Kudos To President Trump

littlelady

God bless the USA
My youngest son got a very nice note in the mail. He graduated from high school this past Spring and now he received a commemorative note from the White House regarding his graduation. I really don’t know how he made the cut but he was really excited to receive it. He’s in the process of writing a thank you letter to mail back to the White House. This was not only a very special gesture on the part of President Trump, it was very nice. So, Kudos To President Trump!

Awesome!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No. Nothing special. He was just a "regular" graduate. He was in an Engineering program at the Tech Center where he earned a semester's worth of college credits during high school and he was involved with building and programming drones and took part in drone competitions. But beyond that, there's wasn't anything super special. I thought maybe it was something that all of last year's grads got from the White House but from talking to some of the fellow parents, that's not the case.

Pretty special recognition then, I'd say! And I wouldn't call that level of achievement "nothing special"; seems to be rare enough these days. ;-)

Kudos to your son!

;-)

nutz

Obama.jpg
Yeah. Nice stamp signature. :bigwhoop:

Poor thing, did you put a hole in your dolly again?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My youngest son got a very nice note in the mail. He graduated from high school this past Spring and now he received a commemorative note from the White House regarding his graduation. I really don’t know how he made the cut but he was really excited to receive it. He’s in the process of writing a thank you letter to mail back to the White House. This was not only a very special gesture on the part of President Trump, it was very nice. So, Kudos To President Trump!

That is a nice gesture. President Obama's office sent a similar note to my my mom when my dad passed away, in recognition of his military service.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just don't like the word "kudos". I once worked for a firm that used "kudos" as opposed to, you know, actually rewarding hard work with monetary compensation.

I didn't mean for my post to be derogatory. You should be very proud of your son's recognition by any sitting president.

From my time in the USAF, I find "Outstanding" to be cringe worthy.

steppinthrax

I believe someone simply put in an order from the "White House Greetings" Department. I did this during the birth of our daughter from Bush (back in 2004). You simply use the whitehouse.gov site and nav to the greetings department, fill out the information and you get it in the mail.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-order-free-white-house-greetings-1358017

Most likely a professor put in a list of his/her students. The school/university put in it, etc.... It's not a personalized handwritten note, but a boilerplate universal message with a Xerox/Autopen style signature.

PsyOps

Pixelated
awpitt... I know you're not much of a Trump supporter, but you at least have the honesty to recognize a good deed when it's due; unlike some people that harbor so much hatred toward that person that, even in the face of a good thing, they find the negative. What miserable life they must have.

That said, my son just graduated from college. A lot of hard work and stress went into it. So, I know the pride you must feel for your son. That being compounded by the surprise that the White House (perhaps not Trump specifically) actually took the time to recognize your son. Congratulations to your son and you and your family. It's always nice to see a child's hard work recognized in this way.

awpitt

Main Streeter
awpitt... I know you're not much of a Trump supporter, but you at least have the honesty to recognize a good deed when it's due; unlike some people that harbor so much hatred toward that person that, even in the face of a good thing, they find the negative. What miserable life they must have.

That said, my son just graduated from college. A lot of hard work and stress went into it. So, I know the pride you must feel for your son. That being compounded by the surprise that the White House (perhaps not Trump specifically) actually took the time to recognize your son. Congratulations to your son and you and your family. It's always nice to see a child's hard work recognized in this way.

PsyOps. Thank you very much for your kind words. That was really nice.

steppinthrax

And my above response would have been the same had it been Clinton, Obama, Sanders etc...

Awpitt, congrats on your son's achievement.