kids in diapers in public

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Ken King
That will be the day, :lmao: maybe I'll just call you Christine (not Chris or Chrissy).

What ya do, look me up on the internet? 'Cuz I know I never posted my first name here.

And as a child I was called Crissy. Notice the spelling. That was because my aunt, who was 5 yrs old when I was born, had a doll by that name. I was named after a doll! :rolleyes: The only people left that use that name are cousins I see once a year at most and my brother uses it when he wants something from me. (He doesn't even notice when he does it.) It took me three years to leave that name behind once I'd decided I'd outgrown it and another 15 years to get new aquaintances to stop calling me Chris. I don't get it, are people so lazy they can't use two syllables? Can't write 4 extra letters?

Ok, I'm done ranting for now.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cmcdanal
What ya do, look me up on the internet? 'Cuz I know I never posted my first name here.

And as a child I was called Crissy. Notice the spelling. That was because my aunt, who was 5 yrs old when I was born, had a doll by that name. I was named after a doll! :rolleyes: The only people left that use that name are cousins I see once a year at most and my brother uses it when he wants something from me. (He doesn't even notice when he does it.) It took me three years to leave that name behind once I'd decided I'd outgrown it and another 15 years to get new aquaintances to stop calling me Chris. I don't get it, are people so lazy they can't use two syllables? Can't write 4 extra letters?

Ok, I'm done ranting for now.
I looked it up a while ago when you discussed the unique spelling of your last name. I remembered it for two reasons. First, I have a daughter named Christine (not Christina that many seem to confuse her name with, bet you get that too). Second, your hubby's name is Steve(n) and I connected that with Steve and Christy that also post; who BTW share last names with me.

Dymphna

Originally posted by Ken King
I have a daughter named Christine (not Christina that many seem to confuse her name with, bet you get that too).

Christina, Kristen, Christy, I get it all. Maybe that's why they want to shorten it, so they don't have to figure out which one I said when they weren't paying attention.

RodRugg

When I was little my grandma used to push me around the grocery cart buck naked and she would give me a frozen TV dinner to eat while she shopped. I think it must have been illegal because the grocery store manager told my grandma not to come back anymore. My grandma hated that grocery store and used to pray every night that God would strike that manager dead.

babymark

I don't see anything wrong with kidds wearing only their diapers in public! They are kids, let them be who they are. Even the hot dog thing isn't a big deal. I wish I could go walking around the grocery store in only a diaper and t-shirt eating a raw hot dog, too, unfortunately, they would probably kick me out.

H

Heretic

Ever think that other people dont want chewed up raw hotdog on the food they buy? Generally grocery stores are for purchasing food that you take home to eat.

dum_blonde

Mom used to let us eat chips or candy when she was grocery shopping but, self-conscious at a young age, I always felt like everybody in the store was glaring at me for eating unpaid for food...

And they were! It was you guys! BTW, it is completely not stealing, and is worth the look on the cashier's face as they scan the empty Snickers wrapper.

Dymphna

Originally posted by dum_blonde
BTW, it is completely not stealing, and is worth the look on the cashier's face as they scan the empty Snickers wrapper.

The look of contempt? :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are lots of times that I go grocery shopping and forget to bring a pen so I can cross off the items on my list. So I head to the stationary section, pick up a pack of pens, open it and use one. When I get to the checkout, I just hand the clerk the package and she scans it.

Is that stealing, too? :shrug:

H

Heretic

Someone made the arguement against putting pants on their kids because they may mess them....ok on the other hand their turds and pee come out of their diaper onto the buggy seat....guess what if you sit your kid in that seat they are sitting in the turds and pee of other kids....nice eh?

Use to work in a grocery store in college and this woman one day came into the office irate because she sat her purse down in a turd, was pretty funny.

H

Heretic

Hmmm so if i forget to put on deoderant I can grab a tube off the store shelf and put some on in the store as long as I pay for it......cool!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Typically I get a fountain soda as soon as I walk in, then drink it while I shop. They just ring it up when I get to the checkout. The key here is that you PAY for it.

Dymphna

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Typically I get a fountain soda as soon as I walk in, then drink it while I shop. They just ring it up when I get to the checkout. The key here is that you PAY for it.

Fountain sodas are different, they are practically begging you to drink those in the store. Now if you went back repeatedly and filled up, that's another story.

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
I worked in a store. People do fill up their sodas multiple times. One time a women brought a half eaten banana up, Wanted me to weight it and ring it up.. I went right over and got a whole banana and rang that up. she got pizzed..Some people..

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by cmcdanal
Fountain sodas are different, they are practically begging you to drink those in the store. Now if you went back repeatedly and filled up, that's another story.

A smart store manager wouldn't say a word if done a couple times, used to have a biz in the 80s and I had a soda fountain, charged 50 cents for a 16 oz cup of soda and never charged on refills. A 16 oz cup, ice and the soda cost me about 4 cents. A refill was a little over 2 cents and I didn't buy in the bulk that a store would. Soda fountains make killer profits.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
I worked in a store. People do fill up their sodas multiple times. One time a women brought a half eaten banana up, Wanted me to weight it and ring it up.. I went right over and got a whole banana and rang that up. she got pizzed..Some people..
:lmao: :lmao: