Labradoodle info, please...

KDENISE977

Personally having only ever had boxers my entire life I can say they are much happier and fun in pairs or groups. They don't realize they are dogs and not people

mitzi

I wanted to sneak her out! My hub posted her pic on his FB, and she got a lot of likes. He said Daisy is more popular than his ultra running pics. He already knows Daisy will rule the roost. :lol:

Be sure and post a pic when you get her home.

mamatutu

mama to two
Thanks y'all for the feedback on getting sibling puppies. You never know what can happen when you wake up each day. The in-laws are going to get one of the other puppies. So, it all worked out! Our family is now in full doodle daze! :lol: Here are some pics. They are getting the boy that looks more like a lab (the only smooth hair in the litter). Daisy is the redder one. There were actually 6 in the litter.

Attachments

• puppies.png
    puppies.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 391
  • pups.png
    pups.png
    33 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Midnightrider

Thanks y'all for the feedback on getting sibling puppies. You never know what can happen when you wake up each day. The in-laws are going to get one of the other puppies. So, it all worked out! Our family is now in full doodle daze! :lol: Here are some pics. They are getting the boy that looks more like a lab (the only smooth hair in the litter). Daisy is the redder one. There were actually 6 in the litter.

I had mine groomed today. You should buy a good set of clippers if you plan to do it yourself. Andis makes a good product with reasonably priced replacement blades/cutters. I like the ceramic blades and the 'fine' or 'medium' work best on my dog. She is pretty curly, but her hair is pretty fine. Otherwise budget ~$100 every 6-8 weeks. Since my back issues sprang up I have been paying for it.

mamatutu

mama to two
I had mine groomed today. You should buy a good set of clippers if you plan to do it yourself. Andis makes a good product with reasonably priced replacement blades/cutters. I like the ceramic blades and the 'fine' or 'medium' work best on my dog. She is pretty curly, but her hair is pretty fine. Otherwise budget ~$100 every 6-8 weeks. Since my back issues sprang up I have been paying for it.

:yay: Thanks. I do have many things to consider and prepare for. All advice greatly appreciated!

mamatutu

mama to two
I am sure members don't care, but the boy doodle has been named Toby. We are all just super excited to get our new BFF's. (Best Furry Friends). That's all. :smile:

Edit: I didn't mention previously that the in-laws lost their beloved Mack about 8 years ago, and never got another pet. My son-in-law and his bro found Mack on the side of the road as a cast off pup 20 years ago. So, the doodles, Daisy and Toby, are rekindling the love lost from pets we all loved so dearly. It is a good thing!

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
There was a change of events today. In-laws went to see Toby today and saw how much he was shedding. They decided to change their pick to the male twin of Daisy. No shedding. They were sad, but know they made the right decision because of allergy issues with my daughter.

I looked for the post here that talked about the shedding but couldn't find it. I want to thank all of y'all for your great input on this life changing decision. All the feedback definitely impacted the final decisions made.

His name will still be Toby. Y'all are the best. Thanks again. :smile:

Roman

I can't wait to see more pictures of Daisy, and to hear of her upbringing, and the fun stuff. Congratulations to you, and the in-laws.

mamatutu

mama to two
I can't wait to see more pictures of Daisy, and to hear of her upbringing, and the fun stuff. Congratulations to you, and the in-laws.

Yes. We are all anticipating bringing them home! Here are pics of in-law's Toby. A twin of Daisy! If it is found that my daughter is not allergic to labradoodles, the in-laws will give Toby to her. My in-laws are approaching 80. And, if Plan A or Plan B doesn't work. I will end up with both of them. That doesn't make me too sad! :lol:

Attachments

• toby.png
    toby.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 153
  • toby1.png
    toby1.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 155

Roman

Yes. We are all anticipating bringing them home! Here are pics of in-law's Toby. A twin of Daisy! If it is found that my daughter is not allergic to labradoodles, the in-laws will give Toby to her. My in-laws are approaching 80. And, if Plan A or Plan B doesn't work. I will end up with both of them. That doesn't make me too sad! :lol:
Toby is a cutie. He appears to be pretty curly, so maybe he has more of the poodle gene in him. It's the poodle side that doesn't shed much, right?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Toby is a cutie. He appears to be pretty curly, so maybe he has more of the poodle gene in him. It's the poodle side that doesn't shed much, right?

Yes. Daisy's hair has actually gone crazy now. Here are some pics. Also, so far so good with my daughter and her allergies with Toby. The white labradoodle is Peaches, the mom.

For those who are confused, I am mamatutu. There was a glitch, but I am still glad to be here! :smile:

Attachments

• dandt.png
    dandt.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 160
  • dandt1.png
    dandt1.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 178
  • dandt2.png
    dandt2.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 171
  • peaches.jpg
    peaches.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 156
  • daisydoo4.png
    daisydoo4.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 176

Roman

Yes. Daisy's hair has actually gone crazy now. Here are some pics. Also, so far so good with my daughter and her allergies with Toby. The white labradoodle is Peaches, the mom.

For those who are confused, I am mamatutu. There was a glitch, but I am still glad to be here! :smile:
The babies look more like poodles now. How sweet LL.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The babies look more like poodles now. How sweet LL.

They are definitely fur babies! We are keeping Toby for a week starting next Wednesday when my dot and her hub go on the honeymoon they never had yet. Their anniversary is today. I can't believe it has been a year already. Should be interesting having them both. They are bundles of energy. I don't think I will be posting much! :lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA
This question is for Roman, ICIT, ff, and others that know a lot about dogs. I thought I knew a lot, but I am clueless about this. So, dot brought Toby here today around noon. Daisy and Toby have only been separated from the littler for 10 days. They would play but got into it so bad that they were fighting like cats and dogs. Growling, biting, hurting, yelping, barking, etc. Is it just a puppy stage because they are not fully trained yet, territorial, or what? It got so bad that dot came to get Toby tonight and they are postponing their trip. We tried everything. Water spray, saying no, coins in a can, but they wouldn't leave each other alone. We were exhausted. Will it change when they are older and not in the middle of training at 9 weeks? TIA.
We didn't expect that reaction. I feel so bad that it didn't work out. Dot and hub were having withdrawals from their pup after six hours and felt guilty about leaving him. :lol: I am hoping they get along better when they are older. I have read about the dominance thing in a litter, and there can actually be a dominant female and male puppy. Toby is smaller than Daisy, but he was just as aggressive.

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
This question is for Roman, ICIT, ff, and others that know a lot about dogs. I thought I knew a lot, but I am clueless about this. So, dot brought Toby here today around noon. Daisy and Toby have only been separated from the littler for 10 days. They would play but got into it so bad that they were fighting like cats and dogs. Growling, biting, hurting, yelping, barking, etc. Is it just a puppy stage because they are not fully trained yet, territorial, or what? It got so bad that dot came to get Toby tonight and they are postponing their trip. We tried everything. Water spray, saying no, coins in a can, but they wouldn't leave each other alone. We were exhausted. Will it change when they are older and not in the middle of training at 9 weeks? TIA.
We didn't expect that reaction. I feel so bad that it didn't work out. Dot and hub were having withdrawals from their pup after six hours and felt guilty about leaving him. :lol: I am hoping they get along better when they are older. I have read about the dominance thing in a litter, and there can actually be a dominant female and male puppy. Toby is smaller than Daisy, but he was just as aggressive.

Like any puppy or dog... socialization needs to start from day one. but my first worry would be improper breeding as labs and poodles should not have those types of tempers.

I would look at puppy classes ASAP.... I could recommend someone really well if you would like.

Roman

That is just weird to me LL. They've only been separated as you said, for 10 days. I can only think that maybe Daisy is an alpha female, and very territorial. For some reason, I thought you said that your daughter's In-Laws got Toby for themselves. It's a shame she had to cancel her vacation plans over this. ICit is right, it's important for Daisy to be socialized, and it's good that you got this early. But make sure she has all of her immunizations before taking her to doggie parks, or around any place that is frequented by other dogs. Take ICit up on her recommendation of a trainer.

frequentflier

happy to be living
That is just weird to me LL. They've only been separated as you said, for 10 days. I can only think that maybe Daisy is an alpha female, and very territorial. For some reason, I thought you said that your daughter's In-Laws got Toby for themselves. It's a shame she had to cancel her vacation plans over this. ICit is right, it's important for Daisy to be socialized, and it's good that you got this early. But make sure she has all of her immunizations before taking her to doggie parks, or around any place that is frequented by other dogs. Take ICit up on her recommendation of a trainer.

:yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thanks ICIT Roman and ff for your replies. We are hoping they were just overly happy to see each other. They were only together for 8 hours. I wanted to save any decision until today, but dot wanted Toby back. She has other stresses in her life right now with work and such, plus her hub was trying to catch up his work but the rain and problems with equipment set him back. They decided it was just better to postpone all together until Toby is older. Yes, I think I will do the training classes. I already told ff a while back that I would use her services through Pepper's. Is a puppy that is not done with shot series allowed to go to training? I was thinking not. Thanks again for the feedback.

Roman

Thanks ICIT Roman and ff for your replies. We are hoping they were just overly happy to see each other. They were only together for 8 hours. I wanted to save any decision until today, but dot wanted Toby back. She has other stresses in her life right now with work and such, plus her hub was trying to catch up his work but the rain and problems with equipment set him back. They decided it was just better to postpone all together until Toby is older. Yes, I think I will do the training classes. I already told ff a while back that I would use her services through Pepper's. Is a puppy that is not done with shot series allowed to go to training? I was thinking not. Thanks again for the feedback.
I think they do allow the pups in training classes before getting all the shots. It's best to ask your vet which is best. I personally wouldn't take mine until after the shots are done. But that's up to you.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think they do allow the pups in training classes before getting all the shots. It's best to ask your vet which is best. I personally wouldn't take mine until after the shots are done. But that's up to you.

Agree with you on waiting until shots are over. Her last is at 14 weeks. We actually are giving the last 3 ourselves. It is Duramune Max 5.
As far as the confusion on who got Toby. The in-laws were going to take him as we took Daisy to see how daughter did around the dogs. She seems to be fine, so she and her hub couldn't stand it and took Toby. The in-laws are approaching 80 (dot's hub is 10 years older than she is) so I don't think they minded Toby being taken off their hands. :lol: