Ken Hobar????

Goldenhawk

Not previously being aware of this Hobar character, I had to look him up on FB. Clearly the guy has a major bone to pick with Mike Evans. And quite a few other Calvert politicians. Seems like he's made it his life's task to make their life miserable. Think I'll stay far, far away from him.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not previously being aware of this Hobar character, I had to look him up on FB. Clearly the guy has a major bone to pick with Mike Evans. And quite a few other Calvert politicians. Seems like he's made it his life's task to make their life miserable. Think I'll stay far, far away from him.
Kind of reminds me of the goofball with the radon complaint.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And now a friend request from "Milton Hobar"... Yep, same whack-a-doodle. Deleted AND blocked. Just how many FB accounts does he HAVE? :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I received a Friend Request from him a month or so ago...LOL
...and he hit up our business page. Posted some nasty crap on a random post we had just posted. I shut that down real quick. Deleted the post, reported him and blocked him super fast. Idiot.

frequentflier

happy to be living
...and he hit up our business page. Posted some nasty crap on a random post we had just posted. I shut that down real quick. Deleted the post, reported him and blocked him super fast. Idiot.
Yes, he "commented" with a vile photo on our business page showing dogs coming for our adoption event. Fortunately, I saw it right away.

NextJen

Raisin cane
From the Calvert County Sheriff's Office (FB Page):

Ken Hobar Sentenced to Jail for Stalking

The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office would like to inform the public that Kenneth M. Hobar, the individual known to our community for Facebook impersonations, fake Facebook/social media profiles, antagonizing posts to local businesses, churches, and community organizations, etc. has been apprehended and is currently incarcerated.

A condition of Hobar’s probation is to have no contact with Sheriff Evans and not to post any more items on social media regarding the Sheriff. If the public should see any evidence of malicious posts for the next year, please contact the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office at (410) 535-2800.

Goldenhawk

...was sentenced to 89 days in jail and one year probation following his incarceration.

A condition of Hobar’s probation is to have no contact with Sheriff Evans and not to post any more items on social media regarding the Sheriff.

Yeah. Okay, so in 90 days he'll be right back to his annoying posting about everything OTHER than the Sheriff.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yeah. Okay, so in 90 days he'll be right back to his annoying posting about everything OTHER than the Sheriff.

But!

Hobar appeared in the Citrus County Fifth Judicial Circuit Court on November 13, 2019 where he was facing trial. Sheriff Evans was present in court to testify at the sentencing. Hobar was found guilty for the Stalking charge and was sentenced to 89 days in jail and one year probation following his incarceration.

A condition of Hobar’s probation is to have no contact with Sheriff Evans and not to post any more items on social media regarding the Sheriff. If the public should see any evidence of malicious posts for the next year, please contact the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office at (410) 535-2800.

Goldenhawk

My point was that the probation conditions only refer to posting about the Sheriff. There are plenty of other annoying things he is perfectly free to resume in three months.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

From the Calvert County Sheriff's Office (FB Page):

Ken Hobar Sentenced to Jail for Stalking

The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office would like to inform the public that Kenneth M. Hobar, the individual known to our community for Facebook impersonations, fake Facebook/social media profiles, antagonizing posts to local businesses, churches, and community organizations, etc. has been apprehended and is currently incarcerated.

It appears the Sheriff is of thin skin.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Given the concrete but unfounded allegations this nut kept posting, I can see why he took legal action. This wasnt someone disagreeing with the sheriff on traffic stops or criticizing a political position the sheriff has taken.

I am surprised the FL courts followed through with this.
And the fact that he has been doing this for years all over other peoples Facebook accounts, too.