Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Sure, I'd love another "frying pan"

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I have no opinion and just wanted to vote in this poll

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
:lol: I want a convection oven. But the reason for this poll is my husband thinks it's a good idea to buy his sisters each a frying pan for Christmas, while I think it's a horrible idea.

Maybe he's just trying rattle their cages......

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Wait just a minute! I was driving all day and didn't see this thread.

Gotsta stick up for Yle on this one - a cast iron skillet is a GREAT gift. Larry got me one for Christmas one year and it was exactly what I wanted. I use it several times a week, easily. Nice solid Lodge cast iron, a multi-purpose pan that will last forever.

You ladies who sniff at a Lodge pan are crazy.

A cast iron skillet is probably one of the worst things I could think of to receive. I HATE them with a passion.

Vince

A cast iron skillet is probably one of the worst things I could think of to receive. I HATE them with a passion.
Only use a round type skillet once in awhile. Most of the time I use the large elect skillet. Use the crap outta that thing.

No, you don't give a woman a gift of a cast iron skillet unless you want her to hit you with it. :doh:

Beta84

They're out to get us
mig, since you made the mistake of making this a closed poll, i am going to help :gossip: out on this one! :dance:

lovinmaryland

lemme ask a not so silly ? what do y`all recommend for ceramic top stoves? brand new & not used? you Girls seem to know the scoop on that. an honest ? price isn`t the isssue. Quality yes, but careful seldom use without naturally scratching the surface. single edge razor blade will poof any mess. & Windex makes it shine of course.
B B & B, or i`ve seen a bunch, but yet 2 make a decision. yes i can cook if need be. a whole set of cookware, no prob.

I have no deisre to own one of those. I really need to replace my stove and am hoping to be able to afford and upgrade to a 5 or 6 burner gas stove. Gotta see what my bonus is liek first though. :fingerscrossed:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love my Calphalon, too, but they're used differently than the cast iron and the stainless pans. You cannot blacken a steak or make a pan sauce with non-stick.

SamSpade

It's just one of those things where knowing the recipient makes a lot of difference. Most of the time, women would rather receive a gift of luxury than one of practicality.

From experience though - I don't buy my wife jewelry, perfume or any kind of clothes unless I know with certainty that it is *EXACTLY* what she wants.

Of course, she also doesn't like surprises. One Christmas she showed me a pair of boots in a catalog, saying she'd like that for Christmas. I told her I would get them for her - she said "it's ok, you already did".