Kobe Bryant

Grumpy

Someone captured the chopper going down and crashing, with the their cell phone....it was spinning wildly and dropping fast before it finally hit the ground and exploded.
Officemate just showed me a vid like that..but from my understanding, it was foggy as hell. Heard a woman yesterday that said she heard the chopper failing as it flew over her house, then a crash. She said she couldn't see the crash area for 30 minutes because of the fog. The vid I saw was way too clear for what I understood the weather conditions to be. You could be right, vid could have been from a different vantage point, I don't know.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Officemate just showed me a vid like that..but from my understanding, it was foggy as hell. Heard a woman yesterday that said she heard the chopper failing as it flew over her house, then a crash. She said she couldn't see the crash area for 30 minutes because of the fog. The vid I saw was way too clear for what I understood the weather conditions to be. You could be right, vid could have been from a different vantage point, I don't know.

If it was not a video of this crash, it would not be the first time someone posted up bogus footage.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Someone captured the chopper going down and crashing, with the their cell phone....it was spinning wildly and dropping fast before it finally hit the ground and exploded.
Haven't seen that footage yet, but have to wonder what happened to cause that?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
All aircraft have flight data recorders, correct? Between that data and ATC records it should clear up all the speculation. I would NOT believe any video that claims to be of the incident given the accounts of many regarding the weather and visibility.

Midnightrider

All aircraft have flight data recorders, correct? Between that data and ATC records it should clear up all the speculation. I would NOT believe any video that claims to be of the incident given the accounts of many regarding the weather and visibility.
the NTSB team lead indicated they would find out if that Helo had a black box once they got on scene. So i guess not.

I did see the radar track and heard the comms to air traffic control. Everything seemed normal until they lost contact.

Toxick

Splat
You started this thread...allowed nothing but rumor and supposition to be posted (I heard this....I heard that...NONE of it verified)...THEN you complain about the media not getting the story straight.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious....

This place isn't a media source. It's an informal forum where people get together and chat about various topics - including rumors.

That may come as a bit of a surprise to you, since the only thing you do here is snipe at everyone with your salt and foam-flecked vitriol - but nobody here claims to be journalists, and are not bound by the etiquette of journalistic integrity. We're just chatting.

The media, however, presents itself as an objective, non-biased, thorough bastion of journalistic integrity - where the questions, Who? What? Where? When? and Why? are paramount - so we get to crap on them, when they prove, time and again, that they are nothing but a sensationalistic, propaganda machine, where influence and scooping the competition are a distant front-runner ahead of integrity or objectivity.

Worse yet, you bitch and moan constantly that you don't give two squats about celebrities!!!

There's a big difference between not giving two squats about celebrities, and not having empathy for human beings that perish in a fiery explosion. Especially when one of those human beings is known for (among other things) generosity and giving back to the community.

WTF is wrong with you people?? Just wait for the confirmation or the police news conference...the news won't make any difference to you or your lives anyway.

Yeah - but this is an informal forum where people get together and chat about various topics.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
One witness interviewed said he heard the engine sputtering, a crash and then a few seconds later an explosion. He said visibility was low.

Another witness in a different article claims visibility was fine and the engine sounded normal.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
OK..I confirmed that the video I saw being posted several places this morning was actually a crash that occurred in UAE. In digging that up I did see that there are some videos of the helicopter Bryant was in but they are almost impossible to make out due to the heavy fog..

stgislander

PREMO Member
TWC was really focusing on the magnesium fire that erupted and the science of putting one out.

Ahhh the old Class D(elta) fire. I still remember my REFTRA well.

Had a friend, chief test pilot for my company. Back in the day, I used to perform all the maint/repair on his scuba gear. He was ferrying an old plane from NY to CT. Something happened, plane went down. Engine was magnesium. He had no chance.

MiddleGround

You really are something spitbubble!!

You started this thread...allowed nothing but rumor and supposition to be posted (I heard this....I heard that...NONE of it verified)...THEN you complain about the media not getting the story straight.

Worse yet, you bitch and moan constantly that you don't give two squats about celebrities!!!

WTF is wrong with you people?? Just wait for the confirmation or the police news conference...the news won't make any difference to you or your lives anyway.

Sorry but.... this is 100% truth. :lmao:

And, the followers support it. Hopefully, the class bell will ring and the kids will get to their seats :yay:

MiddleGround

Pssst...Vrai didn't start the thread. Bunch o' crybabies. :lol:

Which doesn't make the point any less true :whistle:

And why did tranny quote itself?

tinfoil_hat_1200.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One witness interviewed said he heard the engine sputtering, a crash and then a few seconds later an explosion. He said visibility was low.

Another witness in a different article claims visibility was fine and the engine sounded normal.

Exactly.

Hijinx

What hell is wrong with someone even with a professional pilot doing taking off into the fog in a helicopter.
For a stinking assed baball practice?
Come on, that was dumb, really dumb for the others to get on that thing.

Another thing. I know Kobe Bryant is a celebrity but 24/7 news? uh uh.