Ken Dixon Honda

princess73

just one of those days...
I bought a new car yesterday and was very impressed with the people at Ken Dixon Honda. Buying a new car is usually a long drawn out time consuming pain in the a$$. It only took me a couple of hours and I was out the door in my new Civic with the real tags already on it. I don't even have to deal with the horrible temp tags! I love my new car and would highly recommend Ken Dixon Honda to anyone that is interested in a new Honda. :biggrin:

Claff

They'd be OK if they didn't

1) slap that big gaudy chrome KEN DIXON on the back of every car on their lot
2) put on that second sticker asking for an extra $1195 or whatever it is "additional dealer markup"

I take my cars to Ken for service but I'll never buy from a dealer that asks for that markup no matter how easily the salesman can say "we'll take that off". They shouldn't have asked in the first place.

Claff said:

The dealerships have to take off their sticker if you tell them to.

somdebay

princess73 said:
I bought a new car yesterday and was very impressed with the people at Ken Dixon Honda. Buying a new car is usually a long drawn out time consuming pain in the a$$. It only took me a couple of hours and I was out the door in my new Civic with the real tags already on it. I don't even have to deal with the horrible temp tags! I love my new car and would highly recommend Ken Dixon Honda to anyone that is interested in a new Honda. :biggrin:

I had horrible dealings with them when trying to get my civic last year. Their price sucked, and when I told them I found a price $2000 less than theirs, they said I was lying. Needless to say I didn't buy a car from them. I went to Browns Honda City in Glen Burnie. They beat everyones price by $2000 and gave me more than anyone else would on my trade-in, an earlier model civic and had me out the door in probably 1 and a half hours.

But Congrats on the new car!

gbuck

Claff said:

2) put on that second sticker asking for an extra $1195 or whatever it is "additional dealer markup"

I take my cars to Ken for service but I'll never buy from a dealer that asks for that markup no matter how easily the salesman can say "we'll take that off". They shouldn't have asked in the first place.

god forbid a business turn a profit

mdgirlie

If you are speaking of Ken Dixon Honda of Waldorf, I wouldn't suggest anyone to go there...EVER! The way that they treated me was terrible. No, this isn't from a single experience. This is from my dealings with them 2 times. Honda of Bowie is 50x better!

Last edited:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Bought my used Expedition from them and soon after I bought it developed a head gasket leak common to the Expedition. They took it in and even sent it to the dealer of my choice for repair at no cost to me. I wouldn't use Waldorf Ford if they were the last dealer on earth. Easier to set truck on fire. Can't say I have any complaints. Purchased two cars from them, new and used with no issues.

2ballscrewball

I think it is a mistake to buy any vehicle in Charles County or Southern Maryland for that matter. They don't do enough business to give you the best prices.

Go across the bridge to northern Virginia to save the extra $500 to $1000.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
2ballscrewball said:
I think it is a mistake to buy any vehicle in Charles County or Southern Maryland for that matter. They don't do enough business to give you the best prices.
You just don't know how to negotiate. :cool:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Claff said:

There are few dealers that give you their "best and final" offer up front. Go in prepared. There are magazines and Consumer Reports (the website) that will give you the dealer's invoice price and also discuss the holdback. Using these resources you can calculate a fair price and YOU make the best and final offer. They'll hem and haw but most dealers will close the deal. Obviously this does not work on car or trucks that are fast movers - ones you might have to place an order for.

Claff

About the dealer stickers - why should I ask them to take something off that shouldn't be there in the first place? The dealer I go to doesn't put anything on the car but license plate frames which I can take care of without worrying about paint underneath.

zimmie

I'd suggest working through..... Carbargains......let them do the negotiations for $190.00...they shop invoice prices for you, and show you your best deal which dealers honor.....I've always been pleased with them.

I was never offered a fair price at Ken Dixon, for anything, but obviously some are satisfied, he sells lots of cars

Claff

BernieP said:
There are few dealers that give you their "best and final" offer up front.

That's the kind of dealership I've bought my last three cars from. From hearing what prices other people have gotten from regular dealerships, we paid about the same as they did for similar vehicles so I'm not complaining. Knockdown-dragout negotiations with car salesmen are for the birds.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I bought my Ridgeline from Ken Dixon Honda in Waldorf in November 2005 and had an excellent experience. Most negotiations were completed before ever visiting a dealer, via their various Internet Departments. Ken Dixon was right in the middle as far as price and it wasn't worth driving further after they offered me slightly more than I expected on my trade-in vehicle.

I will definitely return as long as this Honda lives up to their reputation for quality and longevity. So far, so good! :yay:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
2ballscrewball said:

Go across the bridge to northern Virginia to save the extra $500 to $1000.

I agree.

I tried looking at Civics back in 2002 and I couldn't get salesman to approach me. I don't like the idea of dressing spiffy to attract inexperienced salesmen.

breakdancejones

NO chance lance

As we all know, it is not the purchase of the car that hurts, it is the maintainance. KEN DIXON is one of the worst places I have ever had to deal with for maintainance. I took my Chevy there for one issue, when I left not only was the error not fixed, but I had a brand NEW problem. This happened 3 more times. On the last repair, they scratched the paint on the door jam, and when I brought it up, the tech just looked at it and said, "that wasnt there before?" I almost killed him. The work on my car was not finished TWICE and was passed off as "done". YET the caddilac's were all shined up and ready to go.... I still have the paint damage, and am so hesitant to go back fearing that more of my car would be damaged in the process of the "repair". Steer clear.