Key Bridge Collapse In Baltimore

Chopticon64

yup you are right and I am wrong. Let me get up off my ass now so I can take me beating from you.
Evidently, considering the number of posters scolding me, you don’t just “sit on your ass”, my apologies.

But, it just burns me up seeing posts assuming nothing is happening in a situation when people have been working 24x7 to get it resolved.

Chopticon64

A temporary channel is about to be opened for ships

black dog

Free America
A temporary channel is about to be opened for ships

Hay Dipsh!t, what "Ship" has less than an 11 ft draft?

The opening of the temporary channel is the first step in a phased approach to opening the main channel back up again. The temporary channel will be marked with government lighted aids to navigation and will have a controlling depth of 11 feet, a 264-foot horizontal clearance, and vertical clearance 96 feet.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hay Dipsh!t, what "Ship" has less than an 11 ft draft?

The opening of the temporary channel is the first step in a phased approach to opening the main channel back up again. The temporary channel will be marked with government lighted aids to navigation and will have a controlling depth of 11 feet, a 264-foot horizontal clearance, and vertical clearance 96 feet.
It's mostly so the coast guard can get to both sides of the bridge instead of having security boats on both sides.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not sure what reality you live in. How you logistically think a place like Southern Maryland works without private vehicles.

Zoning Laws are being changed to restrict building outside of certain areas, upping the population density in others, then forcing people to move closer

glhs837

Power with Control

Man, that's some logical leaping there. One woman claiming unnamed sources is now hard confirmation of a thing. And the company saying they didn't do anything wrong is pretty much the opening position of any company accused of anything ever. If I recall correctly, we were supposed to be looking for a wave of follow-up attacks that were going to take advantage of the chaos confused by this one. Those didn't happen did they?

WingsOfGold

Watched Dementia Joe............ "My father was a waterman on the bay"! How much bullshit can one have?????

Biden's father had been wealthy and the family purchased a home in the affluent Long Island suburb of Garden City in the fall of 1946,[9] but he suffered business setbacks around the time Biden was seven years old,[10][11][12] and for several years the family lived with Biden's maternal grandparents in Scranton.[13] Scranton fell into economic decline during the 1950s and Biden's father could not find steady work.[14] Beginning in 1953 when Biden was ten,[15] the family lived in an apartment in Claymont, Delaware, before moving to a house in nearby Mayfield.[16][17][11][13] Biden Sr. later became a successful used-car salesman, maintaining the family in a middle-class lifestyle.[13][14][18]

Last edited:

PJay

Screenshot_20240406-105703.jpg

Salmon

I really think it is bad public policy to rebuild that bridge. First, we are in a climate emergency. Second, we should be investing instead in mass transportation projects. A bridge will only encourage people to continue taking their own means of transportation.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I really think it is bad public policy to rebuild that bridge. First, we are in a climate emergency. Second, we should be investing instead in mass transportation projects. A bridge will only encourage people to continue taking their own means of transportation.
So with this so called climate emergency you want the large dirty semi-trucks (many hauling hazardous material) driving further and spewing more pollutants.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I got a friend on a cruise out of Baltimore, any guesses where the boat will dock now? Maybe Norfolk, VA.?
Check with the cruise line, they can switch to another port or just cancel.
The only thing for sure is it won't be Baltimore.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Man, that's some logical leaping there. One woman claiming unnamed sources is now hard confirmation of a thing. And the company saying they didn't do anything wrong is pretty much the opening position of any company accused of anything ever. If I recall correctly, we were supposed to be looking for a wave of follow-up attacks that were going to take advantage of the chaos confused by this one. Those didn't happen did they?
I just shake my head at the "conspiracy" theories. Oh, and you can bet the company is going to get blasted in the report.
The good news is they dug up some ancient Maritime Law thing so they are financially protected.
One of the first reports did indicate the ship had experienced maintenance issues.
Can we say, they were told to meet schedule and not waste time trying to find a problem and fix it?
That problem probably being in the back up power system.
Which would fall in line with the visual evidence of the black smoke (from diesel generators starting and the lights coming on and going off.

glhs837

Power with Control

So whos going to load the HAZMAT onto busses? So, I used that bridge on regular trips to Langhorne PA from here. What form of transportation should I have used. Bus up to DC, then train to Philly, then bus out to Langhorne. Turning what was 3.5 hours each way into six or better?

See, that's the thing about public transportation. Its massively inefficient getting people where they want/need to go.

Tell, where do you live, where do you work? What does your personal transportation situation look like?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
First, we are in a climate emergency.

Put down the crack pipe and step back there is NO Climate Emergency

If you think their is you and your kind [ environmentalist extremists ] you need to step up and stop burdening the planet and move to Canada for the Healthcare Options and Delete yourself