Kerry film to air

Pete

Repete
jlabsher said:
Guess what folks, the theaters are full of paying customers. The airwaves are owned by the people, therefore the airwaves (as a requirement of getting their license) are required to present equal time to each candidate. http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/E/htmlE/equaltimeru/equaltimeru.htm

This law dates back to 1927. Sinclair would be in clear violation of federal law were this show to air.
I agree about the differences in public airwaves and private movie theaters. Wouldn't it be great if the libs who were doing the "If you don't like it turn the channel, freedom of speech" crap during the Stern debates got served a cold dish of "Eat this"

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
Divide $119,078,393 by $7 (if the average admission is $7 - I think it is probably much higher) and you get 17,011,199 paid admissions. That is about 7% of the population and many people interviewed about the film said they had seen it multiple times which makes the number of viewers even smaller.
You have to remember that this is a documentary movie, not much interest in documentaries for the American public. Also remember that this is a political motivated documentary, not much interest in politics in the general American public atleast for movie watching. I think most Americans would rather watch such films as Elf or Big daddy for kicks and laughs or better yet The Bourne Supremacy for some star studded action.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3845597.stm Take a ponder at this if you will.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
You have to remember that this is a documentary movie, not much interest in documentaries for the American public.
I'm going to let someone else smack you in the head for that stupid statement. I just don't have the energy right now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
I'm going to let someone else smack you in the head for that stupid statement. I just don't have the energy right now.
:huggy: Don't you think most of the dumbed down Americans would rather see Elf than a documentary?

SmallTown

Football season!
BuddyLee said:
You have to remember that this is a documentary movie, not much interest in documentaries for the American public. Also remember that this is a political motivated documentary, not much interest in politics in the general American public atleast for movie watching. I think most Americans would rather watch such films as Elf or Big daddy for kicks and laughs or better yet The Bourne Supremacy for some star studded action.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3845597.stm Take a ponder at this if you will.
Yes my son. And with a limited set of theatres, it did quite well:

"First weekend numbers were under-estimated. The actual numbers were $23,920,637 for an average of $27,558 per theater. That puts Fahrenheit 9/11 as among the top five movies, of any kind, ever made, in terms of top gross per theater in the first weekend-- and the top movie that ran in under 1000 theaters. "

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
SmallTown said:
"First weekend numbers were under-estimated. The actual numbers were $23,920,637 for an average of $27,558 per theater. That puts Fahrenheit 9/11 as among the top five movies, of any kind, ever made, in terms of top gross per theater in the first weekend-- and the top movie that ran in under 1000 theaters. "
And those numbers don't make the movie accurate. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
St...

...FH 9/11 did FABULOUS for documentaries but that is a caveat; for a documentary. FH is NOT a documentary by any stretch and Moore has made that clear numerous times; it's his opinions.

Bruz makes the point; I never heard of that elf movie and it did better. 9/11 is given status far in excess of it's commercial success.

The goal was achieved; Moore fleeced his followers as well as any TV evangelist could ever hope and the fame and money make him into the star he sought to be.

I can think of no better poster child for the modern liberal.

SmallTown

Football season!
Larry Gude said:
...FH 9/11 did FABULOUS for documentaries but that is a caveat; for a documentary. FH is NOT a documentary by any stretch and Moore has made that clear numerous times; it's his opinions.

Bruz makes the point; I never heard of that elf movie and it did better. 9/11 is given status far in excess of it's commercial success.

The goal was achieved; Moore fleeced his followers as well as any TV evangelist could ever hope and the fame and money make him into the star he sought to be.

I can think of no better poster child for the modern liberal.

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
You are kidding aren't you? If not, you have got a lot of research to do.
Nope. It was promoted to be a documentary and it is. The facts in the documentary can certainly be debated and I'm sure some are false.

A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=documentary

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
I've changed my mind. Until you grow up, I don't think there is any hope for you.
And until you open your mind instead of thinking in only one spectrum there is no hope for you. What as a republican does it do for you to deny this as a documentary? That's what it is. Most of his theories are false but it's a documentary nonetheless. This is just one reason I will not commit to one party or the other. I don't believe everything they defend themselves to be and I don't believe everything thing either one stands for.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
And until you open your mind instead of thinking in only one spectrum there is no hope for you. What as a republican does it do for you to deny this as a documentary? That's what it is. Most of his theories are false but it's a documentary nonetheless. This is just one reason I will not commit to one party or the other. I don't believe everything they defend themselves to be and I don't believe everything thing either one stands for.
It is a "documentary" in name only. That is the problem. You accept this crap as fact. It is not.

Main Entry: 1doc·u·men·ta·ry
Pronunciation: "dä-ky&-'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
Function: adjective
1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>
- doc·u·men·tar·i·ly /-m&n-'ter-&-lE, -"men-/ adverb

The key words here are FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE which this piece of fiction certainly was not.

You do NOT want to mess with me little boy; you will not win.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't think it is much of a problem if Moore wants to call his creation a documentary film or whatever. By definition a documentary film is a motion picture that shapes and interprets factual material for purposes of education or entertainment.

Moore took actual footage and shaped it to fit his twisted interpretation. Only those that do not keep up on the ongoings in the world or that do not know of Moore's dislike of the President would consider his creation as anything but spin designed to do harm.

Those that hate Bush for being Bush sing its praise while all others know it for the crap that it is. The only people it could possibly sway are those that wouldn't vote for Bush in the first place.