Labradoodle info, please...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I don't know if you would be willing to travel for a dog, but I have found that rescues further south, such as North Carolina are less stringent with the adoption process. I do agree about the local rescues. The lab rescue wouldn't let me adopt because I was missing one out of 14 years of vet records. I did find that ridiculous. Funny thing is, when I applied 3 years ago, they approved me. Makes no sense.

Yep, I will travel up to a few hours. But I've found it's just not worth the hassle. My girl's breeder has a litter, they are 4 weeks old. We are considering this option.

Roman

Let her enjoy her dog, and leave her alone. There are dog parks that she can let Daisy run free in once she's immunized fully. There are puppy classes all over the place too. This puppy will be well cared for, and most importantly, loved. So go pick on the people that have dogs tied to chains day in and day out. Or the people that physically abuse, and neglect their dogs.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hopefully not for $1250...:faint:
Mom is merle, dad is black. One harl, the rest merle and black. GD pups_black.jpg

Midnightrider

Because she won't fence in her TEN ACRES her dog will clearly either die of all those cars zooming around or get super fat and lazy bc she doesn't have a working JOB. You're being dramatic. She hasn't given any indication that Daisy will be walked solely on a leash or that she won't find a way to "work" her. Knock it off.

I warn people all the time about my dog's breed. They're not meant for everyone, even more so than labradoodles. But I'm not a douchebag when I explain.

you obviouysly dont know kookoo if you think she is a logical person or if you thinks she sees thing clearly.

where did i say she had to fence in 10 acres?
working dogs NEED a job. they will not be happy unless you give them one. It doens't have to be hunting, but it does need to be most days until they are a few years old. Many need it their entire life. They dog get fat and lazy, they get distructive and turn into roamers. Anyone who claims to own a dog should understand that fencing your yard is good advice for any dog owner. But for working dogs and many others that need to be outside more than you are going to want to, its a necessity. Again, underground fences work quite well if you put in the time and consistently train the dog.

But please, expound upon your notion that letting a dog run loose is responsible pet ownership.....

just for kicks, whats your breed?

PJay

Like i said, you are not up to the task if you think you can get a working dog the exercise it needs by walking it on a leash. it will only be a matter of time before that dog is running loose in your yard.

Never thought the day would come I would agree with you. I feel sorry for any dog she decides to take in. The addiction she has to this forum a dog will suffer neglect. Oh, and I cannot believe what she is willing to pay to have one when she objects to me throwing away a bottle of nasty tasting steak sauce.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
you obviouysly dont know kookoo if you think she is a logical person or if you thinks she sees thing clearly.

working dogs NEED a job. they will not be happy unless you give them one. It doens't have to be hunting, but it does need to be most days until they are a few years old. Many need it their entire life. They dog get fat and lazy, they get distructive and turn into roamers. Anyone who claims to own a dog should understand that fencing your yard is good advice for any dog owner. But for working dogs and many others that need to be outside more than you are going to want to, its a necessity. Again, underground fences work quite well if you put in the time and consistently train the dog.

But please, expound upon your notion that letting a dog run loose is responsible pet ownership.....

Look. I actually agree with you....in a sense, you're just being a dick bc it's your way or the highway. Yes, working dogs need "jobs", they need activities to wear them out. Yada yada yada. :blahblah: Every breed has it's standards and every dog has it's own personality. Not every working dog needs a fenced in yard to "survive" and not every dog gets lazy fat and destructive when left to their own devices. I've owned plenty of "working dogs" Labs, weimaraners, etc. :rolleyes: they're all different and responsible owners know to adjust. Kookoo might be a quack but at least she's an animal-loving quack. Therefor I could care less what kind of dog she gets bc I know she'll properly care for it no matter what.

And for crying out loud stop equating no fences with irresponsible pet ownership. I live in a condo and my dog does just fine when I let her out the back (ground level unit) and watch her from my porch as she goes leash-less over to the tree line to do her little duties (someone call animal control....). Maggie hates it when I stand over her and make her poop with an audience. In fact she purposely takes longer then. That's another dog that's supposed to be all crazy and hyper and easily turns to destruction for attention. Maggie sleeps 22.5 hours a day. Exact opposite of what everyone says she'll be like.

For kicks, my breed is of Italian and English decent. I'm pale and freckly but I'm short with crazy hair and have dramatic hand gestures while I talk, loudly. But my dog's breed is Shiba Inu. I've already gone on about the misconceptions with this breed on these forums so I don't feel like going into it again.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
And for crying out loud stop equating no fences with irresponsible pet ownership. I live in a condo and my dog does just fine when I let her out the back (ground level unit) and watch her from my porch as she goes leash-less over to the tree line to do her little duties (someone call animal control....). Maggie hates it when I stand over her and make her poop with an audience. In fact she purposely takes longer then.
My Boxer had the most difficult time going #2 while on a leash... he just wasn't comfortable. If we were out on a walk, he would hide behind a bush so that nobody could see him. Yet, let him off the leash and he'd go run, potty, and come right back. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My Boxer had the most difficult time going #2 while on a leash... he just wasn't comfortable. If we were out on a walk, he would hide behind a bush so that nobody could see him. Yet, let him off the leash and he'd go run, potty, and come right back. :lol:

That's Maggie too. Shiba's are known to be horrendous on the leash. It takes a lot of dedication when they're young, way more than an average puppy. And while I knew that about the breed, everyone knows I got Maggie a couple years ago right here on the forums, she's now almost 10. There's not much changing her :lol:

spinner

Why are you still talking?