Kerry the Vet....part 1

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ken King
BTW I don’t own Nikes either, never have and probably never will. Nothing to do with where they were made or by whom, it is more of not buying into fads.

Not a fad. The Nike Air Max shoe was the most comfortable basketball shoe out there when I was playing all the time. I went through pair after pair of them. My co-worked who used to run track swore by the Air Max running shoes for comfort.

Anyways, carry on with the discussion at hand, but if you are into any sporting activities I suggest trying out a pair of Nikes! :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by valentino
Making more enemies is a way to protect our future??? Since when?

Let me give you another scenario that is closer to home. Lets just pretend that you are simple Iraqi citizen with no thoughts of jihad or anything just as that and an american tank shoots a hole in your house and kills your whole family. Now whether you agree with Sadaam or not, are you going to just be okay with that? My point is that Iraqi people are for the most part just like us and they deserve the respect that we expect everyday.

BTW, Iraq was not a credible threat and the Taliban and their followers had nothing to to with Iraq before we invaded it. They are only there now because of course, they still hate us.

I am all for defending our coutry and a credible threat. I agreed with going to get Bin Laden and his "army", which of course we never finished that job, but Iraq was just a war that we thought we could win...obviously that was not the case. If we are truly there to help the people, there are many other coutries need a lot more help than Iraq.

800 plus American soldiers have died since major fighting has ended in Iraq and what freedom from fear have we gained, there seems to be more worry now than ever before about someone wanting to kill us in whatever way they can...???
What new enemies have we made? Aren’t we simply shaking them out of the rug they have been hiding in like the fleas they are? We are seeing more because we are looking for them, not ignoring them.

Justify your scenario please? How many times has this happened? Sure most Iraqi people want to get back to their lives. Problem here is that we aren’t dealing with most Iraqis; we’re dealing with fanatics, loyalists, and criminals.

You say Iraq wasn’t a credible threat, well excuse me if you are in disagreement with the vast majority of our elected representatives that authorized the President to act. They saw him as a greater threat in 2002 then he was when a previous President used force upon them.

And just to bring you up on recent news, we are still looking for bin Laden. We haven’t left there and probably won’t for a while. Look at the hole we found Saddam in and then think of the rugged vastness of Afghanistan and the help that bin Laden is getting, now do you think it is really that simple?

Finally, to your last comments. The losses are only at 858 since combat started and 720 since major action ended (facts are easy to locate). This includes all deaths whether combat or non-combat. I think we are safer by taking the fight to them instead of waiting for them to poke our vulnerable underbelly. As to the worry you say exists maybe I am blind but I don’t see it. It looks to me that for the most part we are going about our lives as we normally would. If it does exist as you see it could it be that more people have pulled their heads out of the sand and see that we are not immune to terrorists, thus worrying more about it?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
Not a fad. The Nike Air Max shoe was the most comfortable basketball shoe out there when I was playing all the time. I went through pair after pair of them. My co-worked who used to run track swore by the Air Max running shoes for comfort.

Anyways, carry on with the discussion at hand, but if you are into any sporting activities I suggest trying out a pair of Nikes! :biggrin:
Are they the preferred footwear of the urban thugs too? :lmao: Reference to fad relates to trends over the years where many buy "Name Brands" for implied status versus function. If they are good b-ball shoes fine. Haven't been on a court since 1981 and I think I was still sporting an old set of Converse High-tops.

Spoiled

New Balance is made in vietnam as well... That isnt the point though...

As for thinking bush masterminded some massive 9-11 coverup, i never said or alluded to this i honestly think the signs where there and it could have been prevented but we all know hindsight is 20/20... I dont think any decent person would allow that even to happen, including bush... I dont think bush has masterminded any coverups, or had any evil plans... I feel its the people behind him: cheney, rumsfeld, wulfwitz, ashcroft.... He is just a puppet, hell how many people have managed to choke on a pretzel? As for new enemies, we havent made any but we have lost support from the international community as well as creditbility... The UN, Europe, Middle East, many muslims in general (now we openly support israel over palestine and we have ##### owned 2 sovergn muslim nations and redone their governments) have lost sight of many good things that this nation does do, and instead view he vast ammount of negative things we do. Instead of watching late night commedy they just watch our president, the "most powerful man in the world" make an ass of himself when he opens his mouth, rapeing the english language more than i do as im posting on the internet.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Spoiled
…As for new enemies, we havent made any but we have lost support from the international community as well as creditbility... The UN, Europe, Middle East, many muslims in general (now we openly support israel over palestine and we have ##### owned 2 sovergn muslim nations and redone their governments) have lost sight of many good things that this nation does do, and instead view he vast ammount of negative things we do. Instead of watching late night commedy they just watch our president, the "most powerful man in the world" make an ass of himself when he opens his mouth, rapeing the english language more than i do as im posting on the internet.
See you agree, no new enemies. International credibility? It seems that there are only a few nations that have any credibility. You know, those enforcing the UN resolutions on this matter. Also, in case you didn’t notice, the UN just approved a new resolution concerning Iraq and more international action to help them get going on their own. Also, we have been supporting Israel openly for probably longer then you have been alive, where have you been? All I can say about your last thought is that you are right; you sure do “rape” the language. Have you ever thought about writing on a word processor and cutting it to post?

Spoiled

See you agree, no new enemies. International credibility? It seems that there are only a few nations that have any credibility. You know, those enforcing the UN resolutions on this matter. Also, in case you didn’t notice, the UN just approved a new resolution concerning Iraq and more international action to help them get going on their own. Also, we have been supporting Israel openly for probably longer then you have been alive, where have you been? All I can say about your last thought is that you are right; you sure do “rape” the language. Have you ever thought about writing on a word processor and cutting it to post?
supporting israel by vetoing security ocuncil resoultions? just because we are a hedgemon doesnt make us right, it seems many people seem to forget this thus we run off and do our own thing which makes many nations not want to deal with us thus making us lose credibility... and as for the spell check and what not: im doing 2 other things now, on top of that, you can understand my points, even if you do or dont agree....

Ken King

PREMO Member
supporting israel by vetoing security ocuncil resoultions? just because we are a hedgemon doesnt make us right, it seems many people seem to forget this thus we run off and do our own thing which makes many nations not want to deal with us thus making us lose credibility... and as for the spell check and what not: im doing 2 other things now, on top of that, you can understand my points, even if you do or dont agree....
No, it’s not by vetoing resolutions, though we do that a lot; it’s by direct monetary and material support. How do you think they can afford to build state settlements in Palestine and maintain their military hardware inventory at the same time? Bingo, that’s it, we give it to them (plus lots of other funding).

Yeah, I understand most of the butchering in your posts, but you see I’ve already gone through this stage with my children and was trying to suggest a way for you to communicate with those that might not have mastered this feat yet.

Spoiled

No, it’s not by vetoing resolutions, though we do that a lot; it’s by direct monetary and material support. How do you think they can afford to build state settlements in Palestine and maintain their military hardware inventory at the same time? Bingo, that’s it, we give it to them (plus lots of other funding).

Yeah, I understand most of the butchering in your posts, but you see I’ve already gone through this stage with my children and was trying to suggest a way for you to communicate with those that might not have mastered this feat yet.
what ever, we do directly support them, and bush has done more so since they have started fighting yet again, and this along with my other points has angered many muslims. Who needs propaganda when you have Abu Ghraib?

Ken King

PREMO Member
what ever, we do directly support them, and bush has done more so since they have started fighting yet again, and this along with my other points has angered many muslims. Who needs propaganda when you have Abu Ghraib?
More then whom? It has been fairly stable at about $3 billion a year in hardware, Congress hasn't dramatically increased that funding for several years now.

With what other points? You hate Bush and his team, BFD, lot's of people do. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do to remove Saddam.

Abu Ghraib, hah? The number one reason that the US is looked down upon by non-Israeli Middle Easterners isn't the trivial matters that grab our headlines like the prison fiasco, it is the Palestinian Question. Until this is resolved there is no need for propaganda.

Spoiled

More then whom? It has been fairly stable at about $3 billion a year in hardware, Congress hasn't dramatically increased that funding for several years now.

With what other points? You hate Bush and his team, BFD, lot's of people do. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do to remove Saddam.

Abu Ghraib, hah? The number one reason that the US is looked down upon by non-Israeli Middle Easterners isn't the trivial matters that grab our headlines like the prison fiasco, it is the Palestinian Question. Until this is resolved there is no need for propaganda.
We are supporting them in the UN, again we have vetoed several resolutions in the security council that condemn some of their acts

C

czygvtwkr

Sending a nasty memo has more fallout than any decision the UN has ever made, who cares.

Ken King

PREMO Member
We are supporting them in the UN, again we have vetoed several resolutions in the security council that condemn some of their acts
I agreed we do that a lot, but show me where Bush has vetoed more resolutions on Israel then another President. That is the way it has always been, it's historic. Hell, we even let them kill some of our sailors and have never had them account for that. No one is arguing that.......