La Plata Police cleaning up the streets.... well, maybe just the

RobinS

I hope the police body cams will paint a better picture as I know most of the Officers are professionals and do a good job. If an Officer is in the wrong then we need to look at the leadership and the Town budget spending. Now projectiing over $4 MILLION annually for the La Plata Police Department alone, which includes take home police cars for all officers, including the Chief's unmarked car and many who live in other counties. Fuel cost are getting too expensive for this kind of fringe benefit. As they respond to the local car wash the Charles County Sheriff's Police are patrolling the Town of La Plata. Why does La Plata need a $4 MILLION Police Department when we often see CCSO patrolling, responding and enforcing laws in the Town limits? . This should be the news story and not the kids in the car wash. https://townoflaplata.org/vertical/...posed_Budget__Capital_Improvement_Plan(1).pdf

OldHillcrestGuy

Once all of the facts are out, a better picture will be presented. You may see a lot of CCSO cars in LaPlata doesn't mean their on patrol. Their headquarters and several offices are scattered throughout the town. Im sure both departments are having problems hiring new officers its a nationwide problem. Studies have been made from outsider's that say the the town of Laplata is several officers below what they should have right now for the size of the town, and with the new huge housing development coming to LaPlata its going to be like a small St. Charles (unfortunately). Going to be huge as far as the land its going to be built on from Charles St. through to Radio Station Rd. and all along Rosewick Rd, Wont be very long with St. Charles building along St. Charles Pkwy toward Radio Station Rd and the new development along Rosewick Rd. they will all come together. You wont know where Waldorf stops, and White Plains begins and then where LaPlata starts. St. Charles Pkwy use to be a nice quiet shortcut from LaPlata to Mattawomen Beantown Rd (205) to 301 to avoid 301 traffic through Waldorf's business area. Not so much anymore.

RobinS

Once all of the facts are out, a better picture will be presented. You may see a lot of CCSO cars in LaPlata doesn't mean their on patrol. Their headquarters and several offices are scattered throughout the town. Im sure both departments are having problems hiring new officers its a nationwide problem. Studies have been made from outsider's that say the the town of Laplata is several officers below what they should have right now for the size of the town, and with the new huge housing development coming to LaPlata its going to be like a small St. Charles (unfortunately). Going to be huge as far as the land its going to be built on from Charles St. through to Radio Station Rd. and all along Rosewick Rd, Wont be very long with St. Charles building along St. Charles Pkwy toward Radio Station Rd and the new development along Rosewick Rd. they will all come together. You wont know where Waldorf stops, and White Plains begins and then where LaPlata starts. St. Charles Pkwy use to be a nice quiet shortcut from LaPlata to Mattawomen Beantown Rd (205) to 301 to avoid 301 traffic through Waldorf's business area. Not so much anymore.
Totally agree with the growth situation and the need for more police. Indian Head a Town with no Town Police! CCSO does make a fair amount of traffic stops and responses within the La Plata Town limits to include backing up La Plata Officers. CCSO must work all major crimes for La Plata since they don't have the capabilities as CCSO does. Sad part is La Plata Police Officers don't have the full benefits and retirement package as CCSO. Desolve the Town police, save the residents some money and bring the La Plata Officers into CCSO where they can earn and really deserve the same benefits as the CCSO Police Officers do. BTW What happened to the Assistant Chief Chris Becker?

OldHillcrestGuy

Totally agree with the growth situation and the need for more police. Indian Head a Town with no Town Police! CCSO does make a fair amount of traffic stops and responses within the La Plata Town limits to include backing up La Plata Officers. CCSO must work all major crimes for La Plata since they don't have the capabilities as CCSO does. Sad part is La Plata Police Officers don't have the full benefits and retirement package as CCSO. Desolve the Town police, save the residents some money and bring the La Plata Officers into CCSO where they can earn and really deserve the same benefits as the CCSO Police Officers do. BTW What happened to the Assistant Chief Chris Becker?
Assistant Chief retired again or left for another department on the Eastern Shore where he moved I believe.

RobinS

If the current city police have the time to do this then they are not needed.
Let's give the Chief a chance to investigate the matter and the truth should come out. Maybe we'll hear the young ladies side of the story too. The police wear body cams, the car wash should have security cameras and a citizen took some video, so there's lots of evidence out there. My guess is the cops did nothing wrong.

PeoplesElbow

Let's give the Chief a chance to investigate the matter and the truth should come out. Maybe we'll hear the young ladies side of the story too. The police wear body cams, the car wash should have security cameras and a citizen took some video, so there's lots of evidence out there. My guess is the cops did nothing wrong.
How exactly can you justify them making a tik tock video while spraying them with soap?

Maybe nothing "wrong" but nothing they should have been doing.

OldHillcrestGuy

The truth will come out and I bet the the officers will be cleared of any wrong doing.

Clem72

Here's a town that just disbanded the entire police department.

The City of Vincents website lists only three people in its police department: Srygley, Goss, and Lee Carden.

So they fired 3 people and immediately contracted with the Sheriff's department. Sounds to me like they used this as an excuse to cut costs, i'm sure it's cheaper to contract with the larger Sheriff's department than to run an entire police department that consists of only 3 officers.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

So they fired 3 people and immediately contracted with the Sheriff's department. Sounds to me like they used this as an excuse to cut costs, i'm sure it's cheaper to contract with the larger Sheriff's department than to run an entire police department that consists of only 3 officers.
Funny, the question was, "What do yall call a pregnant slave?" It didn't specify color or race. And as history has proven, more White European and those from the Caucasus region, over history, have been enslaved more so than Africans.

Seems that someone in the City of Vincent is jumping to conclusions.