Labor Day Weekend

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Besides all the normal weekend laundry, housework, & shopping chores that I get done - I had a nice evening out on Friday, a get together with some friends Saturday night, today I got in some yardwork, a 5K walk, and did BBQ chicken for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow is open but I'm thinking of getting some new houseplants from Wentworth's if they're open, and get in another walk before meeting up with friends. Good weekend! :yay:

Missed that pig roast on SGI, though. :bawl: Damn COVID

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I actually got most of the yard hayed yesterday, will be able to finish today.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yard work all three days, althought I did pick up a pretty nice stainless steel 30" built-in convection oven at the Habitat Restore Saturday morning.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Putzing projects. Set up the pop-up camper on Friday to get everything ready, just took it down. Replaced the heavy, wooden solar panel carrier with a nicer all aluminum one that straps to the top of the camper, weighs a fraction of the wood one. Dismantled and cut up the wood one, salvaged most of the wood and cut it up for firewood.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Putzing projects. Set up the pop-up camper on Friday to get everything ready, just took it down. Replaced the heavy, wooden solar panel carrier with a nicer all aluminum one that straps to the top of the camper, weighs a fraction of the wood one. Dismantled and cut up the wood one, salvaged most of the wood and cut it up for firewood.
Did you take the sling to brusters?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I actually got most of the yard hayed yesterday, will be able to finish today.
Did finish today, and then Mr Buff got over an hour of Outside Time. Had a good time stalking crickets and grasshoppers.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Did not take the boat out today we just had too much around the house and teacher prep to do. I did manage to get a metric butt load of work done around here and the fire pit is ready to rock next weekend.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Saturday I took my recently retired (USN) nephew fishing and sent him home with about 2 dozen perch to freeze. Yesterday I helped my daughter pick out and purchase a gas grill and tested the SUV's new fuel pump for leaks, none found. Hung out with another nephew from Wifey's side of the family. He had extinguisher duty. Today I started disassembling the front end of the SUV, installed a window unit in Mommy Dearest's bedroom, and took my son fishing this evening. A splendid weekend so far. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Spent most of yesterday working on the boat up in Deale. Got the port engine lit off....getting closer to launch day. About a month behind where I wanted to be by now....but that’s boating.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
A lot of get togethers over the weekend.
Especially my neighbor. Does anyone know where I can call, to complain about gatherings and parties???
Im pretty sure gatherings of 150 people are prohibited. It is not fair that we are in virtual quarantine and they don’t even care. The f@#kers have got alcohol, a bbq, a DJ playing extremely loud music and what smells to me like the devils lettuce. It makes me furious to think how many can get infected. Where can I call to report them?
😡😤

Wait.....false alarm...
They just invited me...
Sorry to bother you,
Carry on!!!😇

1stGenSMIB

Saturday I took my recently retired (USN) nephew fishing and sent him home with about 2 dozen perch to freeze. Yesterday I helped my daughter pick out and purchase a gas grill and tested the SUV's new fuel pump for leaks, none found. Hung out with another nephew from Wifey's side of the family. He had extinguisher duty. Today I started disassembling the front end of the SUV, installed a window unit in Mommy Dearest's bedroom, and took my son fishing this evening. A splendid weekend so far. :yay:
So, when you catch perch, how do you prepare them for eating?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So, when you catch perch, how do you prepare them for eating?
I filet them with the scales on, flip the slab over so the meat is up, then slice along the skin to remove. When cutting the slab, I cut up through the skin/scales above the ribcage keeping the gut intact. There's so little meat loss, that it's not worth the time to try to save the rib meat. It's not the most efficient way, but when you have a good mess of fish, it saves time. My average is 2 minutes per fish. I make sure I have plenty of time before I start. House-Autry makes a seafood breading with corn flour and seasonings. I drop them in hot vegetable oil until browned properly. My kids call them perch dippers. We usually mix mayo, a little ketchup, and a splash of hot sauce to dip them into.