is the best person to get our branch started but at 82 years old I have no idea how much time she has left with the stress she is under due to my Brother's death a few years ago.

LJ1999

Sadly our family branch will stop growing when we die (Mom, me, my son) as there is no one else other than cousins to pass over photos/antiques to.
I am in this same boat. I have all of the photos from my family and just this past weekend, after 5 years of living in boxes in my closet, I finally sorted them. I will be putting them into albums. I have a 6 year old niece on my husbands side, and she wanted to look at the photos. I explained that she didn't know the people. It made me sad to realize there wasn't anyone else to share the photos with and that they would just be thrown away once I am gone.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Someone bought that for my Mom. She wants to sign in to get started but has been too busy to take the time. She is the best person to get our branch started but at 82 years old I have no idea how much time she has left with the stress she is under due to my Brother's death a few years ago.
I signed up 10+ years ago. I haven't yet paid for a membership, but I may do so in the future. I've reached the end of my lines out to the 1500's. Italy and Norway are much, much shorter lines. You do need to dedicate time to sit down and work on it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I signed up 10+ years ago. I haven't yet paid for a membership, but I may do so in the future. I've reached the end of my lines out to the 1500's. Italy and Norway are much, much shorter lines. You do need to dedicate time to sit down and work on it.
exactly on dedicating time which is why she has not started yet

TPD

the poor dad
I am the keeper of the photos in my family. I got a couple thousand of them after my father passed a couple years ago and I was left to clean out the house. I did buy a photo scanner last year and started scanning them to a digital format but I need to sit down with my 2 aunts to help identify most in the photos. Not sure my daughter will be interested once I am gone. As it is, she will have 20,000+ digital photos of mine to decide if she wants to hit the delete button or save them for her kids. At least I have identified people in most of my photos.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Bought the best tool for photo scanning I’ve had yet.

it scans and saves from the negatives.

works great.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My oldest family pictures make me think my ancestors flunked art class.

intro-1654003792.jpg
This is my favorite family photo, going clockwise from the top is my sister Debbie, me, sister Kelly (deceases), Steven, Cindy , David and Elizabeth .

F2533D00-6EE3-48AD-B367-96AE48945DDB.jpeg

NOTSMC

This is my favorite family photo, going clockwise from the top is my sister Debbie, me, sister Kelly (deceases), Steven, Cindy , David and Elizabeth .

View attachment 169843

View attachment 169843
Your brothers and sisters? I love the expression on the little girl bottom row right.