Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Sure, I'd love another "frying pan"

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I have no opinion and just wanted to vote in this poll

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Do you want a gift for your kitchen for Christmas or Chanukah?

Now I don't mean a big name appliance, like a custom Kitchen-Aid mixer, or brand-new dishwasher, or even that Keurig that you've been asking for.

I'm talking frying pans, toasters, etc. Common household kitchen appliances.

Last edited:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I wouldn't mind if my kids gave me a new Belgian Waffle iron. :whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:lol: I want a convection oven. But the reason for this poll is my husband thinks it's a good idea to buy his sisters each a frying pan for Christmas, while I think it's a horrible idea.

I wouldn't mind if my kids gave me a new Belgian Waffle iron. :whistle:

Ooooh... the flipper-turner-over one like they have at the continental breakfasts at Days Inn...:clap:

If it was a nice quality kitchen item that I would use I don't think I would mind it...:shrug: But then again, I am partial to getting practical, useful gifts.

:lol: I want a convection oven. But the reason for this poll is my husband thinks it's a good idea to buy his sisters each a frying pan for Christmas, while I think it's a horrible idea.

Just any ole frying pan or is it something of a high-end frying pan they would not normally buy for themselves?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

I guess it would depend on his reason for gifting them. Do they even like to cook? :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
An unsolicited frying pan is probably not a good idea, unless they enjoy cooking and it's a nice one. I dislike the idea of giving a gift just for the sake of having given a gift. If it's not thoughtful or meaningful, save your money.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Ooooh... the flipper-turner-over one like they have at the continental breakfasts at Days Inn...:clap:

Ding ding ding! My 20 year-old Betty Crocker waffle maker finally gave up it's last waffle. :bawl:

There has to be something unique about this frying pan... a dude just doesn't think "Oh... a frying pan" without there being a reason... :eyebrow:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Just any ole frying pan or is it something of a high-end frying pan they would not normally buy for themselves?
A $25 cast iron skillet frying pan that they wouldn't buy for themselves or they would already have one imho. I had my first one before I even left home. Both sisters are older than me, have established households and don't have them.

I guess it would depend on his reason for gifting them. Do they even like to cook? :lol:
His one sister has to cook for an army and his other sister just built a show room kitchen (it's nice, shiny and glossy).

I don't think either one really is a cast iron skillet kind of gal.

I also don't feel it's appropriate to gift cooking tools as it's more of a personal preference on what you like to cook with. Much less gift as a Christmas present. :shrug: Maybe a housewarming gift or wedding gift, but not Christmas.

A $25 cast iron skillet frying pan that they wouldn't buy for themselves or they would already have one imho. I had my first one before I even left home. Both sisters are older than me, have established households and don't have them.

Oh hell... you get my vote... tell Yle he's a :loser:

:lol:

I was picturing something extra special like the $240 dutch oven pot thingy that Loving and BG were fawning about...:lol:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Oh hell... you get my vote... tell Yle he's a :loser:

I was picturing something extra special like the $240 dutch oven pot thingy that Loving and BG were fawning about...:lol:

+1 :lol: I only make cornbread in my cast iron skillet.

Mig, think of it this way. At least he's TRYING to help out with the gift giving. I mean, he could just leave it all up to you and not worry about it, right? :yay:
I thought of this too... I squashed my hubbies helpfulness over a decade ago because we didn't see eye to eye on gift giving... I have it all to do by myself now... I guess I got what I wanted...:ohwell:

Samething with him giving me gifts... if he got me anything to expensive or frivalous I would thank him then make him take it back... I no longer get jewelry and such... I guess I got what I wanted... :ohwell:

I'm raising my daughter better than that... she has a similar mindset when it comes to her boyfriend spending money on her... she knows he works hard for what he has... I'm trying to mentor her into finding a happy medium where she can be receptive without letting him spend too much... hope she has luck with that...:lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Mig, think of it this way. At least he's TRYING to help out with the gift giving. I mean, he could just leave it all up to you and not worry about it, right? :yay:

No, he always gets the gifts for his family and he does an excellent job. I occassionally give some input on the gift selection, but the final choice/decision, purchase, shipping, etc. is all him. I give him excellent kudos for being a much better shopper than I am. :clap: We all know that my husband is the better shopper Radiant. :lol:

I just don't think the frying pans for his sisters are a good idea, but I could be wrong. Hence the poll. :shrug:

No, he always gets the gifts for his family and he does an excellent job. I occassionally give some input on the gift selection, but the final choice/decision, purchase, shipping, etc. is all him. I give him excellent kudos for being a much better shopper than I am. :clap: We all know that my husband is the better shopper Radiant. :lol:

I just don't think the frying pans for his sisters are a good idea, but I could be wrong. Hence the poll. :shrug:

Well in that case tell him we all say no to the frying pan and he needs to move on...:lol: