Kevins

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll go to Jerry's and pay their price, or go to Courtney's.. at least I know there it isn't frozen pre-packaged food.

Courtney's is a disgusting filth pit. I don't know how you can even say their gross name in the same sentence as Jerry's.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, they've been open a while now, thought we would try Kevin's again. Coating on my onion rings was tasty, onions themselves not so much. Wifes shrimp, okay at best. like the fires that came with the entrees, just not a lot of flavor. Fries seemed more like what comes out of a huge freezer bag. My BLT was good, and the crab dip was tasty, but the pita chips that came with it didn't seem fresh.

Overall, disappointing, we wont be bothering again.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Okay... I have a new favorite fish. (Let me preface this by saying that I'd rather eat croaker than rockfish.)

My wife and I went to Kevin's last evening, and he had snakehead as one of his fresh catches. Well, I had to give it a try so I ordered it blackened. Oh dear Lord it was heaven on a plate. It was served in thick strips. The meat was white, firm not flaky, and had a mild flavor. Seriously, if it had been steamed, you could have dipped it in drawn butter and eaten it like monkfish or lobster. My wife preferred it to the flounder stuffed with crab imperial she ordered.

I asked Kevin two questions. 1) Was it locally sourced, and 2) was it going to be a regular item on the menu? His answer to both was yes. He said he has five different sources for snakehead lined up which he hopes will keep the prices reasonable.

So, if you go to Kevin's and are looking for something different, try the snakehead.

Blister

I tried Snakehead for the first time a few months ago at The Foxy Fish. They offered it fried, broiled, or blackened. Got it broiled, nice firm flesh, good texture, but almost completely tasteless. I am sure it would be much better blackened. It is a nice meaty blank canvas, with the right seasoning it's probably very good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had it the first time at Blue Dog in Port Tobacco - very tasty! It was like gator, only not as fishy tasting. Like Blister said, it's a nice meaty blank canvas. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My wife preferred it to the flounder stuffed with crab imperial she ordered.

Huh..that's what I had at Morris Point last evening.

Great review on the snakehead....been wanting to try it myself for along time and keep hearing how good it is.