Last days for Freedom for Osama??

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by sleuth14
If anything, they'd catch him now and just not announce it until it was politically expedient. :biggrin:

Which is fine by me, just so long as they eventually announce it.

The only problem with that is that it could backfire. Let's say that we catch him and put him in a metal room and then put the room in a box until - say, October. Then come out in October and say - HEY! Look - we got Bin Laden *cough* back in february *cough*.

And America would look at Bush and say, "Hey! #######! Why didn't you tell us before NOW?"

Too transparent.

Now - if in August or September we catch the filthy pig-fcker, in November, people will be still waving the red-white-n-blue in non-partisan glory as we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done ... and Bush surfs that wave into the election like the humunga-kowabunga from down-unda.

And there's NO way that Kerry could fight that kind of thing. Kerry could show a picture of GW Bush with cocaine on his face like confectioner's sugar - he could show a picture of Bush playing Golf during the "missing six months" he could show Bush standing over a dead body with a bloody hatchet and it wouldn't do any good.

Well, maybe the hatchet thing would do some damage.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Toxick
Now - if in August or September we catch the filthy pig-fcker, in November, people will be still waving the red-white-n-blue in non-partisan glory as we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done ... and Bush surfs that wave into the election like the humunga-kowabunga from down-unda.

And there's NO way that Kerry could fight that kind of thing. Kerry could show a picture of GW Bush with cocaine on his face like confectioner's sugar - he could show a picture of Bush playing Golf during the "missing six months" he could show Bush standing over a dead body with a bloody hatchet and it wouldn't do any good.

Well, maybe the hatchet thing would do some damage.
:killingme :killingme :killingme

C

czygvtwkr

A couple hydrogen bombs could take everything out in a 10x10 mile area....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by czygvtwkr
A couple hydrogen bombs could take everything out in a 10x10 mile area....
:cool: Go back and read K.K.'s reply to my suggestion. I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea either, but you'd have some civilians around who'd get waxed just for being in the area.
Remember, we're trying to win hearts and minds, not create a mess where we further hinder these folks along the path to their own democracy(if that's possible).
If you kill a bunch of innocents, it makes it that much harder to get them to trust us.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by penncam
:cool: Go back and read K.K.'s reply to my suggestion. I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea either, but you'd have some civilians around who'd get waxed just for being in the area.
Remember, we're trying to win hearts and minds, not create a mess where we further hinder these folks along the path to their own democracy(if that's possible).
If you kill a bunch of innocents, it makes it that much harder to get them to trust us.
Damn, that light bulb still comes on every once in a while, doesn't it? :clap: