Kerr Lake or Lake Gaston ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Anybody vacationed at either of these lakes ? The past few years we have been taking our boat and spending one of our week vacations within driving distance of home at a lake , Deep Creek Lake was great 2 yrs in row ( but the fishing wasn't the best ) but we were thinking of trying somewhere different this summer , anybody been to Kerr Lake or Lake Gaston or perhaps recommend another lake within say ... an 8 hour drive or so ? TIA for any and all info ! :patriot:

smc33

Lake Gaston

I have gone down there for years. It is beautiful and laid back. Its a nice get-away, considering the closest real town or huge shopping centers are around an hour away. It has changed over the years though, a lot more really expensive houses. There are definitely some nice places to rent though.

SeaRide

I've been to Smith Mountain, Gaston, Buggs-Kerr, Moomaw, Lake Anna, Deep Creek, Chesdin, and Chickahominy. :coffee:

Between Kerr and Gaston, I think Gaston would be better for your family vacation or for fishing. The waterlevel at Gaston would fluctuate between 2 feet compare to Kerr waterlevel fluctuating more than 10 to 15 feet. Been to Kerr many times where the water is above some bridges, roads, campgrounds and boat launch ramps etc.